Power button hard to press

Guest drama20050202

Guest drama20050202

Well..i'm sure that i'm not the only G300 owner with this power button press problem..did anyone have a easy fix for this? 

P.S. sorry for my english

• 2 weeks later...
Guest george109

Well..i'm sure that i'm not the only G300 owner with this power button press problem..did anyone have a easy fix for this? 

P.S. sorry for my english

I think the only way is to take it apart. This is a common problem with G300s.

If you still have warranty (Which you probably will have as it is usually 2 years, so you would have 6 months left if you bought it when it first came out) then contact Huawei and ask for a replacement or a fix.

Guest drama20050202

I think the only way is to take it apart. This is a common problem with G300s.

If you still have warranty (Which you probably will have as it is usually 2 years, so you would have 6 months left if you bought it when it first came out) then contact Huawei and ask for a replacement or a fix.

i know it is an common problem :p i don't brought my g300 from store..it's hecon hand , so i can't go and ask for replacement :p anyway..do you know how i can set long press back button to screen off and lock?

Guest TechnoCentrist

Here is tutorial how to use all buttons on Icecreamsandwich to wake phone (this means up/down buttons can wake it, not just power button).

This was working flawlessly on Gingerbread by installing Wakeall free app from gplay, but if you updated to 4.xx none of the available 4 apps from gplay works.

Solution lies in keylayout files in system folder. Phone has to be rooted, and you need some editor which can edit with root access (Root explorer for example).

Open system/usr/keylayout folder and find all files with kl extension. The trick is to find and change default mapping in every kl file where volume_up & volume_down buttons appears, to action WAKE. For example, in Generic.kl file there is line:
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN
which should look like this:
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE

This also apply to other files, because in some of them mapped action is WAKE_DROPPED, which means that wake event will not fire on click.

In file 7k_handset.kl you should add theese two lines, because they do not exist by default there:
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE
key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE

After that, you can install Wakeall from gplay, and you have awakening phone on all buttons.

P.S.
Interesting things can be found in this layout mapping files - you can easily change button roles, like home button to have diferrent action ih media player, or to swich up/down buttons to prev/next song instead of volume up/down, or browser default buttons mappings.... play a little :)