[ROM] [CUSTOM] PirateDroidV2 (P736E and P736V) **INT2EXTV2+ RUNNING -> 1GB INTERNAL MEMORY**

Guest Typhus_

Guest pinky0978

Under 'prerequisites' on first page: "check THIS thread for a TPT with, at least, a 200MB system". Think I should be ok with stock TPT (I've never flashed a different one)!!

BTW, does anyone know if the Gingerbread o/c kernel will work with this rom?

Edited by pinky0978

Guest dodgetimmy

Its strange the stock system tpt is 200mb for you since the stock as far as I knew was always 220mb. However I don't remember that far back now so can't say what mine was for sure :P I own a p736v..maybe the p736e stock TPT is different.

Looks like Typhus_ may have slimmed the rom down to fit on 200mb then if you are running it fine.

And yes, the Gingerbread o/c kernel works.

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest Typhus_

Hello!

Yes I've shrunk the ROM, to fit on 200MB system partitions, on V2.

Don't know why any app would be gone while flashing it...Anyway, for what I've read, that's ok now, so, dunno...

ANYWAY...

I just find out that the "Xposed World" is now more alive on GingerBread.

I use Xposed Framework, as well as some of it's modules available, for quite some time on my other phone that runs on JellyBean (believe me, this is one of the best things ever), although the last time I've tried it on GingerBread, there wasn't that much cool stuff available.

But NOW...

...now there is already some great stuff! Among them there is a module that allows us to control our music, whenever the phone is locked and with the screen turned off, by using the phone's physical buttons.

NICE!

This module works from GingerBread to KitKat and it has some more cool features. 

Enough talking, let's go to business!

1 - Click HERE and download "XposedGBInstaller-2.4.1-20140103.1.apk" -> This is the app that allows us to install/uninstall "Xposed Framework"

2 - Copy it to your SD Card

3 - Install it

4 - Open it

From here on forward, you just need to follow the images below:

- FIRST, WE MUST INSTALL THE NEWEST XPOSED FRAMEWORK -

iw3bbc.jpg vor6z4.jpg 10hunhi.jpg

246nipf.jpg 2ch82z9.jpg fjnnuc.jpg

1z17hg8.jpg vief0k.jpg femloy.jpg

10za4k9.jpg s63ypd.jpg 28twf3k.jpg

2emz7z5.jpg 35cg3ly.jpg 9abins.jpg

1z3cbhg.jpg

- AFTER IT HAS BEEN INSTALLED THROUGH RECOVERY, REBOOT YOUR PHONE AND OPEN THE APP AGAIN -

2nro7mf.jpg 1548rno.jpg

- THE NUMBERS ARE GREEN, RIGHT? SO LET'S MOVE ON -

166kf8o.jpg m91xj5.jpg

- OHHH...THERE'S NO MODULES...SO LET'S DOWNLOAD ONE RIGHT NOW! -

- HOW ABOUT IF WE INSTALL THAT MUSIC CONTROL MODULE? -

biv7mt.jpg 14j00p1.jpg 66hi79.jpg

- VERSION 1.8 IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY... DOWNLOAD 1.7...-

20zczkn.jpg fz9pfr.jpg 6fxrux.jpg

- TOUCH ON "FINISHED" AND NOT ON "OPEN" -

- IT'S JUST THAT THE MODULE NEEDS TO BE ACTIVATED FIRST... -

ieig0j.jpg 166kf8o.jpg 24m5i5f.jpg

24439er.jpg 2nro7mf.jpg 98aqh5.jpg

358x7on.jpg

- THE PHONE MUST REBOOT FOR THE CHANGES TO TAKE EFFECT... -

- AFTER REBOOT, LET'S CONFIGURE THE MODULE -

11w943s.jpg l8ie0.jpg mtwbo1.jpg

291dp1j.jpg 2vd5r9s.jpg qxqh6u.jpg

- I'VE CHOSEN THAT I WANT TO CONTROL NOOZY PLAYER APP AND THAT IT WILL LAUNCH AS SOON AS I CONNECT MY HEADPHONES -

- NOW I'LL JUST SETUP THE BUTTONS -

68e9lj.jpg rwksk6.jpg a175ow.jpg

n4xjyu.jpg 2cwn1vb.jpg 1e51jo.jpg

- I'VE SET THAT, IF I KEEP PRESSING "VOL +" FOR 300ms, I'LL SKIP TO THE NEXT TRACK -

- NOW I'LL DO THE SAME FOR "VOL -" TO GO TO PREVIOUS TRACK - 

2jg83r9.jpg zajh4.jpg

- HEY! BUT I STILL WANT TO CONTROL THE VOLUME......-

- NO PROBLEM. SETUP UP THAT AS WELL... -

j5gp5c.jpg 2u47sdx.jpg

2eg90cm.jpg 10zsml3.jpg

THERE YOU GO! PLUG IN YOUR HEADPHONES AND ENJOY!!

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Cya!  emo_im_cool.png

Edited by Typhus_

Guest Typhus_

I'm sorry for the off-topic, and double-post, but I thought that you would like to know this info.

Game lovers, here you go:

ARMv7 to ARMv6 converter

Porting ARMv7 Games To ARMv6 Devices

Ported armv6 games just name it i will provide you

Remember that ZTE P736E and P736V have an ARMv6 CPU...

Enjoy!

Edited by Typhus_

Guest Dovahpig

Very good rom, but i dont think intex script is working.

I installed a few apps and i got a message that im low on space.

Should i partition my sd card first?

Also rom is very bloated with unnececary apps which waste ram.

Guest Typhus_

PirateDroid V2.2

*Changelog*

- New battery charging animation

- Several fixes applied on framework. Mainly goal was to fix white/black text on white/dark background.

- Calendar events date text and background colors fixed

- New Google account Setup Title bar window corrected

There's no need to wipe cache nor data.

Cya!

NOTES

• It's possible that you'll lose your SMS and MMS messages after applying this update. Please preform a backup first in case you don't want to lose anything that may be important.
  • I recommend you to fully chareg your battery before applying this update.
Edited by Typhus_

Guest Typhus_

Very good rom, but i dont think intex script is working.

I installed a few apps and i got a message that im low on space.

Should i partition my sd card first?

Also rom is very bloated with unnececary apps which waste ram.

Hello!

Yes my dear friend, you have to partition your SD Card first.

Please read the "Prerequisites" section on the OP for more info.

Bye!

Guest Dovahpig

Cheers. Continue doing a good work, this rom is probably the best one for our s*** device but please think about removing some not needed apps.

Guest Typhus_

I could remove...if you tell me which ones you think aren't needed.

Anyway, for the time being, since you've got root, you may remove anything you don't want.

:)

Guest Dovahpig

I do that, i remove apks straight from the zip. But for most people thats sience fiction.

Stuff like google maps, google street, dolby beats apk, no frills.. I removed like 10 apps which could easily be installed if user wants it and it wouldnt be a system app.

Guest Typhus_

But the thing is, Google apps are used by many people, usually everyone wants them.

As for BeatsManager.apk...to me, that app is completely top priority. As a music lover, I could not release a ROM without a proper sound experience.

But, anyway, if you're able to take care of them, no problem here, I think.

Edited by Typhus_

Guest dodgetimmy

I have always thought there's little point trimming system apps unless you are planning to fit the rom on a smaller system partition.

It may be a possibility to trim things down to a 160mb system, which leaves you a bit more space to install user apps without any a2sd solution and a small benefit when using int2ext,(probably a few extra apps) but then, there's not much point as a rom creator unless you also start to mention to people they need to download a different tpt to reap the benefit.

If you don't change tpt, there's no point at all.

Then you also have to think about the way int2ext works when you use it. Any apps that are on the system partition rather than the data partition aren't partly moved to the SD card, so they run faster. For me the bane of this phone was having to use a a2sd solution, but needing the apps I essentially use to be fast and stay on the internal memory.

For example, if you install a custom launcher/keyboard it will run slower if its on the data partition because dalvik cache and appdata is moved to the SD card, so you either have to free up space on the system partition and convert them to system applications, or suffer the performance loss.

From the perspective of someone installing this rom that doesn't want the apps included on system, I just deleted the ones I didn't want with titanium backup and then converted apps I did want to system apps using titanium backup. A lot easier for most users than deleting files from a zip on a pc.

If you want to delete all the custom apps from the zip of the rom, why not do so and upload it? I'm sure typhus_ won't mind being asked if its okay for you to share it.

Guest Typhus_

I don't see any advantages on uploading a "custom version" of PirateDroid...

I'm afraid I wouldn't enjoy seeing people reclaiming possible bugs on a version that I don't have nor test.

Honestly, this is a "non-problem". Since everyone is able to remove system, or user, apps, I prefer to just let it be like this by default.

Guest dodgetimmy

I don't think its possible for bugs to appear if you are removing just apps that you have added anyway. But anyway its your rom, your choice. The advantages are small, like I explained above.

Guest Typhus_

Bugs could appear...specially if someone removes something that seemed unnecessary when, indeed, it was.

Anyway, to me that's a non-problem so I won't focus on that.

Top priorities now are:

1 - Come up with a new improved Mms.apk 

2 - Add more features on status bar

Cya!

Guest Typhus_

PirateDroid V2.3

*Changelog*

(*) New Mms.apk  -> Featuring chat bubbles; dark or white backgrounds; option to show, or not, the avatars; set "My" avatar; font size and a lot other extras.

- New Phone.apk -> "Holo" style while in call and emergency dialer.

- New Network, WiFi and Mobile data status icons

- New icons and drawables on framework

(*) - This new Mms.apk required a framework.jar modification in order to enable Mms receptions. And so, in case something goes wrong along the way, I've decided to include, on "PirateExtras" folder, a flashable zip that will revert to the original framework.jar and Mms.apk. Although it's the original Mms.apk, I've themed it as well, so now it has a white background and some other stuff. Anyway, if all goes along as planned, this flashable zip won't be necessary.

NOTES:

It's necessary to wipe cache and dalvik-cache after flashing this update and before rebooting the phone.

In theory, this shouldn't be necessary, since I've included those instructions on the update script. But, since I've came across some errors after rebooting, I advise you to perform those wipes manually using the available recovery options.

The first boot, after the update, will take longer than usual.

Cya!

Edited by Typhus_

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reedo_17

Ive downloaded the rom from the main post it says v2 is this already v2.3 or do i have to download something else?

Guest Typhus_

Hello!

No, you don't have to download anything else. All you have to do is to flash the ROM and, afterwards, access OTA Updater app and...update.

:)

Guest ralphigh

Okay i followed pretty much everything u needed to get this thing running and i must say WOW... great recovery tutorial and files which my first issue... now i jus cant seem to get the wireless to connect.. will to debug if you just let me know log files to pull or use adb to find the answer...

if that was all then the factor i have

FRONT AND BACK CAM... they said it couldnt be done.. NICE

Working video Recording with thumbnails..

pretty much the phone is fully alive again

Thanks alot cant wait for more

Update - since last update to 2.3 it seems to considerable slowed down the transition when you go from start screen and then click to main menu, and  vice versa after you come from app or main menu of apps, it has a really slow return to start screen... just fyi.

Positive note... The battery from 78% lasted 5 hrs to 72% AMAZING it never lasted 5hrs for the whole battery before your ROM... thanks

Edited by ralphigh

Guest ralphigh

im havig now some serious issues with memory and i havent installed anything EXTRA on my phone it just update the apps you had on the Rom and now im down to 12 mb internal.... i thought this was suppose to push EVERYTHING to the SDCARD.. including internal based apps??

Btw is this Thread still alive haven't had any posts on previous question .. just a thought..

Thanks again but if i cant figuer why ive run out im going to have to lose this glorious rom im going to have to flash another that is less Internal based...

thanks again for what you do have though

Guest b3b3rt

eap-sim doesn't work on FreeWifi_secure, connection time out.

however, after select acces point, wpa_supplicant.conf file contains

netword={

ssid="FreeWifi_secure

key_mgmt=WPA-EIP IEEE8021X

eap=SIM

priority=7

}

Guest Typhus_

Hello!

Yes, this thread is still alive. I'm simply having to much to do on real life that's keeping me from coming here as much as I wanted.

I'm also trying to come up with a new status bar and that, also, is keeping me pretty much busy.

Now, first things first.

WiFi connection issues appeared on everyone that had changed the phone's TPT original config. That's why I've mentioned on the OP that I recommend you to flash a stock TPT with, at least, 200MB system partition before flashing the ROM. I also delivered you, on the OP, a stock TPT with 220MB system. If you're a P736E user, do flash that stock TPT and, afterwards, flash the ROM.

Internal memory, and by internal I mean /data/app, is indeed on the sdcard. Internal memory is not supposed to lower to ridiculous sizes since, every time your reboot, the INT2EXTV2+ script "does it's magic". Anyway, the script needs internal 100MB for every 500MB external in order to work properly. I've mentioned that on the OP as well.

"eap-sim", "FreeWifi_secure", etc... I haven't touch that, so it is as it was on the stock ROM from which this ROM is based on. On other words, I haven't touched on wpa_supplicant.conf.

If anyone knows a better config for that file, please do tell.

Cya soon!

Edited by Typhus_