Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] H3 Holo (Dolby Audio + Linaro optimized kernel + frandom + ROW I/O scheduler)

* * * * * 6 votes

388 replies to this topic

gajo94

gajo94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate

You don't need to flash any scripts with this ROM.

Create a 1GB EXT partition with no swap in ClockworkMod and then install the ROM. It'll automatically set everything up for you :)

I cannot create partiton in clockwork i created it with mini tool partiton wizard as primary both partitons, I installed rom but its crashes at all aps (settings, playstore...) he see partition but wont work correct, can you tell me step by step what to do.
Thanks for reply ;)

Edited by gajo94, 11 May 2014 - 09:54 AM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Backup everything from your memory card and fully reformat it. Next create the EXT partition and then copy the ROM to the SD card and try it again.

When installing the ROM you're following the guide and doing all of the wipes as in post #1, right?

How come you can't create the partition in ClockworkMod? ClockworkMod v4.0.1.4 should work perfectly.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

gajo94

gajo94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

When i partititon in clockwork he says done, but when i go to log i see there some errors? When i put sd card in pc mini tool partition size tells me unpartitoned space that i formated in cwm (4.0.1.4) I nearly managed to partiton sd card and boot this morning, but still same problem it crashes when i have tried to update youtube. I am doing all steps from frist post.

gajo94

gajo94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Edited by gajo94, 12 May 2014 - 07:02 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

I'm not sure what else to suggest. If the ROM was downloaded correctly, you've wiped the system partition and your SD card then it should work without fault. My bet is that the faults with your SD card and the way in which it's being formatted, since nobody else has any problems with ClockworkMod.

What version of ClockworkMod do you have installed? Also have you adjusted the TPT at all? You need at least 150MB for the system and a 2MB cache.

Edited by H3ROS, 12 May 2014 - 07:17 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

gajo94

gajo94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I fixed problem. Microsd card was a trouble maker, i changed it and now is perfect. Thanks for help :)
Is there will be another update.
Do you know how to fix vibration (hardware) it wont work on any rom(i did not try stock rom). Maybe i damaged something when i
removed simlock from my skate??
Sorry for grammar English isn't my first language.

Edited by gajo94, 20 May 2014 - 04:24 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been rather busy lately. I might release an update at some point, but I'm currently not using my Skate. There's no major issues to fix though.

If vibration isn't working on any of the ROM's for you then you might of damaged something as vibration is something that works on every ROM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

djchena

djchena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Nice rom, but i have problems with data connection. I've tried everything I've seen in many forums, but I have been unable to run the Data Connection. The APN is correctly configured, as I have always configured in all roms, I've tried all combinations with options, but nothing. Help please.

[SOLVED] finally it was by poor settings in the APN. In APN type the first letter lower case he had to go, it's weird, in all roms let me put it in capitals.

Edited by djchena, 02 June 2014 - 11:03 PM.

xander21

xander21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been rather busy lately. I might release an update at some point, but I'm currently not using my Skate. There's no major issues to fix though.

If vibration isn't working on any of the ROM's for you then you might of damaged something as vibration is something that works on every ROM.

I plan to change phone since few months because many apps refuse old rom (Chrome as main exemple).
What phone replace your skate ?
Maybe you would advise me to only change the rom ?

ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5 - H3 Holo

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

I've only temporarily got a Huawei Y300, but that's only to fix a few issues. I'm planning on buying a Moto G soon.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

KorjnacaRade

KorjnacaRade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, am using this device and at moment have no need for anything better.  I am using C3C0 CyanogenMod 7.2.0 ROM , but i would like to try this one because its newer and promise to be better, and hopefully has louder in-call sound.  What I need is stability and functionality (everything working as it should).
Anyhow can you please reupload latest version of ROM on some other server, ubuntuone is not working anymore (Unfortunately this file is no longer available, the service has been discontinued. For details, see: http://blog.canonica...untu-one-file).

xander21

xander21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

I've only temporarily got a Huawei Y300, but that's only to fix a few issues. I'm planning on buying a Moto G soon.

And why choose this one ?
Motorola isn't so much repute in front of many other brand.
Is it 4G ?
When i see its price and its battery life, it looks a bit more attractive !

Edited by xander21, 14 June 2014 - 09:59 AM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

@ KorjnacaRade

I'll reupload it later today. I'll need to find my backup.

@ xander21

The great battery is the main reason, but it also outperforms the Nexus 4 which tends to sell on eBay for more than the Moto G.

The only thing I don't like is that there's no SD card slot, but there's a new version that does have an SD card slot and it also adds LTE.

New 8GB version (includes LTE and SD card slot) link

Old 8GB version link

Edited by H3ROS, 14 June 2014 - 01:46 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

xander21

xander21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

@ KorjnacaRade

@ xander21

The great battery is the main reason, but it also outperforms the Nexus 4 which tends to sell on eBay for more than the Moto G.

The only thing I don't like is that there's no SD card slot, but there's a new version that does have an SD card slot and it also adds LTE.

Old 8GB version link

I'll think about the idea of buying it then. ;-)
And do you plan to dev roms for it ?

Edited by xander21, 14 June 2014 - 02:20 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

I might, although there's already a lot of great ROM's for it. It's a well supported device :)

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

almera8

almera8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo

@ KorjnacaRade

@ xander21

Old 8GB version link

Hello H3ROS,

I would love to try this ROM, were you able to find your backup and reupload somewhere?

Or does anyone else have a download link?

Edited by almera8, 22 June 2014 - 07:10 AM.

juan_gonzalez

juan_gonzalez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

There is one problem installing Facebook apk from store, appears 498 error, it happen when it is not enough cache memory. The new facebook apk is about 39 mb, any solution? Perhaps a sdext script problem?. Thxs.

PD.: I changed dpi to 200. If DPI is on 240, facebook apk its only 18 mb, on 200 dpi is 39 mb. I reinstalled the room and I used Nitroglass 2.1 script and now It works like a charm on 200 dpi and 39 mb FB download error no appears, 

Edited by juan_gonzalez, 22 June 2014 - 12:36 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Hello H3ROS,

I would love to try this ROM, were you able to find your backup and reupload somewhere?

Or does anyone else have a download link?

Since Ubuntu one has shutdown I've now reuploaded everything to Google :)

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

KorjnacaRade

KorjnacaRade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for reuploading. I will give it a try as soon as i catch some free time.

Before that just to be sure :

According to disk-info this is my storage configuration:  (internal: 57.5MB cache / 200MB system / 162MB data), (external: 480MB sd-ext, ext3) , is that ok?Should it work on that partitions as they are, or do I have to somehow change partition sizes?

Edited by KorjnacaRade, 24 June 2014 - 12:28 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

It should work. You can actually use a 150MB system partition with 2MB cache to get extra space.

When installing the ROM just make sure you format everything like in post #1 :)

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users