Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] H3 Holo (Dolby Audio + Linaro optimized kernel + frandom + ROW I/O scheduler)

* * * * * 6 votes

385 replies to this topic

honigfisch

honigfisch

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@-

Can you add German language for the Keyboard or Swype :wacko:

Or how i can change it ?

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

I am going to flash the Rom today but before that i have 2 questions:
What partition do we need - 150MB or bigger?
And are you going to include PIE as a Addon or not? :)

150MB will do.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1330150

https://play.google....o.touchhelperex

@ xander21

A full formats needed as it's much different to H3 Blues.

@ nimic

The default launcher settings within the apk aren't great, but the ROM applies some that I've come up with that fix that. Resetting the launcher will lose these settings and it'll seem slower again. There's no way around that, because if I edit the APK then it can't receive updates from the Play Store.

This is built off of Gingerbread so there is no project butter. With that in mind the ROM has been optimized for speed over smoothness. Like I said in my other thread, just download terminal emulator and run these 2 commands:

time head -c 10m /dev/random > /dev/null
time head -c 10m /dev/urandom > /dev/null

Then try running the same 2 commands on any other ROM. You'll find that this ROM blows them out of the water.

Also keep in mind that if the media scanner is running (its worse if you've got lots on your SD card) then things will lag a bit until it's complete.

Gallery ICS was something I was going to install at one point, but I didn't because it's got adverts for other apps within it, it's requesting way too many permissions, it's editor isn't that great and it hasn't got many options. QuickPic is fast and it has a great editor with plenty of settings and no adverts for other apps. That's why I had to include it.

Heres a ROW description:

ROW stands for "READ Over WRITE" which is the main requests dispatch policy of this algorithm. The ROW IO scheduler was developed with the mobile devices needs in mind. In mobile devices we favor user experience upon everything else, thus we want to give READ IO requests as much priority as possible. In mobile devices we won't have as much parallel threads as on desktops. Usually it's a single thread or at most 2 simultaneous working threads for read & write. Favoring READ requests over WRITEs decreases the READ latency greatly.

So as mobile devices need to read more than they write we favour the read requests. That can mean that apps launch faster, games are smoother and good stuff like that.

@ honigfisch

I could of sworn that German was included. You'd just hold down the language key and it'll pop up with a list. If you don't see it then of course I'll try to add it. I had to hack in the other languages too, so I know what I'm doing there :)

Edited by H3ROS, 28 October 2013 - 02:19 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

Ridik_nav

Ridik_nav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

bad bluetooth, or rather not accept files

Edited by Ridik_nav, 28 October 2013 - 03:08 PM.

honigfisch

honigfisch

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:@-

Thx for reply H3ROS but there isnt any option to choose german language for keyboard

The problem is : the key z and y are switched at the german keyboard which makes it hard to write with english keyboard if you are not used to it :)

Hope you can include it with a Addon if possible

best regards

by the way: the Rom is fantastic :D

EDIT:

@Ridik_nav

I think the Skate can not send files via bluetooth except videos and music

Edited by honigfisch, 28 October 2013 - 03:15 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

@ Ridik_nav

Bluetooths the same as stock, not modified at all. I can pair it with my TomTom and that works, and I can send files from the Skate to my PC.

@ honigfisch

The icon is the third on the bottom left. I've confirmed that German is missing though, so I'm currently working on adding that in.

Edited by H3ROS, 28 October 2013 - 03:22 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

Ridik_nav

Ridik_nav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

this is bad, go back to the H3Blues

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

this is bad, go back to the H3Blues

H3 Blues has more bugs and less performance. This is near flawless. In fact the only thing you say you have a problem with is bluetooth, yet that's working fine here. I will of course double check everything, but how does that make it "bad" when it's just 1 thing and this is the very first public release?

I think what people need to realise is that if you like speed then you'll like the ROM, but if you like smooth transitions then they're not really there because it's Gingerbread. And that's not to say that there won't be any smoothness to it, but that Jelly Bean will of course be smoother due to project butter. So if you're coming from a 4.x ROM then you'd lose the smoothness and that gets replaced with speed (things loading instantly) and stability as everything will work.

@ honigfisch

I've sent you a private message.

Edited by H3ROS, 28 October 2013 - 04:11 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Okay, so my laptop works with bluetooth but my PC is having problems. I think I can see the problem so I'll get that fixed and push an OTA update when it's ready.

EDIT: It's as I thought. It's looking for code from the old music apk, so I'll try to patch that. For the time being the solution is simple though. Don't use bluetooth.

The issue has occured because the change to Shuttle was very recent. In fact I'd only applied it 10 minutes before handing out the very first version to testers.

Edited by H3ROS, 28 October 2013 - 05:05 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

Ridik_nav

Ridik_nav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I'll wait for a stable version with all features working :-), please explain, you have two versions of the firmware, what's the difference between them

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

The regular version is for the ZTE Skate, OMC and similar devices. The SFR version has a different kernel and hardware key layout.

I've just confirmed that the bluetooth issue is caused by the music app being replaced. I don't really want to add that back, so I'm currently trying to find a way to work around the issue. I'm surprised none of the testers mentioned it before I released the ROM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

RogyHyde

RogyHyde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate/ZTE V9+/LG Nexus 4

I've just confirmed that the bluetooth issue is caused by the music app being replaced. I don't really want to add that back, so I'm currently trying to find a way to work around the issue. I'm surprised none of the testers mentioned it before I released the ROM.

I fact, I mentioned you I couldn't pair my N4 (stock rom)… and because it's my only Bluetooth-working device, I couldn't assure you it wasn't the hardware of my Skate.

xander21

xander21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

I have installed the rom. No problem about this.

I wanted to format my SD partition from parameters and it formatted it to "RAW" but this is unreadable on computer.
I formatted partition on computer using FAT32 but now phone said it's not formatted.
I think I have forget something, what the type of the partition I must have ? FAT16 ?

ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5 - H3 Holo

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Mines FAT32. It sounds like CWM might of corrupted your SD card unless it can partition itself correctly?

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

xander21

xander21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

I use CWM 6.0.2.7.

I have mount partition under CWM to format it.
I'm restarting phone.
We will see.

edit : It worked this way.

Edited by xander21, 28 October 2013 - 07:40 PM.

ousZTE

ousZTE

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Costum ROMs, ROM cotumisation

it's VERY VERY GOOD compared to H3 blues (i was on h3 blues befor the test version so i know what i'm saying) ,and how the hell i can use my BT to send files(rar zip jpg mp4 7z doc txt)  properly ? any way H3ER0 U ROCK MAN good job keep it on ;)

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

I use CWM 6.0.2.7.

I have mount partition under CWM to format it.
I'm restarting phone.
We will see.

I use an older version, so maybe that's why.

@ ousZTE

I'm working on a fix as we speak. So far it's coming along fine :)

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

xander21

xander21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Had a crash with the option "lyrics" on shuttle.

Still can't choose my MP3 as ringtone :(  but can for alarm with "Alarm Clock".  :wub:

Edited by xander21, 28 October 2013 - 07:49 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Had a crash with the option "lyrics" on shuttle.

That'd be a Shuttle bug. If you could logcat it then the dev might fix it.

To select an MP3 of a ringtone open Shuttle and then on the playlist hold your finger down on the song name. You should see the option there :)

Edited by H3ROS, 28 October 2013 - 08:03 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

ousZTE

ousZTE

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Costum ROMs, ROM cotumisation

do we have to upgrade from the beta version ?

xander21

xander21

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

That'd be a Shuttle bug. If you could logcat it then the dev might fix it.

I think it's inside these logs.

Attached Files

Edited by xander21, 28 October 2013 - 08:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users