1 reply to this topic

Nimajneb

Nimajneb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Hi everybody!

I'm running CM7 on my g300 and i love google keyboard. I tried to install the apk but there seems to occur a parsing problem. I also tried to install it from a flashable zip but it simply doesnt show up as an installed keyboard. Do you know of any way to get this keyboard running under CM7/GB?

PS: I used the files from this website:

http://donandroid.co...gingerbread-283

Cheers

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

Hi everybody!

I'm running CM7 on my g300 and i love google keyboard. I tried to install the apk but there seems to occur a parsing problem. I also tried to install it from a flashable zip but it simply doesnt show up as an installed keyboard. Do you know of any way to get this keyboard running under CM7/GB?

PS: I used the files from this website:

http://donandroid.co...gingerbread-283

Cheers

Its unlikely - Google keyboard will not work on GB. A parsing problem generally means the app is incompatible.

They do say:

We have NOT tested it personally and cannot guarantee if it works smoothly or not.

Give touchpal a go, but turn off touchpal wave in the settings, by pressing the finger in the top left of the keyboard, and unchecking TouchPal Wave. Then you can swipe away! :)

Edited by george109, 30 October 2013 - 06:58 PM.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users