G300 -> Y300

Guest thebuell

Guest thebuell

When my G300 died, I replaced it with a Y300. Now the great thing is that I have a nandroid backup with CM 4.3.1 on a SD card which was taken with CM recovery 6.0.4.4. What would I need to do to root it, restore my nandroid backup to it? I'm a bit confused by the need to unlock the bootloader... isn't it just a adb/fastboot thing? I am using Linux.

Thanks if you can clear up my confusion!

Do you mean G300's nandroid backup???

That won't work and may kill the phone. First unlock bootloader and flash TWRP OR CWM.

You will have to flash fresh CM10.2 by dazzozo for Y300 aka U8833.

G300 and Y300 is different. Sorry if i confused you more.

Hope it helped

Guest thebuell

Thanks. I have quite a lot of stuff on the nandroid backup - apps data, texts contacts etc. Would I be able to selectively restore some of that once I unlock the bootloader and install recovery and CM 10.2 (4.3.1) on the Y300?

Guest MadHatterRyu

yes you can.. no problem o_o
I mean, I've used Titanium Backup between multiple devices and it worked just fine, dont see why this wont.. make sure you ONLY BACKUP APPS, TEXTS AND CONTACTS AND NOTHING ELSE!! NO SYSTEM STUFF..
ofcourse : ) I know you're bright enough considering you're a Linux user too.. just saying though

Guest thebuell

Damn.

I have had my request for a bootloader unlock rejected three times so far by Huawei. I have double and tripled checked the IMEI, Serial Number and the code and all seems present and correct yet Huawei says its not in their database or correct either.

Any other ideas to get the bootloader unlocked???

Thanks

Alex