• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

PumaPerez

PumaPerez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III, LG Optimus One

you know guys you can buy fast device as motoG for 135EUR now?

Something Wierd

Something Wierd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
I believe that most of us got this phone for free on the lowest contract,at least I did,but yea ,your right about that.

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

you know guys you can buy fast device as motoG for 135EUR now?

http://m.gsmarena.co...d_p880-4563.php

A better choice for about the same price.

PumaPerez

PumaPerez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III, LG Optimus One

but no kitkat, that was my point :) besides that i have optimus one and only thing that i can say is: never again phone from wash machine maker ;)

hyperfang8

hyperfang8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

git repository at least ,maybe?

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

but no kitkat, that was my point :) besides that i have optimus one and only thing that i can say is: never again phone from wash machine maker ;)

I've got the 4x and i'm running kitkat, it will eventually be released for the MotoG too but it's not released yet.

Now, the MASSIVE downside to the MotoG is that it has no sdcard slot. For me that is a dealbreaker.

With the 4x i have 16GB on the phone and 64GB on the sdcard, max on the MotoG is 16GB internal but then it's not as cheap.

przemvelbenny

przemvelbenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Please, KonstaT! Have mercy... ;(

ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.4 + CyanogenMod 10/11

huibuhh

huibuhh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

Please, KonstaT! Have mercy... ;(

Please, przemvelbenny! Have patience... ;(

(apart from that i promise you that your life won't be any different with KitKat than it is right now. So worry about more important things)

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Please, przemvelbenny! Have patience... ;(

(apart from that i promise you that your life won't be any different with KitKat than it is right now. So worry about more important things)

If anyone wants to compile it KonstaT has working sources for it, you'll just have to change the legacymod local script to include framework/av, display-legacy and media-legacy and change the cm-10.2 to cm-11.0, download the device and vendor for cm-11.0 available at his github and compile it.

I used legacymod to build it for the OT-995 and it works just fine.

Since i have all of the sources downloaded except kernel - device tree - vendor i will do it if there is enough people wanting it, i can't even test it myself though since i don't own the phone anymore (killed a broken phone and gave the other to my granddaughter).

przemvelbenny

przemvelbenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Thanks for info :) Sorry for my ridicoulus post, but i'm pretty impatient person. And when it comes to Android on my phone, I'm very impatient ;) Somene wrote that KitKat is optimized for low memory devices. I't made me very curious.

ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.4 + CyanogenMod 10/11

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Have just finished syncing sources with PAC-man 4.4, bit late now and crappy laptop will take 3 hours to compile, but barring build errors should have a very alpha 4.4 build tomorrow. Obviously if it did build and boot any credit would be KonstaT as he did all the hard work

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Thanks for info :) Sorry for my ridicoulus post, but i'm pretty impatient person. And when it comes to Android on my phone, I'm very impatient ;) Somene wrote that KitKat is optimized for low memory devices. I't made me very curious.

Well, it's a LOT faster than Mokee which is faster than CM on the OT-995 which also has 512 MB's, it's not just the memory, it is... crisper if that makes sense, everything just happens a LOT faster.

I'll make a CM-11.0 within the next few days, i have some stuff to deal with but i'll do it once i get that done.

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Have just finished syncing sources with PAC-man 4.4, bit late now and crappy laptop will take 3 hours to compile, but barring build errors should have a very alpha 4.4 build tomorrow. Obviously if it did build and boot any credit would be KonstaT as he did all the hard work

Should work fine considering that the framework is taken from CM, which version of the kernel did you use?

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Should work fine considering that the framework is taken from CM, which version of the kernel did you use?

Should work fine considering that the framework is takuen from CM, which version of the kernel did you use?

I used kernel branch cm-10.2

djolecs

djolecs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Looking forward to test it :)

Mark G.

Mark G.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:@drax2gma

Hey, I can support you with some compiling resources "in the cloud" if you prefer, for ex. 4 hw cores, 4-6 GB ram, and shitty download bandwidth  :D

Just let me know what environment (OS) you want and I make a vm for you under vmware.

Even I can donate you with a small amount of money (for a pizza :) if you seems to be the successor of KonstaT...

Frix93

Frix93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Blade III

when you will be able to test?

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Hey, I can support you with some compiling resources "in the cloud" if you prefer, for ex. 4 hw cores, 4-6 GB ram, and shitty download bandwidth :D
Just let me know what environment (OS) you want and I make a vm for you under vmware.

Even I can donate you with a small amount of money (for a pizza :) if you seems to be the successor of KonstaT...

Thanks for the offer appreciate it. Running into build errors at moment, also the PAC-man 4.4 is only for private builds until they get it ready. Will try CM over next couple of days if I get it sorted will arrange the VM stuff it should held with compile time :)

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Thanks for the offer appreciate it. Running into build errors at moment, also the PAC-man 4.4 is only for private builds until they get it ready. Will try CM over next couple of days if I get it sorted will arrange the VM stuff it should held with compile time :)

Dam tapatalk won't let me edit, but forgot to mention, I am no dev and all the device configs for blade 3 have been done by KonstaT alone and all the credit is for him breathing life into our lovely cheap Chinese phone.

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Hey, I can support you with some compiling resources "in the cloud" if you prefer, for ex. 4 hw cores, 4-6 GB ram, and shitty download bandwidth  :D

The recommended environment is Ubuntu 12.04 with Oracle JDK 1.6 or 1.7 though i've built it using 13.10 with OpenJDK 7 and that works just fine. OpenJDK is a bit faster but we're talking minutes, not hours.

Since these are test builds that will be rebuilt a lot be sure to set the ccache, it cuts the build time in half for me (though your mileage may vary on this).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users