66 replies to this topic

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

Thanks for the offer appreciate it. Running into build errors at moment, also the PAC-man 4.4 is only for private builds until they get it ready. Will try CM over next couple of days if I get it sorted will arrange the VM stuff it should held with compile time :)

What build errors? Are  you using display-legacy, media-legacy and frameworks/av from legacymod? Your .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml should look like this:

<manifest>
<!-- PacMan replacements -->
<remove-project name="android_frameworks_av"/>
<project path="frameworks/av" name="legaCyMod/android_frameworks_av" revision="cm-11.0"/>

<!-- Local projects -->
<project path="hardware/qcom/display-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy" revision="cm-11.0"/>
<project path="hardware/qcom/media-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy" revision="cm-11.0"/>
</manifest>

and your .repo/local_manifests/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <!-- ZTE Blade III -->
    <project path="device/zte/atlas40" name="KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="kernel/zte/msm7x27a" name="KonstaT/android_kernel_zte_msm7x27a" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="vendor/zte" name="KonstaT/proprietary_vendor_zte" revision="cm-11.0" />

<!-- FM Radio -->
    <project path="hardware/qcom/fm" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="packages/apps/FM2" name="legaCyMod/android_packages_apps_FM2" revision="cm-11.0" />
</manifest>

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III

What build errors? Are  you using display-legacy, media-legacy and frameworks/av from legacymod? Your .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml should look like this:

<manifest>
<!-- PacMan replacements -->
<remove-project name="android_frameworks_av"/>
<project path="frameworks/av" name="legaCyMod/android_frameworks_av" revision="cm-11.0"/>

<!-- Local projects -->
<project path="hardware/qcom/display-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy" revision="cm-11.0"/>
<project path="hardware/qcom/media-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy" revision="cm-11.0"/>
</manifest>

and your .repo/local_manifests/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <!-- ZTE Blade III -->
    <project path="device/zte/atlas40" name="KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="kernel/zte/msm7x27a" name="KonstaT/android_kernel_zte_msm7x27a" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="vendor/zte" name="KonstaT/proprietary_vendor_zte" revision="cm-11.0" />

<!-- FM Radio -->
    <project path="hardware/qcom/fm" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" revision="cm-11.0" />
    <project path="packages/apps/FM2" name="legaCyMod/android_packages_apps_FM2" revision="cm-11.0" />
</manifest>

Thanks for the response, I checked KonstaT's github and there is no branch cm-11.0 for the kernel which is why I used cm-10.2 and yes I did use the legaCyMod for media and display. I was going to re try this evening but since it is only for private builds at the moment  decided to have go at CM11.  just syncing the source as I type.  The reason compiles take so long is I only have a dual core lap top, I do use CC Cache but dont have a SSD or anything fancy like that just the internal hard drive of laptop.  I use Lubuntu 13:10 and java 1.7

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Thanks for the response, I checked KonstaT's github and there is no branch cm-11.0 for the kernel which is why I used cm-10.2 and yes I did use the legaCyMod for media and display. I was going to re try this evening but since it is only for private builds at the moment  decided to have go at CM11.  just syncing the source as I type.  The reason compiles take so long is I only have a dual core lap top, I do use CC Cache but dont have a SSD or anything fancy like that just the internal hard drive of laptop.  I use Lubuntu 13:10 and java 1.7

There is a branch for cm-11.0 for the kernel too.

https://github.com/K...7a/tree/cm-11.0

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

There is a branch for cm-11.0 for the kernel too.

https://github.com/K...7a/tree/cm-11.0

Damn it, Need to look more carefully, when I was checking on his Github was looking at the wrong one.  Right try again :wub:

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Damn it, Need to look more carefully, when I was checking on his Github was looking at the wrong one. Right try again :D

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Damn it, Need to look more carefully, when I was checking on his Github was looking at the wrong one.  Right try again :wub:

If you just use the local manuscripts i just posted before you repo sync it will pull all the things you need to build it and everything will be the correct version.

Oh and for CM-11.0 you'll need to change <remove-project name="android_frameworks_av"/> into <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av"/> other than that it should be the same for CM as it is for Pac-Man.

huibuhh

huibuhh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

Tried to set up the build environment but my hard disk only got 19GB of free space spread on four partitions. Therefore intended to get an old external HD back to work but after 10 hours of fixing bad sectors the Western Digital Diagnostics Tool indicated it would take another 1000 hours so i aborted it thus not even meeting the free hard disk space requirements to compile the rom on my own :/ 

Is anyone of you guys willing to give it a shot not only for the Blade III but for the Blade as well? You know that the Blade has always had a huge community and many people would be very thankful.

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

If you just use the local manuscripts i just posted before you repo sync it will pull all the things you need to build it and everything will be the correct version.

Oh and for CM-11.0 you'll need to change <remove-project name="android_frameworks_av"/> into <remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av"/> other than that it should be the same for CM as it is for Pac-Man.

Got my manifests sorted. when I tried to build for CM-11 get the following build error http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=GN1CyQ75 something to do with libaudio but not sure what yet

SnapIT - Any ideas?

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Got my manifests sorted. when I tried to build for CM-11 get the following build error http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=GN1CyQ75 something to do with libaudio but not sure what yet

SnapIT - Any ideas?

Commend out this line (on line 31): LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DQCOM_VOIP_ENABLED in Android.mk in the libaudio directory of the device tree.

That'll fix it.

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Commend out this line (on line 31): LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DQCOM_VOIP_ENABLED in Android.mk in the libaudio directory of the device tree.

That'll fix it.

Sweet, thanks will give that a go tomorrow, appreciate the help.

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Sweet, thanks will give that a go tomorrow, appreciate the help.

No worries. I recognized the error from a bad flag in the dev tree of the Alcatel OT-995 when i was making it, works in 4.3 but not in 4.4.

k2wl

k2wl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:i9082,i8552

any body get it to compile and boot???

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

That'll fix it.

Still getting the same error, after commenting out that line... back to the drawing board

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Still getting the same error, after commenting out that line... back to the drawing board

That is impossible.

Commenting out that will remove the offending code completely, there is no way in HELL you can get the same error after doing so.

It is literally impossible since it cancels out those sections of code that errored out in your first error.

Did you use my local manifest script to do this? Because if you didn't and you added it manually and then repo synced that will not work, you need to use the actual manifest for it to work.

I'll compile it myself after i'm done with a new version for the 4x.

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

That is impossible.

Commenting out that will remove the offending code completely, there is no way in HELL you can get the same error after doing so.

It is literally impossible since it cancels out those sections of code that errored out in your first error.

Did you use my local manifest script to do this? Because if you didn't and you added it manually and then repo synced that will not work, you need to use the actual manifest for it to work.

I'll compile it myself after i'm done with a new version for the 4x.

I used the local manifests as you described, just to confirm am a bit of a noob but commenting out the line just involves putting a # at the beginning of the line?

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

I used the local manifests as you described, just to confirm am a bit of a noob but commenting out the line just involves putting a # at the beginning of the line?

Indeed it does, i assume you ran mka clobber before brunchin again? You can't get the same error message because that bit of code isn't implemented if you comment that flag out, it's literally impossible to get the same error message then.

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Indeed it does, i assume you ran mka clobber before brunchin again? You can't get the same error message because that bit of code isn't implemented if you comment that flag out, it's literally impossible to get the same error message then.

I have managed the impossible, this is still the error message I am receiving http://pastebin.com/N7HtMBPz  I have commented out the line and all my local manifests are sorted, I issued make clobber before latest attempt at compiling. I am really at a loss.

Edit - after much searching this possibly could be the issue https://github.com/o...5841f387da126e5 similar build error to what I am having, re compiling now, fingers crossed

Edit 2 good news build has gone past the error and seems to be compiling nicely, maybe some good news later on this evening  :D

Edited by robt77, 17 December 2013 - 08:10 PM.

jbrolin

jbrolin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Zte blade 3

robt77, great that you have a go for it! I will definitily test it!

danijelpp

danijelpp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

when can we download kitkat for blade III

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

when can we download kitkat for blade III

The build has nearly finished barring any last minute hiccups or bootloops, later on this evening... though it will be very Alpha and in no way ready to use as a daily driver I suspect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users