Photo

Latest hudl update patch (OTA) + modded version (NEW! no assert checks)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (San Fran)

Hi @GlossyWhite,

Please see my post above...

Can I install this via CWM recovery, and not lose any current data on the Tablet? Do I choose Sideload or Zip from SD Card....

Many thanks, Lister

jonoathome

jonoathome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Hudl, Nexus 7, i9305, TF300T
  • Twitter:@jonoathome

Hi @GlossyWhite,

Please see my post above...

Can I install this via CWM recovery, and not lose any current data on the Tablet? Do I choose Sideload or Zip from SD Card....

Many thanks, Lister

either will work..  External sd card only though...  I even kept my patched systemui...  no Tesco nonsense... yay!!

Strangely I lost root... but regained it by re-flashing the supersu via recovery...  

www.sixcrazyminutes.com

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Hi All,

Well I eventually updated the Hudl to v1.3, but boy what a mission... :(

I'm not sure if I was having a funny 5 minutes, or whether the links in the original post goto TWO different locations. When I first downloaded the file, the post said to check inside for another Zip.... Which there wasn't, so I went to flash it anyway. Needless to say, it failed with various errors. Namely Signature, and some Error Line 7.

Anyway, I checked again, clicked a link... and it appeared to download a differently named file. Went to flash it, and this time it worked... success!!! (or, so I thought.... :(  )

This is were my WORLD OF PAIN started.... :(  And I did agree to keep root after flashing.

Upon reboot, then popped up the constant "unfortunately process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" and will not disappear. No matter how many times you click OK/Cancel, or try to get to any part of the system, it will pop up and take focus of the screen at all times.

I followed all the guides on the internet, some with up to 6x different solutions, such as Clear Davlik Cache, Clear PlayStore and PlayServices Cache, Enable Download Manager if its already Disabled, and various other bits and bobs... Sadly none worked... :(

No matter what I did, the above pop ups kept coming back time and time again.... :(

However, I finally found the solution using a naughty slightly iffy tool ;) That is often used bypass payment of paid Android Apps. It has a feature to clear system files, and ODEX files and various other bits and bobs. Finally after giving that a bash and rebooting, thankfully back all back to normal.

I tell ye, it certainly was a brown trouser moment, thought I had killed mums Tablet and that I would have to reset it, and set it all up again....  thankfully not!

So thank you for the update, pleased to say fully updated now (not sure what it Adds, Tesco's still not got back to me... not that I expect that they would), thanks for making the update itself easy with the checking disabled. Not sure what went wrong after the update though... but Tablet gets to live another day! :)

Cheers, Lister

Grumpydev

Grumpydev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, Tesco Hudl

I've installed CMW, then installed this using it and it all appears to be fine, but if I go into Hudl updates it still says there's a new version (1.3) available - is that normal or should it think I'm up to date now?

CashMoney

CashMoney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Tesco Hudl, Moto G

I've installed CMW, then installed this using it and it all appears to be fine, but if I go into Hudl updates it still says there's a new version (1.3) available - is that normal or should it think I'm up to date now?

Use a root explorer and search the root of the internal card. Delete the update.sh script. That should stop the prompts.

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Hi GrumpyDev,

I checked for updates before flashing this, and it said 1.3 was available. After I flashed it, and entered a world of pain (might just be my setup, but was presenting with a fluffy or two, of constant FC's).

Once I cleared those with one of my iffy ;) tools, as every other official solution out there in Google's-ville world failed to fix my Tablet. Once all the messages had gone, and it booted normally. I did a check, and all was updated... (checked the build numbers) and that was it... :)

Cheers, Lister

paultr2

paultr2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:hudl
Ignorant newbie posting (you must just hate them ;)).
I cannot understand most of this thread but want at some point to root my Hudl and get rid of the annoying [T]. I think I will be able to follow the instructions linked on this forum. I notice that to root it you must have build 20130923.020558 which I have as I have not updated yet. I do want the improved WiFi that the latest update offers but if I update does that mean I cannot then root the tablet ?

Grumpydev

Grumpydev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Use a root explorer and search the root of the internal card. Delete the update.sh script. That should stop the prompts.

Can't see an update.sh in the root of the filesystem, or do you mean somewhere else?

Grumpydev

Grumpydev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Looks like the update has fixed the issue with wifi not re-enabling after sleep anyway :)

CashMoney

CashMoney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Tesco Hudl, Moto G

Can't see an update.sh in the root of the filesystem, or do you mean somewhere else?

Sorry Grumpydev, I read that from an earlier post. If it's not there, guess that's not the issue. Maybe you could try "installing" the update and letting it of course fail?

If it's any consolation, I've finally found time to get cwm on my hudl, and I STILL can't update, not with the original file (naturally), my own edited file or either of the two available in this thread. Just an error, but no indication of what the error is, just says error, aborted after the verification part.

That said, I've no options in CWM to backup my current install, is that not available for everyone or just me, indicating that perhaps I have a b0rked CWM install? Only options I have are to install zips and reboot.

Edit - Yep, redownloaded the CWM recovery, and reflashed it, all working fine now. Now I have to put back everything I removed to try and get this working ....

Edited by CashMoney, 11 November 2013 - 12:34 PM.

Jazman

Jazman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Slll, Hudl
  • Twitter:@Paulinafrica

Hello

I have only just got around to updating the Hudl to 1.3, which I am unable to do at present due to the assert checks on an already rooted Hudl.

I have downloaded the assert skipping update zip provided by @glossywhite (As an aside I cannot find another zip inside the download?)

What I need help with is the adb commands to install the update zip in the correct location on the Hudl and then execute the update.

It sounds simplistic but it is so infrequent that I interact through adb that I have forgotten more that I know!

I realise that I need to be in shell running 'su' to copy this across, but some help with commands will help ;)

C:\Android-adb>adb push update.zip /cache
failed to copy 'update.zip' to '/cache/update.zip': Permission denied
C:\Android-adb>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
su
root@android:/ # adb push update.zip /cache
adb push update.zip /cache
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5038 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

Any help will be appreciated

Paul

knight451

knight451

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Hudl HT7S3

Does anybody know how to get hudl into flashing mode because my sisters hudl has an android system error. By the way I'm on windows 8.1 and when I try the flashing mode key combination Windows either shows "USB Device Not Recognised" or it infinitely makes the device connected sound.

Any help will be much appreciated with this problem cause I have no more ideas.

I've also tried the update.zip file found on this forum but it fails the assert check

Edited by knight451, 08 September 2014 - 05:20 PM.

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Does anybody know how to get hudl into flashing mode because my sisters hudl has an android system error. By the way I'm on windows 8.1 and when I try the flashing mode key combination Windows either shows "USB Device Not Recognised" or it infinitely makes the device connected sound.

Any help will be much appreciated with this problem cause I have no more ideas.

I've also tried the update.zip file found on this forum but it fails the assert check

How are you trying the key combination currently?

Is the hudl currently rooted?

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Hello

I have only just got around to updating the Hudl to 1.3, which I am unable to do at present due to the assert checks on an already rooted Hudl.

I have downloaded the assert skipping update zip provided by @glossywhite (As an aside I cannot find another zip inside the download?)

What I need help with is the adb commands to install the update zip in the correct location on the Hudl and then execute the update.

It sounds simplistic but it is so infrequent that I interact through adb that I have forgotten more that I know!

I realise that I need to be in shell running 'su' to copy this across, but some help with commands will help ;)

C:\Android-adb>adb push update.zip /cache
failed to copy 'update.zip' to '/cache/update.zip': Permission denied
C:\Android-adb>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
su
root@android:/ # adb push update.zip /cache
adb push update.zip /cache
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5038 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

Any help will be appreciated

Paul

massively late response, but does 'adb devices' show the hudl connected?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users