TescoHudl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Android Modding, Cars, Computers, Gaming, Photography
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G and Tesco Hudl
Yay, i found out what the problem was! :D 

Like i have said before, every time i entered the commands shown in the original post, i recieved a message telling me that there was no such file and that it was an invalid command. According to the original post, i was supposed to enter the lines below one at a time into the terminal. 

./rkflashtool r 0x00010000 0x00010000 > recovery.original.img
./rkflashtool w 0x00010000 0x00010000 < recovery.img
./rkflashtool b

It says to extract the CWM recovery image into the same folder as Paul's stock ROM and use the RKTools file inside here to flash the recovery to the Hudl. However my file was called 'rkflashtool-linux' and not 'rkflashtool' as the commands above say, hence why it couldn't find the file. As soon as i had removed the '-linux' bit from RKTools file name, the commands below worked!

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Yay, i found out what the problem was! :D 

Like i have said before, every time i entered the commands shown in the original post, i recieved a message telling me that there was no such file and that it was an invalid command. According to the original post, i was supposed to enter the lines below one at a time into the terminal. 

./rkflashtool r 0x00010000 0x00010000 > recovery.original.img
./rkflashtool w 0x00010000 0x00010000 < recovery.img
./rkflashtool b

It says to extract the CWM recovery image into the same folder as Paul's stock ROM and use the RKTools file inside here to flash the recovery to the Hudl. However my file was called 'rkflashtool-linux' and not 'rkflashtool' as the commands above say, hence why it couldn't find the file. As soon as i had removed the '-linux' bit from RKTools file name, the commands below worked!

glad to hear you sorted it!

CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Devices:Hudl, HTC One S
So as seems the norm here now, the problem was found located between the hudl screen and the back of your chair.

People just need to chill out and think about what they are trying to do and apply some commonsense.

It's a shame as we could have some really technical mods discussed here but they'd get drowned out by "I can't / won't think or learn posts".

Best not start a how to build your custom ROM thread then doh!

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

So as seems the norm here now, the problem was found located between the hudl screen and the back of your chair.

People just need to chill out and think about what they are trying to do and apply some commonsense.

It's a shame as we could have some really technical mods discussed here but they'd get drowned out by "I can't / won't think or learn posts".

Best not start a how to build your custom ROM thread then doh!

whilst I agree that many of the questions could be answered by trawling through some of the past threads I'm not convinced any of this falls under the remit of common sense! Everyone has to start somewhere, and that of course will produce questions that seem simple to more experienced people, but you're under no obligation to respond to anything.

CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Devices:Hudl, HTC One S
Yes I do agree. Maybe I should concentrate more on the German technical forum instead.

TescoHudl

TescoHudl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Android Modding, Cars, Computers, Gaming, Photography
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G and Tesco Hudl

Yes, i do think that's a bit unfair CaptainMidnight. As Flurry has quite rightly said, some people on here have more experience than others and so they will find things such as this a lot easier to do! Also, i don't think it was really my fault anyway because i just trusted the instructions Glossywhite had posted to be the correct procedure and i didn't think for a second that my filename would be different to the one written in the script.

I am quite new to Linux and so i do struggle to understand the more complex aspects of it at times. Normally i will just Google any problems i have and find the answer; but if i am unable to find the solution after many hours of searching, or if i do not understand the solution to my problem then i will ask on the Internet as a last resort.  :) 

Edited by TescoHudl, 11 July 2014 - 01:55 PM.

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Yes, i do think that's a bit unfair CaptainMidnight. As Flurry has quite rightly said, some people on here have more experience than others and so they will find things such as this a lot easier to do! Also, i don't think it was really my fault anyway because i just trusted the instructions Glossywhite had posted to be the correct procedure and i didn't think for a second that my filename would be different to the one written in the script.

I am quite new to Linux and so i do struggle to understand the more complex aspects of it at times. Normally i will just Google any problems i have and find the answer; but if i am unable to find the solution after many hours of searching, or if i do not understand the solution to my problem then i will ask on the Internet as a last resort.  :) 

For what it's worth, I think the rkflashtool file name difference comes from whether the version is 64bit or 32bit - they have different names. Glossywhite's instructions (from memory) were correct for 64bit, but as you found you need to modify the command for the 32bit variant of the script.

Being able to google the problem also requires some knowledge of what your problem is and what terms to search for - something that isn't always known to users who are out of their comfort zone and merely following an guide posted online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users