Teach me how

Guest mytonpadi

Guest mytonpadi

Can anyone teach me how to tweak my android? I have already rooted my device using kingo. I want to flash it using CWM and TWRP but Y300 is not listed there. What do I do? I appreciate the help.

Guest ragan_y

That rooting method is not recommended....you can't flash TWRP orCWM with that.

First unlock bootloader

And go here and findout how to flash TWRP

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362074-recoveryall-official-twrp-2631-root-21102013/

Happy flashing

Why you say so stupid things. By who this method is not recommended? It's good method to get root. And also using this method you can't flash rom. Thats all. You should prepare peoples that unlocking boot loader void warranty. It's very important if you give advice to newbie. They don't know consequence of unlocking boot loader.

I apologise if I'm wrong. But unlocking boot loader doesn't void warranty,I've asked huawei about it.

They are those who tell me that won't void warranty.

Without unlocking bootloader, you can't flash CWM or TWRP. It's your choice.

I am afraid you shouldn't be so harsh on others.

Guest Hassams

Why you say so stupid things. By who this method is not recommended? It's good method to get root. And also using this method you can't flash rom. Thats all. You should prepare peoples that unlocking boot loader void warranty. It's very important if you give advice to newbie. They don't know consequence of unlocking boot loader.

Don't get rude, it a community where everyone has there right to speak if your don't like it then there is a proper way to answer that. its not your living room

Guest ragan_y

I'm not rude. All I want to don't mess root privileges with ROM flashing. Unlock boot loader can void warranty. And also telling completely newbie to flash twrp (without give him some basic knowledge) it's like giving kid lighter. Also I don't understand why you told him that safe root method is bad.

Guest icomeinpeace

I'm not rude. All I want to don't mess root privileges with ROM flashing. Unlock boot loader can void warranty. And also telling completely newbie to flash twrp (without give him some basic knowledge) it's like giving kid lighter. Also I don't understand why you told him that safe root method is bad.

You also have a bootloader locking operation available, also from Huawei...so I guess it is not a problem, you can restore to stock anytime and lock your bootloader and you're as good as new. Am I wrong?

Edited by icomeinpeace

Guest mockingbird

From what I understood from the forum is that rooting with that method can brick your device . The easiest and SAFEST way is to unlock the bootloader and flash TWRP/CWM through fastboot.

Guest ZolaIII

It's not recommended by my!

Don't be naive, you can't flash any thing with locked boot loader! So you already did unlocked it temporarily!

Various users managed to brick the phone or to end up with serious problems bat with there on fault! That method is actually based upon flashing the Chinese boot image from Y300-0010 that comes with unlocked boot loader & then flashing recovery, su & such & finally flashing back original boot.img. The thing is it's easier to flash recovery backup or a costume ROM from recovery if something go wrong then to have to search for original firmware.

You can always re lock your boot loader from adb shell same way you unlocked it. You can use the DC-unlocker to generate boot loaded code so Huawei can't even know that you have ever unlocked it in a first place! Bat you will need original firmware to flash it afterwards (to remove all add-ons) you relock it!

Guest ZolaIII

Well giving up the root access without unlocked boot loader is like giving a kid a lighter & asbestos suit so that it can burn house down without getting burned himself.

So some kid's ended up deleting crucial system apps & some others didn't flash back original boot image...

Guest mytonpadi

Consider it done. Now the big question is, since I already rooted my phone with Kingo, should I follow thos steps immediately or do I have to unroot my phone with kingo first?

Guest ZolaIII

Consider it done. Now the big question is, since I already rooted my phone with Kingo, should I follow thos steps immediately or do I have to unroot my phone with kingo first?

Just follow the tutorial & use the last resources (recovery version image) from appropriate trades hire at Modaco. Use the DC-unlocker to generate boot loader code (& or to unlock it) watch the video or find instructions hire on how to do it.

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads