android 4.4 for zte skate?

Guest bondy.android007

Guest bondy.android007

hi, i was wondering if it is possible to port 4.4 to our skate? or do we need to wait for another CM release like with 4.3? i hope its compatible with ARMv6, but lets be honest, it probably wont be  :( anyways, let me know  :)

Stock 4.4 does not support armv6, neither did any android version since 4.0 but eventually it probably will trought the androidarmv6 project, omnirom or something else, so just be patient.
Also armv6 is not the only thing not supported by AOSP, but everything that is missing will eventually be added like I'm ICS an JB.
So just be patient

Edited by gbosh

Guest ct97524

Stock 4.4 does not support armv6, neither did any android version since 4.0 but eventually it probably will trought the amdrlidarmv6 project, omnirom or something else, so just be patient.

Also armv6 is not the only thing not supported by AOSP, but everything that is missing will eventually be added like I'm ICS an JB.

So just be patient

Sorry but you are totally wrong about this. Google promised to make the android kitkat 4.4 armv6 compatible and 512mb ram compatible as well.

as they said "all the way back to froyo phones". Also the ENTRY LEVEL PHONES are getting special attention!

Sorry but you are totally wrong about this. Google promised to make the android kitkat 4.4 armv6 compatible and 512mb ram compatible as well.

as they said "all the way back to froyo phones". Also the ENTRY LEVEL PHONES are getting special attention!

No, I am right and so are you, they did in fact say that 512mb ram and entry level devices are supported but that doesn't mean it supports our device or any armv6 device, it just means that android can now run well on a wider range of devices.

But the optimizations should allow it to run better than jellybean, but first it will have to be adapted to armv6 and some other legacy parts of our devices, just like any other android version since 4.0

Edited by gbosh

Guest bondy.android007

just to clarify, can we get 4.4 on skate or not? apparently CM are working on 11 based on 4.4 so we should be able to port cm and it should work fairly well? someone get on it please? :)

People should be aware of a fact, that there's a bunch of proprietary binaries (libraries) for which there's no source code available thus can't be adjusted for compatibility with android beyond gingerbread.

Guest WiiSky70

People should be aware of a fact, that there's a bunch of proprietary binaries (libraries) for which there's no source code available thus can't be adjusted for compatibility with android beyond gingerbread.

Well what binaries for example ? OMX Video decoders incompatibilities , Broken Bluetooth Functionality ? 

Camera, hwcomposer and more. These things are currently terribly hacked.

I just wanted to point out that Googles statements about kk being available for weaker devices is pointless here, unless there's a necessary support from manufacturer to provide kernel + other necessary hw specific libs.

Guest WiiSky70

Camera, hwcomposer and more. These things are currently terribly hacked.

I just wanted to point out that Googles statements about kk being available for weaker devices is pointless here, unless there's a necessary support from manufacturer to provide kernel + other necessary hw specific libs.

I still don't know what the new source code for BASE Lutea that KonsTAT posted here provides .

Guest ct97524

No, I am right and so are you, they did in fact say that 512mb ram and entry level devices are supported but that doesn't mean it supports our device or any armv6 device, it just means that android can now run well on a wider range of devices.

But the optimizations should allow it to run better than jellybean, but first it will have to be adapted to armv6 and some other legacy parts of our devices, just like any other android version since 4.0

we should write to zte for the source code. But here is the thing the zte blade and the zte racer will be on 4.4 next year we just need time really

Guest ct97524

also part of the infrastructure of KitKat has been replaced with a more efficient element. it has something to do with the way it handles the ram and cpu power 

Guest ct97524

cant we just get all that stuff from slimbean or cm? like we have with 4.2.2? :)

no because everything in the 4.0+ ROMs is terribly terribly hacked and potentially unreliable!

Guest bondy.android007

no because everything in the 4.0+ ROMs is terribly terribly hacked and potentially unreliable!

so is there no chance of 4.4? the infrastructure cant be that different :/ 

This will never happen. Since there is no such source code for armv6 devices. Simply because they were never meant to run android beyond gingerbread. They are definitely not going back to rewrite armv6 specific components just because Google announced kitkat runs on 512mb devices. It's not a charity what manufacturers are doing. They need to sell new devices.

Edited by C3C0

Guest bondy.android007

This will never happen. Since there is no such source code for armv6 devices. Simply because they were never meant to run android beyond gingerbread. They are definitely not going back to rewrite armv6 specific components just because Google announced kitkat runs on 512mb devices. It's not a charity what manufacturers are doing. They need to sell new devices.

good point, well made 

• 2 months later...
Guest SingleWolf

I think devs may ask for some help from there..

Or zeelog can help with jenkins auto-builds: over 3 last months jenkins fails due missing makefile:

Can not locate config makefile for product "cm_skate". Stop.

Soon I share my version. For some time now been running for about 3 weeks for me, but had to be modified to be stable because there were problems with the sdcard due to new method and i need it recognize. ( media provider always crash, but now its ok )

Its smooth on the skate, I will share my updates with tilal or androidmeda that they can be update skate source on the androidarmv6 repo that we got autobuild from jenkins. Or i can push it to gerrit and they can applied the updates after some test on this forum. should be everythings need updates e.g kernel, device config, common config

fits on 230 mb system partition with gapps but can be reduced for smaller.

The next few days, I will upload it with source of course! ;)

post-930871-0-28538000-1389549234_thumb.

post-930871-0-23101800-1389549240_thumb.

post-930871-0-44525700-1389549247_thumb.

post-930871-0-77429000-1389549255_thumb.

Edited by fagyi