How about an all in one Rom?

Guest greyrider

Guest greyrider

The work being reported in the various, and scattered, threads here is awe inspiring, but has now become a little fragmented and confusing for an Android beginner, just starting to get me toes wet an all that.

How about puttting together a rooted Rom which includes the update, CWM and which removes the Tesco "T"?  Go on, you know you want to :D 

(Swapping emulated SD to external would be nice too.....)

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

Sorry, I mis-understood the title of this post entirely... :(

As for when you said an All-In-One (AIO), I thought you meant as in those phone/tablet Roms you see in other forums, such as XDA... Where they include snippet Apps from various Rom Makers, such as CM, PA, AOKP, all bundled into one... Otherwise known as Pac-Man roms... :)

Those roms are pretty neat, have them installed on all my other Android Devices, as you can turn bits on/off as of when you need it... :)

Would love to see the Hudl get some PAC love one day, even if its just partial... At mo, I am getting most from PAC via Xposed, so its no biggie...

Cheers, Lister

The only way I think this is possible is if someone installs the update, then dumps their system partition (should be possible via rkflashtool) post-update. They will then have an updated system.img. Assuming they've already got root and any other mods deemed useful for a custom ROM, they could then package this up into a ROM IMG and distribute.

[As I have said before, I'm not fond of stock-based custom ROMs, I find anything short of source-built custom ROMs pointless. However, some people obviously do see merit in them, hence I am posting this information to assist someone if they wish to do it]