Photo

Ascend Y300 B182 Root, TWRP, Custom ROM advice?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

tooplanx

tooplanx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend y300

only bug so far is HW acceleration (you get green bar in videos and in YouTube only on HQ)

Ah, might skip that then. I know it might seem picky, but I don't want any issues at all! Just want a ROM I can flash once and then not have to worry about. Backing up and reflashing is too time consuming to want to do it very often!

Is CM 10.1 more bug free?

Any other recommendations?

Cheers

danny19901

danny19901

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Modding, coding, hacking anything to do with computers or phones also jailbreaking love music like walking etc...
  • Devices:LG optimus 4X HD P880
  • Twitter:@danny19901

Ah, might skip that then. I know it might seem picky, but I don't want any issues at all! Just want a ROM I can flash once and then not have to worry about. Backing up and reflashing is too time consuming to want to do it very often!

Is CM 10.1 more bug free?

Any other recommendations?

Cheers

Its only 1 bug also when updates out just download and flash no need to wipe just download and flash also don't have to download every update just when ever you want to download its OTA as well

danny19901

danny19901

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Modding, coding, hacking anything to do with computers or phones also jailbreaking love music like walking etc...
Oh also we may have 4.4 kitkat soon

tooplanx

tooplanx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Ok, sounds pretty good then actually, especially if updates are that easy!

I've installed FusionX at the moment. Maybe have a look at CM 10.2 tomorrow night!

Thanks again for all your help!

I think I'll edit my first post tomorrow so that is has all the relevant info there for any other users.

danny19901

danny19901

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Ok, sounds pretty good then actually, especially if updates are that easy!

I've installed FusionX at the moment. Maybe have a look at CM 10.2 tomorrow night!

Thanks again for all your help!

I think I'll edit my first post tomorrow so that is has all the relevant info there for any other users.

OK mate glad to hear you have fusionX on ROM good ROM for stock based ROM ceastel's kernel is pretty good for stock based ROM

danny19901

danny19901

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
Kitkat out shortly hopefully its already running on Y300 mate

tooplanx

tooplanx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

I looked at CM 10.2 and I'm thinking about trying it for a few days, but it mentions that you need to use TWRP 2.6 or higher for compatibilty for android 4.3

The TWRP version you uploaded is 2.5.01 or something- did you install CM 10.2 from that version alright?

Cheers.

danny19901

danny19901

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

I looked at CM 10.2 and I'm thinking about trying it for a few days, but it mentions that you need to use TWRP 2.6 or higher for compatibilty for android 4.3

The TWRP version you uploaded is 2.5.01 or something- did you install CM 10.2 from that version alright?

Cheers.

I'm sure the TWRP 2.6.3.1 if it isn't I'm sorry kra1o5 has uploaded a flashable zip of latest twrp

danny19901

danny19901

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Cheers.

If go into TWRP it should say 2.6.3.1 although I forgot to edit tool to say it was that version but should flash that latest version due to the file name :) let me know if it is 2.6.3.1 though if not I will try fix that and post a thread of root with latest TWRP

GAI4000

GAI4000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Y300 Dazzozos cm11

Hi guys this tutorial worked exelent. i have cm10.2 now. Should i use fusionx? your opinions pls. i have b182

bartonfink

bartonfink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco II

Used this method yesterday and it worked like a simple, easy to use treat.

However since I rooted, sintalled the recovery and superuser utility the power button has stopped reliably responding to each to each press.  Can take 5-10 seconds of hitting it before the phone wakes up from lock or locks again.

Have I gone too uninstall happy and amongst the bloatware/Google apps I uninstalled, could there have been seomthing which has caused this?  (deleted all the google play's except the app/store one; removed music, browser, EA Games, Email apps...)

Or is this a physical issue?

EDIT: installed CWM 11 and using alternative buttons, just guess I mistreat these phones too much (second time the power button has given out on me, though last time over months, rather than weeks)

Edited by bartonfink, 14 January 2014 - 01:38 PM.

tooplanx

tooplanx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Hi guys this tutorial worked exelent. i have cm10.2 now. Should i use fusionx? your opinions pls. i have b182

Hi, I've not used a CM rom since I had my ZTE Blade so can't compare (I found it buggy at the time).

I've used Fusion X, MIUI so far. I loved the look and feel of MIUI but I had some major problems with connecting to Play so had to ditch it. I've been using Fusion X for a few months and it's pretty decent, though I still find the phone sluggish and get lots of force closes, system crashes and sometimes restarts so I'm looking at the 'ultra-light' rom, though I want some English language advice on that first to see what it's like.

jova3

jova3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G510-0200

How I can delete my system backups from twrp?

insx

insx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Is it normal for the driver install to sit at 80% for a while and then disappear? I've had no joy at all getting the driver working and I've tried it on 3 different versions of Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users