Thanks you very much, Hasan217 ! :)

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Xolo X900

If anybody is interested in porting CM themes or make own themes and become a themer for the xtheme engine, then there's this tool available here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2504371

Don't forget to share your work! ;)

Thedarkphonetech

Thedarkphonetech

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
Will this work on non rooted. I have installed the app fine. It ask me to update it. If I do will I brick it?
Xda doesn't say anything about needing to root. Please help me!

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

"Does this require root access?

Yes, because it replaces a file in /system/bin. Once the framework is installed, it should work without root access."

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Will this work on non rooted. I have installed the app fine. It ask me to update it. If I do will I brick it?
Xda doesn't say anything about needing to root. Please help me!

It won't Brick the device but it just won't work. It doesn't install the latest version of app_process. This causes all the module not to work. The reason for this the developer explains is that you have to have a static busybox in the app like in 2.3 static 1 version. But that creates a problem for other devices. Since very few reports have been reported to him he feels there are not many users having this problem. So he didn't create a static version for his latest release.

codroid

codroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:Moto G

When I install theme apks they do not show in the theme engine ? Other than that this is freaking awesome :)

Edit: Oh it work after a boot :)

Custom power toggles would be a nice feature but I do not see a mod for that :(

Edited by codroid, 28 January 2014 - 03:57 PM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

When I install theme apks they do not show in the theme engine ? Other than that this is freaking awesome :)

Edit: Oh it work after a boot :)

Custom power toggles would be a nice feature but I do not see a mod for that :(

What? Like Power Toggle you mean? https://play.google....ess.pc&hl=en_GB

;)

BTW, a reboot is a necessity on all (as far as I know) Xposed Modules.

Edited by BlueMoonRising, 28 January 2014 - 04:18 PM.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

codroid

codroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

What? Like Power Toggle you mean? https://play.google....ess.pc&hl=en_GB

I have this, have used it for some time, it is good but not as good as one coded in. Unfortunately intel make mess with the smali code and it is a nightmare lol

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

What? Like Power Toggle you mean? https://play.google....ess.pc&hl=en_GB

I have this, have used it for some time, it is good but not as good as one coded in. Unfortunately intel make mess with the smali code and it is a nightmare lol

U mean the power toggles like in jelly beans notification bar?
Yeah.. I searched for that a lot. But it's not available as a Xposed module or as a standalone app anywhere. Other apps just add a row below the original toggles not replacing it

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

U mean the power toggles like in jelly beans notification bar?
Yeah.. I searched for that a lot. But it's not available as a Xposed module or as a standalone app anywhere. Other apps just add a row below the original toggles not replacing it

Power toggles and edit build.prop http://www.modaco.co...-ics/?p=2036619

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I just got a PM from the developer of Xposed framework. I've attached a screenshot. His next version will support our devices. :D
But before that he wants some testing. So I'll be posting the apk here. And if anybody is interested, can just download it and give it a try. But do report the developer the logs. Without the logs he can't do anything. Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1391050498643.jpg   56.45KB   12 downloads

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

I just got a PM from the developer of Xposed framework. I've attached a screenshot. His next version will support our devices. :D
But before that he wants some testing. So I'll be posting the apk here. And if anybody is interested, can just download it and give it a try. But do report the developer the logs. Without the logs he can't do anything. attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1391050498643.jpg

Perhaps I'm missing the point but the present one works so what advantage would a static busybox give us?

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Perhaps I'm missing the point but the present one works so what advantage would a static busybox give us?

The thing is that we don't have the latest version of app_process and XposedBridge.jar. Eventually all the newer modules will require these latest versions. So in order to use the latest modules we'll need the latest version. Plus the advantage of this new version is that it'll decrease the load of server reducing the download size of each app.

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Also the version we have is the static version. 2.3 static 1. That's the last working version for our devices. This version also contains a static busybox. The other versions don't bundle a static busybox. That's why the latest version does not work. I don't know the technical advantages of it though. I'm no developer. I'm a noob who's learning slowly slowly.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Also the version we have is the static version. 2.3 static 1. That's the last working version for our devices. This version also contains a static busybox. The other versions don't bundle a static busybox. That's why the latest version does not work. I don't know the technical advantages of it though. I'm no developer. I'm a noob who's learning slowly slowly.

Lol, well you knew more than me anyway. Let us know when you've got the apk and I'll give it a shot.

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Lol, well you knew more than me anyway. Let us know when you've got the apk and I'll give it a shot.

I'm attaching the zip file containing two apk files. These are working perfectly on my device.
Please install XposedInstaller_test_static.apk first. Afterwards, install the other APK and try the installation. Now it should work.
The installer alone is only of 464 Kb and along with the static busybox it is about 700 Kb. The latest version was downloaded 1,447,869 times. So imagine the load on the server coz of these downloads. Now with the next version, the installer will be the default installer for all the devices. This installer will recognize the files required and download it automatically. This will reduce the load on server plus reduce the size of the package since it downloads only those files which are required. The static busybox will be automatically downloaded and installed. Brilliant Idea!
Now our devices will be compatible for all future releases, hopefully.  :D 

Edit: The installer gives a error 'could not mount / system writable' but it still works. It'll install correctly. Just reboot the device.

Attached Files

Edited by Hasan217, 03 February 2014 - 06:18 AM.

bob3450

bob3450

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Awesome! Good job! Just checking, we will need to uninstall all of our modules and the current installer first, yes?

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Awesome! Good job! Just checking, we will need to uninstall all of our modules and the current installer first, yes?

Not required.. Just update and reboot.

bob3450

bob3450

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Brilliant! Working perfectly!

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

guys anyone lucky enough to get CRT off animation on their phone??? if so which module???

I don't think anyone replied to your question but the CRT off animation is included in Flibbesans stock mod. If you just want that then have a look at his script and the files he pushes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users