[APP][SHARE] Xposed Framework (for theming, mods and much more):

Guest Hasan217

Guest Hasan217

I just got a PM from the developer of Xposed framework. I've attached a screenshot. His next version will support our devices. :D

But before that he wants some testing. So I'll be posting the apk here. And if anybody is interested, can just download it and give it a try. But do report the developer the logs. Without the logs he can't do anything. post-1005687-13910505033969_thumb.jpg

Guest BlueMoonRising

I just got a PM from the developer of Xposed framework. I've attached a screenshot. His next version will support our devices. :D

But before that he wants some testing. So I'll be posting the apk here. And if anybody is interested, can just download it and give it a try. But do report the developer the logs. Without the logs he can't do anything. attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1391050498643.jpg

Perhaps I'm missing the point but the present one works so what advantage would a static busybox give us?

Guest Hasan217

Perhaps I'm missing the point but the present one works so what advantage would a static busybox give us?

The thing is that we don't have the latest version of app_process and XposedBridge.jar. Eventually all the newer modules will require these latest versions. So in order to use the latest modules we'll need the latest version. Plus the advantage of this new version is that it'll decrease the load of server reducing the download size of each app.

Guest Hasan217

Also the version we have is the static version. 2.3 static 1. That's the last working version for our devices. This version also contains a static busybox. The other versions don't bundle a static busybox. That's why the latest version does not work. I don't know the technical advantages of it though. I'm no developer. I'm a noob who's learning slowly slowly.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Also the version we have is the static version. 2.3 static 1. That's the last working version for our devices. This version also contains a static busybox. The other versions don't bundle a static busybox. That's why the latest version does not work. I don't know the technical advantages of it though. I'm no developer. I'm a noob who's learning slowly slowly.

Lol, well you knew more than me anyway. Let us know when you've got the apk and I'll give it a shot.

Guest Hasan217

Lol, well you knew more than me anyway. Let us know when you've got the apk and I'll give it a shot.

I'm attaching the zip file containing two apk files. These are working perfectly on my device.

Please install XposedInstaller_test_static.apk first. Afterwards, install the other APK and try the installation. Now it should work.

The installer alone is only of 464 Kb and along with the static busybox it is about 700 Kb. The latest version was downloaded 1,447,869 times. So imagine the load on the server coz of these downloads. Now with the next version, the installer will be the default installer for all the devices. This installer will recognize the files required and download it automatically. This will reduce the load on server plus reduce the size of the package since it downloads only those files which are required. The static busybox will be automatically downloaded and installed. Brilliant Idea!

Now our devices will be compatible for all future releases, hopefully.  :D 

Edit: The installer gives a error 'could not mount / system writable' but it still works. It'll install correctly. Just reboot the device.

Xposed.zip

Edited by Hasan217

Guest Hasan217

Awesome! Good job! Just checking, we will need to uninstall all of our modules and the current installer first, yes?

Not required.. Just update and reboot.

Guest BlueMoonRising

guys anyone lucky enough to get CRT off animation on their phone??? if so which module???

I don't think anyone replied to your question but the CRT off animation is included in Flibbesans stock mod. If you just want that then have a look at his script and the files he pushes.

Guest BlueMoonRising

But before that he wants some testing. So I'll be posting the apk here. And if anybody is interested, can just download it and give it a try. But do report the developer the logs. Without the logs he can't do anything. attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1391050498643.jpg

I've PM'ed rovo89 on XDA my logs from a completely fresh install of EVERYTHING. Are you testing with any particular modules? I've got the 'NFC screen unlock' and 'disable empty tag message' modules installed only, what are you using?

Guest Hasan217

I've PM'ed rovo89 on XDA my logs from a completely fresh install of EVERYTHING. Are you testing with any particular modules? I've got the 'NFC screen unlock' and 'disable empty tag message' modules installed only, what are you using?

Not testing any module but I am using a few modules which are quite useful.

I'll list them out:

1. Android Tuner (Mainly for firewall, disabling battery low warning and Battery Temp Status bar icon)

2. App Settings (For restricting some permissions for some suspicious apps)

3. CrappaLinks (Removes crappy link masking/tracking from various apps)

4. Greenify (For Hibernating Apps which auto start again and again, better than task killers actually)

5. HKTheme Manager (It's a themeing module. It does not need any porting of themes like the xtheme engine. Just download any CM theme, xtheme and t-mobile theme and open the app and apply the theme. As simple as that)

6. KitKat Toast Backport (Backport kitkat toast to older android version)

7. Master Key multi-fix (Patches 'Master Key Exploits')

8. MinMinGuard (Ad-blocker, it's better than adaway)

9. XBlast Tools (Very useful app with several utilities)

Guest Hasan217

HkThemes was a fail for me, applied a cm9 theme for ICS and had to reflash rom, whole systemUI failed.

I've been using hktheme manager for sometime now. Never faced such a problem. You do have root and the latest xposed installed correctly, right?

The developer of hktheme manager mentions in his OP in his thread at Xda that not to enable the option 'Allow themes to replace layout?' as enabling this option causes bootloops with some non-compatible devices. But this depends on the type of themes you use. I've tried and tested the following themes:

1.  Transparent CM Theme (Doesn't make anything transparent thought coz of xposed limitations, the developer explains)

2.  Simplicity Beta

3.  Berlin By Night Theme

4.  Alloy Light Blue

5.  Simplex

6.  Mianogen CM theme

7.  MIUI v5 concept

8.  Flatron

9.  Aventador Theme

10. MIUI v5 Holo Blue

11. IOS7 Trance CM Theme

12. Flats

I'm currently using 'MIUI v5 Concept' theme with 'MIUI v5' Icon Pack available for free at play store. Icon pack applied with with Action Launcher. All working fine with me.

Try it again if you would like to.

Edited by Hasan217

Guest codroid

Thanks, I solved the problem, it was because I was using my own custom framework and systemui....caused some conflict, switched to stock system and themes work fine :)