Tips for battery life

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Apparently, there's been an update to Google services that can cause a huge wake lock and subsequent battery drain.

There are a couple of things you can do about this....

Firstly, uncheck Google location services... unless you really can not survive without it.

Secondly, download greenify from the post store, and greenify Google maps if you use it (this stops most of the wake locks). Also greenish Google play services if it will let you (some roms don't for some reason).

Doing this will stop you getting background app updates, but they will still update if you open play store.

Guest TangerineTractor

You should have posted this on General Forum of Y300/G510.

Not necessarily. One of the biggest issues when trying new roms is battery consumption, so this needs to be seen by people flashing new roms.

At least it's relevant and new information that might be of use to someone, rather than people posting the same bugs, or asking the same questions.

Guest plmosqueda

Well... Google play services consume ram and data. 512 MB ram is not enough in some cases. We can flash cm without the Google apps and use alternate markets like black market or fdroid... Use alternate no Google apps like k9 for mail, waze for maps.. Etc. Can recommend an app to sync my contacts??

Guest nirmalbalaji

I think Amazon App Store is a good alternative for Google Play Store. I have few apps on Amazon and they receive the updates quickly like Google Play.

Guest Waqar118

Aptoide is cool too. I really want de Google my y300. XD. Witch app can I use to sync my contacts from Google???

Dont know about it but u can use go back up ur contacts

I got few questions guys  ;)

should we off below settings to save battery?

Keep wifi always on during sleep - off?

Enable always-on mobile mobile data - off?

auto-sync - off?

thanks

Guest TangerineTractor

I got few questions guys  ;)

auto-sync - off?

thanks

I see no noticeable difference turning wifi on or off... and personally the whole point of having a smartphone is getting my messages and info automatically, so data is always on. If I needed to turn these things off to get decent battery life, then there's something wrong. I have wifi and 3g dtata on all the time, and comfortably get a days use out of my phone, including spending all evening browsing.

I don't use google apps though, so all google syncing is disabled. I use Aquamail to access my gmail acocunt. I have exchange email on all the time, and two twitter apps.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest ZolaIII

I got few questions guys ;)

auto-sync - off?

thanks

Turning of wifi when you don't use it is recommended because as it is wifi will resync from time to time even in deep sleep mode waking up CPU core. You probably don't need to disable mobile data (it really depends of contract). Syncing of Google services is a little more tricky question as sometime some of them can stuck in process. Actually recommendation is that you use only apps that you really need especially Google ones. If you feel disciplined in of you can sync them manually once in the week. Most power sawing you will get putting power collapse mode to fully collapse radio transceiver off (shot it off) in deep sleep state bat you won't be able to receive any thing when phone is sleeping. I recommend manually switching to 2G mode when you don't intend to use mobile net as this is really old modem & manually setting brightness will also help a loot. There is much more bat i really think its not for regular simple users ...