[JB] [4.3.1] [UNOFFICIAL] Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) JB-MR2

Guest TangerineTractor

Tried it a little . Doesn`t have file manager , couldn`t import my contacts , un-flashed it :D seems to be ok though.

how much does it take to download one from the net?? :D

Guest bogdanwp

And put it were ? if i can`t access sd card and gapps need to be flashed separately so i can access playstore , which i won`t , because google services waste to much memory :D

But the real question is , why do some roms don`t have file managers included? It seems to me as important as camera or other system apps.

Edited by bogdanwp

Guest TangerineTractor

And put it were ? if i can`t access sd card and gapps need to be flashed separately so i can access playstore , which i won`t , because google services waste to much memory :D

But the real question is , why do some roms don`t have file managers included? It seems to me as important as camera or other system apps.

Surely you flash gapps straight after flashing the rom before rebooting? Then you have play store straight away, and you get to set up your phone automatically on first boot?

Well in another Rom i faced this situation, i searched for root-explorer apk through browser, found one easily, pressed the download button :D when the download was completed clicked on it in notification drawer then the instal process started :D

Guest bogdanwp

Surely you flash gapps straight after flashing the rom before rebooting? Then you have play store straight away, and you get to set up your phone automatically on first boot?

Previously i would , but beginning some month ago i stopped using google apps because the services stay open and i rarely need playstore. All my apps go as apk`s on the sd-card that`s why i like file managers :)) . Anyway , how`s the rom ?

Guest TangerineTractor

Previously i would , but beginning some month ago i stopped using google apps because the services stay open and i rarely need playstore. All my apps go as apk`s on the sd-card that`s why i like file managers :)) . Anyway , how`s the rom ?

Seems very good so far. Smooth, fast, no issues yet, but not really tested it.

Guest TangerineTractor

No issues at all so far. Smooth and fast enough. YouTube works. Lots of nice configuration features. Just got it fully set up and working as per my usual configuration, fully charged, so now letting it sit on battery, see what that's like.

Guest TangerineTractor

Working well. The Active Display feature forces a systemui close, so best not tu use it. Other stuff works, like ribbons, which are a nice gimmick... did 10% battery in an hour, but that was on 3g with 35 mins screen time... so not desperately bad... need to recharge and monitor it on standby.

Guest fricy81

i have a weird problem with this rom, my phone is able connect to mobile network and all. But i can't use my mobile internet.

That would be the APN problem mentioned above: you have to find the correct settings of your provider and enter them manually to work.

Guest TangerineTractor

Same occasional video playback issues as cm10.1/2, and with the video recording bug too it is not really any better that cm 10.1 or cm10.2 roms. Nice and configurable, battery ok but not brilliant.

That would be the APN problem mentioned above: you have to find the correct settings of your provider and enter them manually to work.

I manually entered the APN but still it wouldnt work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...