Huawei G300 glass replacement sucks

Guest Tottback

Guest Tottback
Hello Guys,

I have crashed the glass on my G300 (U8815), but everything is still working.
I ordered a new glass at ebay (gadgettown), which takes 2 weeks, and now I tried to replace the glass.
This seemed to be working without big issues, but I had to notice that the touchscreen is not working. For a short time in between it works, but then no reaction anymore. I have checked the touchscreen-connector several times but no success.
Now a second problem occurs. After several dis- and re-assembling the power switch is not working, so I can't switch on my phone anymore.

The Battery is fully loaded. When I connect the power plug the loading display occurs. connection to PC is also possible.

I think I have to bury my phone, or did anyone got an idea how I could to proceed ?

Thanks
Tottback

This seemed to be working without big issues, but I had to notice that the touchscreen is not working. For a short time in between it works, but then no reaction anymore.

Huh?! It was working but it wasn't working...?!

I think there's a thread/post somewhere about how to power on your device when your power button is broken. Some combination of hooking it up to the charger and pulling the battery or something. Can't find it right now though....

Guest Tottback
OK here is the full story. (sorry for bad wording in advance) ;) 

There were no problems on replacing the touchscreen, but the touchscreen was not working after re-assembling I
First I thought that I didn't connect one foil conductor of the touchscreen correct (seems to should be connected to GND).
I turned it behind the main foil with connection to the metal part but no change. (I think a picture would help here, maybe later)

Then I tried the touchscreen without housing with manually connected battery and after some tries it works why ever.
I could use the keyboard, everything seems to be fine. I add the housing again => no touchscreen function.

It seems that I have disassembled now to often, and the foil conductor to the power switch is interrupted somewhere. :angry: