Response from Tesco: Official Android 4.4 (KitKat)

Guest kurtisuk

Guest kurtisuk

I have emailed Tesco regarding KitKat for the Hudl and this is thier reply:

Dear Kurtis

Thank you for your question regarding the Hudl. 

Our development team is currently investigating the possibility of installing KitKat on the Hudl.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards 

Iain Wilson
Tesco Tech Support

Hopefully we will see some KitKat goodness for the hudl soon

Nice to have for those that chase the latest tweaks and whizzy stuff - 4.2.2 just works, not had an issue with low memory etc so no big rush to have it. Do I need more and more Google intergration probably not seeing as chrome was one of the first things I removed. Love to remove the 'g' etc but will have to live with it for now - just wasted realistate IMHO.

Guest paultr2

CM, which browser do you use as an alternative to Chrome ? I have tried a few (have to use Dolphin for BBC flash clips) but they all seem a bit laggy compared to Chrome.

Guest paultr2

Thanks CM I really like UC - nice and fast and responsive. Have you managed to get it to play flash clips on the BBC web site ? I managed to get Dolphin to do this by using a legacy flash player

Must admit, wrt BBC website only watched some music concert videos via Radio 1 etc. Can't remember which of the two browsers that was through though. Anything else BBC wise has been via iPlayer for android or TVcatchup.