Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Xolo X900

Build.prop is for the x900 itself,but it's clearly ICS 

The image is part of the build.prop

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

It now seems to be a ICS build by seeing the bild.prop you attached. But someone who is as good as Ricky, or any other alike,  could try it out and guide us then it would be helpful. Coz i don't think anyone here wants to risk bricking their device and not knowing how to get it back in working condition. I personally don't wanna risk it. The tool might be very legitimate but it still requires skill. This is my first android phone and I have never flashed Custom ROMs. If this tool really works, it'll be the first for me.

As for the update.zip of 348MB i think it's the ROM after the 59MB update.

Also, I had a look at the tool, it does have some encryption files which is why i'm optimistic that this tool signs the ROM. Also, users facing problems of rooting after the 59MB update can be solved as the tool also allows to push apk and other files in the ROM after flashing the device. This module of the tool can be used to push files required for root.

When you load the files into the tool kit before flashing it asks for a xml file. The xml file with the update.zip contains the instructions as to how to flash the device. But since it boot-loader locked it wont just flash any ROM. This is where the .bin fiiles come in to sign the ROM before flashing. This is what I think. I may be wrong though. I'm no advanced user.

kabirsaini2011

kabirsaini2011

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

It now seems to be a ICS build by seeing the bild.prop you attached. But someone who is as good as Ricky, or any other alike,  could try it out and guide us then it would be helpful. Coz i don't think anyone here wants to risk bricking their device and not knowing how to get it back in working condition. I personally don't wanna risk it. The tool might be very legitimate but it still requires skill. This is my first android phone and I have never flashed Custom ROMs. If this tool really works, it'll be the first for me.

Also, I had a look at the tool, it does have some encryption files which is why i'm optimistic that this tool signs the ROM. Also, users facing problems of rooting after the 59MB update can be solved as the tool also allows to push apk and other files in the ROM after flashing the device. This module of the tool can be used to push files required for root.

When you load the files into the tool kit before flashing it asks for a xml file. The xml file with the update.zip contains the instructions as to how to flash the device. But since it boot-loader locked it wont just flash any ROM. This is where the .bin fiiles come in to sign the ROM before flashing. This is what I think. I may be wrong though. I'm no advanced user.

You are right dude .. Its for signing and going custom .. 

shuntgenerator

shuntgenerator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

debug level log with update.zip(299MB from xolo site) in the tools folder and selecting flash.xml that came with the tool.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log1.png   37.27KB   7 downloads

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

debug level log with update.zip(299MB from xolo site) in the tools folder and selecting flash.xml that came with the tool.

So were you successful at flashing your device?

shuntgenerator

shuntgenerator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

No. I didn't try flashing it. Just loaded the flash.xml. Thats all.
Thought that this info shouldn't go unnoticed. So posted.

karthiknr

karthiknr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade,Xperia S,OSD

It now seems to be a ICS build by seeing the bild.prop you attached. But someone who is as good as Ricky, or any other alike, could try it out and guide us then it would be helpful. Coz i don't think anyone here wants to risk bricking their device and not knowing how to get it back in working condition. I personally don't wanna risk it. The tool might be very legitimate but it still requires skill. This is my first android phone and I have never flashed Custom ROMs. If this tool really works, it'll be the first for me.

Do we have any ROMs that someone can try on? I'm a little worried about the missing System, Kernel and other files but I might go ahead and try it. But first as you suggested I think I'll try to push the required files for gaining root.

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Do we have any ROMs that someone can try on? I'm a little worried about the missing System, Kernel and other files but I might go ahead and try it. But first as you suggested I think I'll try to push the required files for gaining root.

Before you go ahead.... Take a BACKUP!! This is the most important step.

Why not try our own ROM first. The 299 Mb update.zip. See how it works for you. And yes if you're successful at pushing files to your device then maybe users can gain root even after the 59Mb update.

Keep us posted on your progress.. ;)

We can't just flash any ROM on our devices coz all the other ROMs are made for devices running ARM, which might not work properly on our devices using x86. I think there's a link somewhere of Intel's own Jelly Bean ROM. Once you're successful you could try that.

Best Of Luck!

karthiknr

karthiknr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Before you go ahead.... Take a BACKUP!! This is the most important step.

Why not try our own ROM first. The 299 Mb update.zip. See how it works for you. And yes if you're successful at pushing files to your device then maybe users can gain root even after the 59Mb update.

Keep us posted on your progress.. ;)

We can't just flash any ROM on our devices coz all the other ROMs are made for devices running ARM, which might not work properly on our devices using x86. I think there's a link somewhere of Intel's own Jelly Bean ROM. Once you're successful you could try that.

Best Of Luck!

I'm making a backup right now. As soon as it gets done,i'll flash our ROM to see if it works or not. I loaded the flash.xml from the custom flash section. The only thing that is bothering me is whether to choose blankphone or fastboot type to flash the phone. I think i'll go with the fastboot.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

I don't know about anyone else but I'm watching with baited breath...

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

shuntgenerator

shuntgenerator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

http://www.modaco.co...n-xolo-ics-rom/

hope you have a hdmi capable tv and proper cables. just in case

karthiknr

karthiknr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

:D Let's just be hopeful. I'm backing up using the flash tool itself but even though i unticked the shared storage/sdcard it still seems to be doing a backup of something called com.android.sharedstoragebackup and it's taking ages to complete. Almost 2 GB backed up now.

Edit:

I'm starting the flash now. It backed up sdcard also btw.

Here's the image for the custom flash screen. I clicked the load file on the right and chose the flash.xml and arrived here. 

Attached File  Capture5.JPG   84.53KB   5 downloads

Edited by karthiknr, 06 December 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

:D Let's just be hopeful. I'm backing up using the flash tool itself but even though i unticked the shared storage/sdcard it still seems to be doing a backup of something called com.android.sharedstoragebackup and it's taking ages to complete. Almost 2 GB backed up now.

Same here... I'm just waiting for a possibility of flashing a custom ROM.

Was just looking for Custom Jelly Bean ROMs over xda and google, but couldn't get anything. I think RAZR i ROMs should work.... Let's see how this goes.

One step at a time  :D

kabirsaini2011

kabirsaini2011

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

dont use ifwi and osdnx of the tool :P 

karthiknr

karthiknr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Too late. Ended up with this error.

I will try removing the erase data part and will try again.

Attached File  Capture6.JPG   94.17KB   2 downloads

After removing the erase data part and after registering flash file again,i went ahead and flashed.

After the fastboot continue command,it boots into the recovery where a bunch of errors pop saying it cannot mount/open some folders.

I chose to reboot system. It's still showing the Xolo logo. Hopefully it boots up.

Attached File  Capture7.JPG   94.83KB   3 downloads

Edited by karthiknr, 06 December 2013 - 03:31 PM.

kabirsaini2011

kabirsaini2011

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Try to flash moto razr-i's jb if u pass

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

The link for Moto RAZR i on XDA: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2174731

If anybody is just as curious as me. :P

karthiknr

karthiknr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Looks like it hasn't worked. :(  It's still stuck on the Xolo logo. I'll go into the recovery and install the update.zip from sdcard. 

I'm having serious issues now. It looks like the recovery is not able to mount the sdcard partition at all. Data wipe and cache wipe are still possible though.

Any suggestions to flash stock ROM?

Edited by karthiknr, 06 December 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Looks like it hasn't worked. :(  It's still stuck on the Xolo logo. I'll go into the recovery and install the update.zip from sdcard. 

You could try without the IFWI and OS DnX option, as Kabir suggested, if you still have the urge to go on.... :P

Hasan217

Hasan217

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I'm having serious issues now. It looks like the recovery is not able to mount the sdcard partition at all. Data wipe and cache wipe are still possible though.

Any suggestions to flash stock ROM?

Use the AIO Tool by Ricky

If it doesn't work then try this: http://www.modaco.co...ot#entry2128649 . The first post.

I have tried this method and it has worked for me.

Edited by Hasan217, 06 December 2013 - 03:50 PM.

karthiknr

karthiknr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Use the AIO Tool by Ricky

The tool says Device not found. :(

Even if im into droidboot,it says the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users