TOOL: Play Store installation for Gemini tablets

Guest MrBagpuss

Guest MrBagpuss

Hi all!

I have bought a Gemini 7007 tablet and decided that i'd like to have the Play Store as well as the Amazon Store. I've created a little app (install as any normal APK) that installs the Play Store. If you use this, you do so at your own risk, I can't provide support. After installing and running you can uninstall.

It should now work on the following machines:

• 7007 (D7)
  • 7100 (D71)
  • 7851 (GD8 & GD8 Pro)
  • 8902 (D8)
  • 1000 (D10)
  • 1002 (Q10)
  • 1331 (Q13)
  • Q50 and Q57 Smartphones
  • 9909 (Q97)

I'm trying to support as many tablets as possible, so if you have a Gemini device without Play Store and it's not in the list, let me know :)

DOWNLOAD - here

Mirror link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nywytirqteyt3n/com.bagpuss.playinstaller.r7.apk?dl=0

Edited by flibblesan

Guest arthur folkard

i have the Gemini GD8 which hasnt got playstore on and from my point its usless to me unless it has can you help ,,, the first GD8 i bought at the end of october had playstore on but Gemini exchanged it with this new 1 which has amazon apps ,,, 

Guest Simon O

i have the Gemini GD8 which hasnt got playstore on and from my point its usless to me unless it has can you help ,,, the first GD8 i bought at the end of october had playstore on but Gemini exchanged it with this new 1 which has amazon apps ,,, 

Hi Arthur,

This application will work on your GD8 to give you the Google Play Store.

Guest Simon O

Quick instructions for using this application:

Download the application directly onto your tablet or connect the USB cable, enable USB storage and transfer from your computer.

(if your computer cannot see your tablet then open Settings, tap Developer options, tap the top right button which will say "off" then press "OK" on the "Allow development settings?" box. Then press USB debugging, press "OK" for "Allow USB debugging?"

Now in the Settings application tap Security then tap "Unknown Sources". Tap "OK" to enable this. 

Open the File Expert application and navigate to the location of the file. If you downloaded this directly onto the tablet then it will be in the Downloads folder. You can find this by tapping the "Folders" tab at the top, then tap SD Card, then tap download. If you copied the application using the USB cable then it'll be in the "SD Card" somewhere.

Tap the application. If you are asked to verify the application then select the first option then tap OK. Now follow the prompts to install the application.

Once installed, open the Play Installer application. Press the button when prompted and your tablet will restart, enter recovery and run an update that will install the Google Play Store. The tablet will automatically reboot and start up as normal.

Once it has finished booting you can uninstall the Play Installer application by holding your finger down on the icon then dragging it to the X or trashcan icon at the top of the screen.

The Google Play has been installed directly onto the system so it cannot be removed. Any future updates from the Gemini updater will be safe to install and your hardware warranty with Gemini will still be valid.

Guest arthur folkard

toataly buggered my brain any way way to make it more clearer please when i down load to pc and click open it says ,,,, file scout finds information about file types and software to open them . File name:playinstaler.r3 (2) apk ,,,,,,,, What do you want to do ? search web for software that can open your file   or    open useing already installed software HELP IF I DOWN LOAD STRAIGHT TO DEVICE ITS SAYS ,,,, YOU BROWSER SEEMS A BIT OUTDATED

i

Edited by arthur folkard

Guest Simon O

Do not open the file on your computer as it will not work.

The file needs to be opened from your Android tablet so you will need to copy the file to that. Use the USB cable with the tablet, connect to your computer then enable the USB storage when it shows on the tablet screen. If it doesn't ask you to enable this, then tap the time on the tablet (bottom right) then tap USB Storage, then tap the button to enable.

Now on your computer you will have a new hard drive appear. This is your tablet. You can copy the file you downloaded over to the tablet just like copying a file from one drive to another. Once copied to the tablet, unplug the USB cable.

Open the File Expert application that is installed on the tablet.

at the top of the screen, tap "Folders". Then on the left side, tap "SD Card". You should now see the file you copied to the tablet on the right side. Tap the file and it will start the installation off.

If it asks you to enable installation then you need to do the following:

Open Settings

On the left side, tap Security

Tap "Unknown Sources"

Tap "OK"

Now press the home button, open File Expert again then tap the com.bagpuss file to install the Play Store installer. 

Once it has been installed, press the home button. Press the button to show your applications, then tap Play Store Installer. Follow the prompts to install.

Guest SCARECROW450

Newbie thank you so much for this, just downloaded it from my pc to my Gem 1000, clicked on the icon nd it opened straight away. Can use Teamviewer now, thank you so much and it work great !!

Cheers Scarecrow450

Guest your worship

Thanks very much!

I opened my D7 without RTFM and saw that it only had some Amazon stuff on and Play Store would not download simply.

After a quick search around I found your great forum and now have Play Store, Candy Crush, FaceBook etc. all installed after just 15 minutes. Please keep up the good work.

btw Bagpuss was one of my favourite kids programs.

Ex-Brummie.

Guest brockyvjockey

Quick instructions for using this application:

Download the application directly onto your tablet or connect the USB cable, enable USB storage and transfer from your computer.

(if your computer cannot see your tablet then open Settings, tap Developer options, tap the top right button which will say "off" then press "OK" on the "Allow development settings?" box. Then press USB debugging, press "OK" for "Allow USB debugging?"

Now in the Settings application tap Security then tap "Unknown Sources". Tap "OK" to enable this. 

Open the File Expert application and navigate to the location of the file. If you downloaded this directly onto the tablet then it will be in the Downloads folder. You can find this by tapping the "Folders" tab at the top, then tap SD Card, then tap download. If you copied the application using the USB cable then it'll be in the "SD Card" somewhere.

Tap the application. If you are asked to verify the application then select the first option then tap OK. Now follow the prompts to install the application.

Once installed, open the Play Installer application. Press the button when prompted and your tablet will restart, enter recovery and run an update that will install the Google Play Store. The tablet will automatically reboot and start up as normal.

Once it has finished booting you can uninstall the Play Installer application by holding your finger down on the icon then dragging it to the X or trashcan icon at the top of the screen.

The Google Play has been installed directly onto the system so it cannot be removed. Any future updates from the Gemini updater will be safe to install and your hardware warranty with Gemini will still be valid.

Edited by brockyvjockey

Guest CameronRae

Any chance you can get this to work on the GEMQ1002 ? tried with the current update package you have and it would work. I got the message "device not supported" when i tried to open the google installer after it had installed.

Cheers

Guest msquaredhosting

Hi,
Just purchased three Gemini Q10 Tablets for the grandchildren not realising they were locked to Amazon store, all my apps and stuff is in Google Play so it would be a massive relief to get the Play Store app for these devices.

This seems incredibly unfair that they have limited access to Amazon only, how can this be fair and there is no mention of this anywhere within the specification or details to make potential customers aware of this irritating fact.

Thank You

So are we saying that the current package won't install on a Gemini Q10 GEMQ1002? I have had one bought for me for Christmas and it has the horrid Amazon Marketplace on which I would dearly love to place with Google Play, can someone confirm whether or not this will work on a Q10 or not?

Thanks

Gary

Edited by GemGCB

Guest hankhandsome

So are we saying that the current package won't install on a Gemini Q10 GEMQ1002? I have had one bought for me for Christmas and it has the horrid Amazon Marketplace on which I would dearly love to place with Google Play, can someone confirm whether or not this will work on a Q10 or not?

Thanks

Gary

well this user from the first page of this thread has apparently tried it on a Q10

Any chance you can get this to work on the GEMQ1002 ? tried with the current update package you have and it would work. I got the message "device not supported" when i tried to open the google installer after it had installed.

Cheers