Is this because of hynix?

Guest Thit Than

Guest Thit Than

Hello everybody. I'm a new comer and I need some help. 

since my phone has a hynix flash memory (and an unofficially unlocked bootloader too) and i know it has a problem with 3.4 kernel in some cm 10.2 build. but he said it was already fixed, so...

last week i tried cm11 experimental build on my phone (i didn't know before that it still has a problem with hynix)

then i left it for about 5 minutes and then it freeze. i've to remove the battery and reinsert it to make it boot up again.

and then this happened again, a several times!

so i went back to cm7 and this time it seems the problem has gone.

but when i turned it off manually, i've to remove & reinsert the battery again.

finally i did the force update to b952 but it doesn't helped.

the phone still automatically turned itself off, and will boot up only after i remove and reinsert the battery a several times.

(except if i play a music before turning the screen off)

so, at this point... is this because of hynix?

if so, can i send my g300 back for repair? or i've to make it brick before

thank in advance  :D

also, sorry for my bad english  :P

The suspicion is that hynix eMMC based G300s are at risk of hard bricking and some builds (since removed) of the 3.4 kernel may accelerate this. 

But it's not 100% clear.

I don't see any reason to blame your experience on the Hynix eMMC per se but who knows...

Try a force update to B952 again maybe?

Make sure that the download is intact and not corrupted.

If you keep getting this problem of only booting after removing battery etc. then you should probably consider sending it back alright.

Guest tasacar

Hello everybody. I'm a new comer and I need some help. 

since my phone has a hynix flash memory (and an unofficially unlocked bootloader too) and i know it has a problem with 3.4 kernel in some cm 10.2 build. but he said it was already fixed, so...

last week i tried cm11 experimental build on my phone (i didn't know before that it still has a problem with hynix)

then i left it for about 5 minutes and then it freeze. i've to remove the battery and reinsert it to make it boot up again.

and then this happened again, a several times!

so i went back to cm7 and this time it seems the problem has gone.

but when i turned it off manually, i've to remove & reinsert the battery again.

finally i did the force update to b952 but it doesn't helped.

the phone still automatically turned itself off, and will boot up only after i remove and reinsert the battery a several times.

(except if i play a music before turning the screen off)

so, at this point... is this because of hynix?

if so, can i send my g300 back for repair? or i've to make it brick before

thank in advance  :D

also, sorry for my bad english  :P

doesnt need to mean , did u only tried using cm roms ? maybe perhaps try something else like slimgb or stock+ or tesla they all work nicely , i myself did updated on hynix aoskp i think gb 4.3 or 4.2 had it like 3-5 days nothing bad happened but i got scared and turned back to ics or gb changed it few times to see what works best. U should try some different rom. I hope i helped u.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest george109

I would brick it and send it back! :P

If u give me a few weeks, ill quickly make an update zip that kills the g300 for you so you can send it back to huawei for a fix!

Guest Thit Than

Well, I've just sent it back two weeks ago. They said they would change a motherboard and I will get my phone back in January. But the update zip sound likes a great idea for the other one who also has hynix. Anyway, thank everyone for all the help.

Edited by Thit Than