Tesco Hudl USB OTG Issue

Guest Shadow152

Guest Shadow152

Ok, so my first Tesco Hudl worked fine with OTG, however i had to replace it due to malfunctioning MicroSD slot, the new one however doesn't seem to want to work with OTG, powered or unpowered :(

As far as i can tell the OTG drivers seem to be missing, any ideas where i can download them or other ideas on how to fix this issue?

TIA

Shadow

Guest Justice™

Ok, so my first Tesco Hudl worked fine with OTG, however i had to replace it due to malfunctioning MicroSD slot, the new one however doesn't seem to want to work with OTG, powered or unpowered :(

As far as i can tell the OTG drivers seem to be missing, any ideas where i can download them or other ideas on how to fix this issue?

TIA

Shadow

They might be included within one of the custom ROMs around here. If its the kernel that's the problem I'm sure that a user with working otg could dd their embedded kernel to an image that you could flash.

Guest Shadow152

Poss another faulty unit. Mine works out the box, and with the modded stock ROMs available here...

I don't suppose you could send me a copy of your OTG files and see if that fixes the problem?

Guest Justice™

I don't suppose you could send me a copy of your OTG files and see if that fixes the problem?

I don't think there are any OTG-specific files/modules. Its either enabled or its not within the kernel.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shadow152

Ok, so this is driving me absolutely nuts as i wanna be able to watch films on my portable HDD on my hudl, my xperia Z has USB OTG but my hudl is not willing to cooperate, does anyone have any other ideas on what it might be other than faulty hardware before i bitch at Tesco n try n get a replacement again as soon as they're open 2mrw?

Guest Shadow152

Have you tried using Stick Mount?

Just tried it now and it doesn't detect any of the drives on either my OTG hub or cable, also would be handy for college to be able to use KB/Mouse for odds n ends as well :(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shadow152

Just tried and external storage mounts fine to /mnt/usb_storage just fine on my son's completely stock Hudl.

Don't suppose u have a USB keyboard or mouse to try?