[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Danchiman21
Hi everyone, and sorry if this question has been answered but i really don't have time to stay and read the other pages of the post, can anyone tell me if it's all ready ok to use as my daily rom? i have tried this rom but it was like 2 months ago, or 1 , i don't remember, but it had a lot of bugs to be a daily rom, what about now ? .
Anyway, thanks everyone and sorry for my english, greetings from Argentina.

Can someone confirm if WIFI-Hotspot is still not working? I'm waiting for it to use the rom   :D

Thanks

No, and it will not work in the near future due to nobody is working on this device now.

Guest Tentmaster

No, and it will not work in the near future due to nobody is working on this device now.

Drat :angry2: . I'll be staying with MIUI V.5 in that case as its the most stable rom, imo. Use Apex launcher with it and you can then move the icons as in ics or jb. And you can delete most of thew Chinese apps without affecting the stability of the rom. I use Rom Toolbox to do that.

Guest bigas80

Nobody has network problems, the phone loses signal or view that there is a signal but can not call or receive calls.

I have "WIND", an Italian company

I'm guessing here but I doubt that sporadic signal loss is a ROM specific problem otherwise lots of others would have reported it.

On that basis...

How did you unlock your bootloader? Unofficially or officially? That might be a factor.

Also do you know what RIL you have? The IMEI SV in the About Phone ... section might tell you.

Any difference if you lock onto 2G/EDGE only for a bit?

Guest wards5150

Nobody has network problems, the phone loses signal or view that there is a signal but can not call or receive calls.

I have had no signal even though it shies full bars. I am on giffgaff UK. Only realised when my wife moaned that I wasn't replying to her texts. Reboot sorted it.

Guest twain1979

I have same problem wIth VODAFONE IT

Edited by twain1979

Guest fonsecav

Hi guys!
First of all great work, so far this ROM seems to be ok.

I have just one problem and would like to know if it is mine only or not.

Currently i have the last version of the rom, 20140116, and the updated stripped version.
I also used some modules to delete both CMWallpapers and VideoEditor, and the one to add Google Calendar.

The problem is related with this one, i think, when i search for calendars to sync it just keeps loading without retrieving any results. Also, if i go to the sync options of the account through settings, it says that there was a sync error, and there is no entry to sync calendar.

Is there any specific order to add/delete modules that i might have done wrong, or is it some problem with the modules?
I would love to get this feature to work as it is very important to me, but other than that, i love this ROM.

Guest garricic

IDK Why but I can´t install GAPPS... trying 5th package and allways stuck on "Starting apps" ... If I install GAPPS with ROM, I cant type password for wi-fi also cant open keyboard... Whats wrong?

Edited by garricic

Guest garricic

Hello! (I'm new to modaco but I'm used to xda.) I flashed cm-11-20140113-NIGHTLY-u8833.zip (the lastest) from getcm.thebronasium.com/?device=u8833 and also flashed 'pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140111-google-home-signed.zip' So i basically flashed the CM11 Rom and I flashed gapps... The ROM works like a charm... however my google play store keeps crashing and I cant sign in to google... When ever I open play store it crashes... I tried formating /system and /data and / cache both before and after flashing.. Is there somting Im doing wrong to cause google to crash?? Overall all its a very nice ROM.. The Best I ever used!! But the gapps is making it look bad... is it a known bug? or is it just me who has problems?? ;)

Edit: Can I Just flash any Gapps for cm11 for 4.4.2?? This like here has gapps for cm11 (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps), Trying to flash this.... I'll have more news.. ;)

Edit:Yes!!!!! Its working... Hope this is useful for someone else.... I installed gapps from cm11 from wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

PA GAAPPS not working for me, gonna try this one

EDIT: Not working for me :( Hnagouts crashing, cant add google account, Play store missing.. Whats up? .. Got same problems with GAPPS on CM 10.1

Edited by garricic

Drat :angry2: . I'll be staying with MIUI V.5 in that case as its the most stable rom, imo. Use Apex launcher with it and you can then move the icons as in ics or jb. And you can delete most of thew Chinese apps without affecting the stability of the rom. I use Rom Toolbox to do that.

Hey,what version of MIUI v5 u use?? please answer. I searching most stable v5, whicj is not laggy or smthing

Guest hippy dave

Is this official then? If so we've definitely had a good run, thanks again to you all who've kept my phone chugging along nicely :)

Guest bigas80

I'm guessing here but I doubt that sporadic signal loss is a ROM specific problem otherwise lots of others would have reported it.

On that basis...

How did you unlock your bootloader? Unofficially or officially? That might be a factor.

Also do you know what RIL you have? The IMEI SV in the About Phone ... section might tell you.

Any difference if you lock onto 2G/EDGE only for a bit?

Lose the signal even when connected to wifi. 
An 'another thing, when someone calls the ringer will start immediately, but the display lights up after 5-10 seconds

Hi guys!

First of all great work, so far this ROM seems to be ok.

I have just one problem and would like to know if it is mine only or not.

Currently i have the last version of the rom, 20140116, and the updated stripped version.

I also used some modules to delete both CMWallpapers and VideoEditor, and the one to add Google Calendar.

The problem is related with this one, i think, when i search for calendars to sync it just keeps loading without retrieving any results. Also, if i go to the sync options of the account through settings, it says that there was a sync error, and there is no entry to sync calendar.

Is there any specific order to add/delete modules that i might have done wrong, or is it some problem with the modules?

I would love to get this feature to work as it is very important to me, but other than that, i love this ROM.

Can you describe it what version of GApps do you use and what was the order of the GApps and module installation?

We can continue this thread in GApps thread.

IDK Why but I can´t install GAPPS... trying 5th package and allways stuck on "Starting apps" ... If I install GAPPS with ROM, I cant type password for wi-fi also cant open keyboard... Whats wrong?

Have you tried my GApps with "clean update"? Have you wiped dalvik cache?

PA GAAPPS not working for me, gonna try this one

EDIT: Not working for me :( Hnagouts crashing, cant add google account, Play store missing.. Whats up? .. Got same problems with GAPPS on CM 10.1

This will not work. I said that a lot of times. The guy who suggested these GApps packages, have Y300. For G300, you can't use these GApps.

Please use mine.

Is this official then? If so we've definitely had a good run, thanks again to you all who've kept my phone chugging along nicely :)

Yep, it's official: https://twitter.com/Dazzozo/status/421274131511128064

The nightlys are automatic build from CM source. So CM bug fixes keep coming, but there will be no device specific fixes until someone starts working on this device again.

ps: Updated GApps package and modules coming tonight.

Edited by rhen

Guest Tentmaster

Hey,what version of MIUI v5 u use?? please answer. I searching most stable v5, whicj is not laggy or smthing

Go to en.miui.com. You will get the latest version there. Do a clean install.

Edited by Tentmaster

Go to en.miui.com. You will get the latest version there. Do a clean install.

Can you be more precise please? 

I can't see G300/U8815 listed at all.

Maybe I'm just blind.... :(

http://en.miui.com/download-39.html

You have to edit the updater script (replace all U8818 to U8815) and /system/build.prop (replace all U8818 to U8815, set the default language to English instead of Chinese etc.) before install.

But this is another topic.

(if someone knows Genokolar, he may ask him to make a bulid config for G300. It can't be much work and the MIUI OTA would work.)

Edited by rhen

Guest Tentmaster

My apologies. I forgot about having to edit the updater script :blush: . The way I do that is to first download the rom to a folder in my pc.Double-click on it and your zip app will open the zip.. Then go to meta-inf/com/google/android. Open the Updater script in Notepad. Search along the 2 top lines for 8818 and change the last 8 to 5b everywhere the 8818 occurs. Then save the changes in Notepad. You will then be asked to save the changes in the archive. Click "Yes" and the exit out of the zip. You then copy the zip to the sd card in your phone. You can the install it whenever you wish.

The version I'm using is :miui_u8818_Geno_4.1.3_b524d7dd9a_4.1.zip. There are weekly updates released, but my experience is that I found it impossible to get the rom to accept the update.

When installed, go into Settings & turn off  CEP. The less the Chinese know about us, the better. Also its a waste of time signing up to MIUI Cloud. 

Apologies also for going waaayyy off topic.

Thanks guys. 

So change "8818" to "8815" or "8815b"?

I don't even have my G300 any more but am tempted to nick it back from the gf for a bit and try this.

On the other hand maybe I should leave well enough (CM7) alone for a quieter life... :D

Edited by dalyer