Expand G300 RAM memory

Guest GadanCika

Sounds like swap or zram to me.

See the link that I posted and search the forum and the web generally for more on this.

I think that some kernels have zram support but I don't know how it works, how well it works or what the pros and cons are.

Thats not possible. The SD card is not the same as the RAM of the G300 or any other phone.

You can use the swap/zram, but that doesn't give much more performence or "free ram"... And, in some cases, could mess up the partitions of the phone and brick it.

Guest GadanCika

My phone use up to 150Mb just for browser. No way put 2 things in same time, like browser and Viber, he close both. I am desperate! Have RAM booster but that dont help much. Task manager which autokill everything what not in use, and no big change. My RAM drop from 200 to 45-50 and all go to hell. I try 5 diferent ROMs and all same. For that i mean to someway increase RAM with SD card. Or whatever call that.

Guest penthaler

use zRAM (built in CM ROMs) and reduce the apps you are using or change some of them (alternatives). Some of them are great RAM eaters. You will see improvement ;)

Forget using SWAP, because it is only a placebo. System will close apps in the same way, doesnt matter if you have or dont have SWAP. And will be more laggy with swap, more crashes, freezing etc. 

My phone use up to 150Mb just for browser. No way put 2 things in same time, like browser and Viber, he close both. I am desperate! Have RAM booster but that dont help much. Task manager which autokill everything what not in use, and no big change. My RAM drop from 200 to 45-50 and all go to hell. I try 5 diferent ROMs and all same. For that i mean to someway increase RAM with SD card. Or whatever call that.

Maybe is time to look for a really good rom. =)

Guest GadanCika

Which CM is stable enough for each day use with working bluetooth, mobile and wireless network? Sick from changing over and over. Damn, i buy G300 to replace my LG L3 with Gingerbread. :(

P.S.- Have HYNIX memory if that mean some.

Edited by GadanCika

In my experience GB ROMs run best (most stable and smooth) on G300.

Admittedly I haven't kept up to date with all the latest and greatest versions of all ROMs lately though.

I'm running CM7 now and find it very good.