This GApps package is for Dazzozo's CM11 ROM.
It is based on Paranoid Android's modular micro package but has been adjusted to work well on Dazzozo's CM11 and fit on the G300's /system partition but it should work with any Android 4.4.x based ROM.
If you are an Y300/G510 owner, you can use PA's original modular mini package too.
Changes from the original PA GApps:
- It doesn't contain any app that is downloadable from Play Store. (Google Calendar Now inculded)
- Files needed for offline speech recognition in Google Search has been removed.
- News & Weather Widget removed.
- Addition modules: Google Search, Offline speech recognition files (only for en-US).
The GApps and all the modules available here:
Google Drive: http://goo.gl/NPIHvC
If you install it as an update from an earlier version than 2013-12-14 or a different version of gapps than Dazzozo's one or mine, or just want to make your installation clean, you can get everything work without loosing your data and apps, do the following:
- Download the latest nightly from http://getcm.thebronasium.com/
- Download the latest GApps
- Copy it to your SD card.
- Boot into CWM and format /system (under the mounts and storage options) and wipe dalvik cache. (not the factory reset, under the mount and storage options)
- Install the latest nightly then the latest gapps from your SD card.
- Optional: Install desired modules
Advice for installing modules:
Before install any module, update your GApps. Clean update method recommended.
Check if there is available space for your desired modules. If there is not enough space, install some removal module. Do not delete stuff manually! It may cause problems on ROM update!
You can install your modules if the following statement is true for your plan: Size of desired modules < size of removal modules + Free Space
- Free space on G300's /system with the 20140316 nightly and base GApps installed is 32MB. On Y300/G510 as far as I know, there is plenty of space available for all modules.
- Size of additional modules: Google Search (29MB), Offline speech recognition files (23MB).
- Size of removal modules: CMWallpapers (9,5MB), LiveWallpapers (1,5MB), VideoEditor (5,5MB), Bootanimation (1,7MB).
I want to thank Dazzozo and the contributors for the excellent KitKat ROM and Paranoid Android for the base GApps package.
If you have any question or idea, feel free to post it here. Don't use PM if it is possible.
Edited by rhen, Yesterday, 08:43 PM.