GApps for CM11 (last updated: 2015-03-13)

Guest rhen

Guest qwertyu123

Hello Rhen,

I just updated to nightly 09032014 and the google search module dissapeared again (I updated google search package to the one with the fixed script but it looks like it didn't work). Maybe it's just me... I just reinstalled and now it works well. On the other side it looks like the 09032014 nightly has increased size and hasn't got enough space on system partition to install google micro apps and google search.

Did you experience the same? I have a G300 as well

Hello Rhen,

I just updated to nightly 09032014 and the google search module dissapeared again (I updated google search package to the one with the fixed script but it looks like it didn't work). Maybe it's just me... I just reinstalled and now it works well. On the other side it looks like the 09032014 nightly has increased size and hasn't got enough space on system partition to install google micro apps and google search.

Did you experience the same? I have a G300 as well

Can you check the /system/addon.d/72-google-search.sh file?

It looks like the one that is in the search module installer? (contains the priv-app/Velvet.apk row)

There is enough space for search module. I have 32MB free space without the search module.

Maybe something is left from older gapps packages on you /system. Try to install it with the clean update method. Install the gapps package first, then the search module.

Edited by rhen

Guest qwertyu123

Can you check the /system/addon.d/72-google-search.sh file?

It looks like the one that is in the search module installer? (contains the priv-app/Velvet.apk row)

There is enough space for search module. I have 32MB free space without the search module.

Maybe something is left from older gapps packages on you /system. Try to install it with the clean update method. Install the gapps package first, then the search module.

Thanks!

Yes, my  /system/addon.d/72-google-search.sh contains the priv-app/Velvet.apk row

Probably it's time for a clean update.... After many updates nightlies and gapps, something is wrong...

I'll format system partition, and install everything from scratch... I'll post the result

Edited by qwertyu123

Guest IceTapanho

Anyone got the "ok Google" working on homescreen. Tried everything, change to US, offline speech, but can't get it working. Voice search works fine

Thanks!

Yes, my /system/addon.d/72-google-search.sh contains the priv-app/Velvet.apk row

Probably it's time for a clean update.... After many updates nightlies and gapps, something is wrong...

I'll format system partition, and install everything from scratch... I'll post the result

Just tried it with today's nightly and it works as excepted. So the problem is probably on your side.

May the clean update solve it.

Anyone got the "ok Google" working on homescreen. Tried everything, change to US, offline speech, but can't get it working. Voice search works fine

You ware able to successfully install both search module and offline speech files? I don't think there is enough space for installing the two.

Have you installed Google Now launcher from Play Store?

(I've never tried to get OK Google work. But in theory, you need this. It will work on the launcher. G300's hardware doesn't support this in standby (screen turned off).)

Edited by rhen

Guest qwertyu123

Just tried it with today's nightly and it works as excepted. So the problem is probably on your side.

May the clean update solve it.

Now, I have no claim about no free space.. so everything should be fine.

So problem should be solved! Thanks again

Guest IceTapanho

I installed speech files module and Google search and GNL from play store. In theory everything should works just fine. Or Goofle search module should be installed also?

I've searched on Google for more offline speech languages but could only find references for spanish, are there anymore or just EN-US?

I installed speech files module and Google search and GNL from play store. In theory everything should works just fine. Or Goofle search module should be installed also?

I've searched on Google for more offline speech languages but could only find references for spanish, are there anymore or just EN-US?

Is Google Now Launcher working for you with the Google Search installed from Play Store?

For me, it works only if the Google Search is installed to the system partition.

If I install it on the system partition, I don't have enough space left for the files needed for offline speech recognition.

I don't know if other languages available. Haven't searched for it.

Edited by rhen

Guest IceTapanho

Google Now Launcher works great with Google Search from Play Store except for the "Ok Google" thing.

Can't get both on system, not enough space. Can you make more removal modules? For example, remove TTS since there is one app from Google on Play Store, the AOSP browser or even the whisperpush. Something to get more space on system, but maybe I'm asking for the impossible and should buy a better phone

Edited by IceTapanho

Google Now Launcher works great with Google Search from Play Store except for the "Ok Google" thing. Can't get both on system, not enough space. Can you make more removal modules? For example, remove TTS since there is one app from Google on Play Store, the AOSP browser or even the whisperpush. Something to get more space on system, but maybe I'm asking for the impossible and should buy a better phone
I'm thinking on a different approach than delete modules, but I don't have time to get it work now. But it is on the "roadmap". Edited by rhen

Guest razor74

I want to intall(update) to the latest gpps - pa_gapps-modular-micro-4.4.2-20140307-signed , it give me error message that ia have insufficient space on system partition. Weird because  the same pachage i installed the first time when i  put this rom on phone ( somewhere in january).

I want to intall(update) to the latest gpps - pa_gapps-modular-micro-4.4.2-20140307-signed , it give me error message that ia have insufficient space on system partition. Weird because the same pachage i installed the first time when i put this rom on phone ( somewhere in january).

Because you don't have enogh space.

I don't know why you use the PA's gapps than write to this thread.

Install my package. It works fine.

Guest razor74

Yes. Worked. You can better put in place of Google calendar - aCalendar which have a better event sistem, birthdays reminder(sync with gmail acc too) and much better at all... And i forgot - no bugs. :)

Yes. Worked. You can better put in place of Google calendar - aCalendar which have a better event sistem, birthdays reminder(sync with gmail acc too) and much better at all... And i forgot - no bugs. :)

That calendar isn't Google.

This is a Google apps package that enable you to use Google services.

Any other customization will not part of this project.

Guest wackoj

One question, I have checked both links, Drive and Mediafire and the only package I found is called "pa_gapps-modular-really-micro-4.4.2-20140227-signed", I see that the last update of this gapps was in 06/03, so are these old?

One question, I have checked both links, Drive and Mediafire and the only package I found is called "pa_gapps-modular-really-micro-4.4.2-20140227-signed", I see that the last update of this gapps was in 06/03, so are these old?

No.

The packages on the links in the first post is always the latest. I just leave the date in the filename on what is the date of the base PA package.

"Ok Google" is working after last Google search update on play store

It's good to hear!

You don't need the offline speech recognition data anymore?

I'll make an updated version of search module later, but I wait for the Play Store update to able to make the updated search module and gapps at once.

I have read that it's coming. [link]