GApps for CM11 (last updated: 2015-03-13)

Guest rhen

Nice work, thanks!

Regarding the modules, it would be nice to have a module for Maps/streetview.

Yes, it'a available in Play, but that way it would be easy to save space for user apps putting Maps in system/app/ ...

This GApps package primarily packed for G300 that has a very limited space on /system. 5MB free space left after the base GApps installed.

All the Y300/G510 user can use PA's original GApps packages. They have plenty of space available.

But I will considering it.

An issue discovered, second post updated:

- Without Google Calendar, Calendar sync doesn't work with the AOSP Calendar app. Problem is that Google removed GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk and replaced with Google Calendar in all Official ROM started with 4.0.4. I will not provide this in the GApps package since it is obsoleted. If you want Calendar sync, install the Google Calendar module.

Edited by rhen

Hi again! Well, I tried the updated GApps, the one you added the Google play services. And the problem still persists. Is it me? Or the GApps?

It need to work. It works for me and murtagh too.

Have you installed the correct package what you have downloaded today?

It should be 44MB large. MD5 sum should be 6d0419d1fe7db0a5da60a38494e610d9

Edit: Just done a clean update and works for me.

I made something wrong yesterday. It already works, thanks :)

You must be do something wrong.

How did you update, you downloaded the right GApps?

Fixed! But it isn't installed like the normal way. Normal way was just wipe data/factory reset and install the GApps. It's not like that anymore.

How it is fixed, what was the problem?

You don't have to wipe data/factory reset to update GApps.

I try to make every version to able to update the previous version without formatting and wipe-ing anything.

In this case, If you have done a "Clean update" when installing the previous version, you should be able to update without wipe/format anything.

But clean update method should work every time without loosing any data.

Edited by rhen

Guest fonsecav

continuing this 
"fonsecav, on 16 Jan 2014 - 5:36 PM, said:

snapback.png

Hi guys!
First of all great work, so far this ROM seems to be ok.
I have just one problem and would like to know if it is mine only or not.
Currently i have the last version of the rom, 20140116, and the updated stripped version.
I also used some modules to delete both CMWallpapers and VideoEditor, and the one to add Google Calendar.
The problem is related with this one, i think, when i search for calendars to sync it just keeps loading without retrieving any results. Also, if i go to the sync options of the account through settings, it says that there was a sync error, and there is no entry to sync calendar.

Is there any specific order to add/delete modules that i might have done wrong, or is it some problem with the modules?
I would love to get this feature to work as it is very important to me, but other than that, i love this ROM.

Can you describe it what version of GApps do you use and what was the order of the GApps and module installation?
We can continue this thread in GApps thread."

Hi rhen.

So i installed the pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140111-stripped-signed.zip,  but the "new" one with the google account problem solved.

I think I first installed the google-calendar module, and then deleted CMWallpapers and VideoEditor.

In the sync menu, the symbol is red and says "sync error" and at the bottom of the screen says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Also, i performed a clean install.

Hi rhen.

So i installed the pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140111-stripped-signed.zip, but the "new" one with the google account problem solved.

I think I first installed the google-calendar module, and then deleted CMWallpapers and VideoEditor.

In the sync menu, the symbol is red and says "sync error" and at the bottom of the screen says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Also, i performed a clean install.

So you installed with this?

Wipe data/factory reset (for clean install only) -> format /system -> install latest nightly -> install gapps -> install google calendar -> remove CMWallpapers -> remove VideoEditor -> start phone and setup wizard.

It should work with this install, but I prefer the remove stuff before any module install.

Do you have Calendar Provider installed? (check in Settings -> Application -> All)

Try delete Calendar and Calendar provider data and starting google calendar after.

Guest fonsecav

So you installed with this?

Wipe data/factory reset (for clean install only) -> format /system -> install latest nightly -> install gapps -> install google calendar -> remove CMWallpapers -> remove VideoEditor -> start phone and setup wizard.

It should work with this install, but I prefer the remove stuff before any module install.

Do you have Calendar Provider installed? (check in Settings -> Application -> All)

Try delete Calendar and Calendar provider data and starting google calendar after.

Hi. I guess I had done a clean update and not a clean install.

I've done a clean install now, removing the modules before adding the calendar one and now everything looks ok.

Maybe the problem was caused by not doing the factory reset since i had the 10.2 installed.

Well, everything ok now, so thanks for your help and great work! :)

Hi. I guess I had done a clean update and not a clean install.

I've done a clean install now, removing the modules before adding the calendar one and now everything looks ok.

Maybe the problem was caused by not doing the factory reset since i had the 10.2 installed.

Well, everything ok now, so thanks for your help and great work! :)

wipe dalvik cache and/or delete Calendar and Calendar provider data and starting google calendar after didn't helped?

GApps updated.

Now check free space available on /system before install and writes a log file about install to SD card thanks to PA guys.

The space checking will be included in the modules soon, too.

Edited by rhen

Guest fonsecav

wipe dalvik cache and/or delete Calendar and Calendar provider data and starting google calendar after didn't helped?

No. Tried that before doing the factory reset and it didn't work.

Guest solrakk6

which gapps i must choose for the last build CM11 I ve tried with the v21 but i get error. not enought space with gapps 17/01
I ve tried other gapps but i cant install anyone

which gapps i must choose for the last build CM11 I ve tried with the v21 but i get error. not enought space with gapps 17/01

I ve tried other gapps but i cant install anyone

This GApps is fine.

Have you tried formatting the system partition as described in the "Clean update" section?

Guest JohnnY aka M.A.W

Hi, I have a Huawei Ascend G300 with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.2 kit-kat) it is running very well.
I can do evertything except I can create or acess a google account.
I can't even acess anything that involves google.

Help

What version of gapps package do you use?

The problem you described seems like Google Play services isn't installed on you system.

This was a problem with the 2014-01-12 version.

If you use this version, please update it to the latest one.

If you have used gapps from some other source, please use the "clean update" method to install the latest version of this gapps.

thanks for this gapps i'm using 17/1 build and working good

but PA Gapps updated today you will update your gapps or not?

They just changed how the free space check work.

But I plan make an updated version of mine later this week.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest wards5150

Hi rhen. I have been on 4.4 since before Christmas and haven't had any issues. Thanks for your gapps sorted problems with play store after a cm update. Boredom has led me to try to get okay Google working. I have installed new search update which should enable hotword for UK. But I can't get it to work. Tried installing your voice add on files thinking that was the answer but it still eludes me. Any ideas.

Hi rhen. I have been on 4.4 since before Christmas and haven't had any issues. Thanks for your gapps sorted problems with play store after a cm update. Boredom has led me to try to get okay Google working. I have installed new search update which should enable hotword for UK. But I can't get it to work. Tried installing your voice add on files thinking that was the answer but it still eludes me. Any ideas.

AFAIK OK Google feature works with the Google Experience Launcher only. So you need that too.

But I don't know where you can get 35 MB free space on /system to install both voice search files and the GEL. If you install all my delete modules gives you only 27MB free space.

You can try delete stuff that you don't need, but after it, the OTA ROM update can mess things up.

Another option to give me a list that you wish to delete and maybe I make a delete zip for it.

Or just add your files in one of the delete module's backup script in /system/addon.d.

Guest wards5150

AFAIK OK Google feature works with the Google Experience Launcher only. So you need that too.

But I don't know where you can get 35 MB free space on /system to install both voice search files and the GEL. If you install all my delete modules gives you only 27MB free space.

You can try delete stuff that you don't need, but after it, the OTA ROM update can mess things up.

Another option to give me a list that you wish to delete and maybe I make a delete zip for it.

Or just add your files in one of the delete module's backup script in /system/addon.d.[/quote

Guest wards5150

Or just add your files in one of the delete module's backup script in /system/addon.d.

Cheers for the quick reply. I have the gel launcher installed. It is now called Google now launcher. I seem to be missing settings in the voice search section. It must be part of the full gapps. I noticed you have a newer gapps package available. Can I flash this over the old one without any wipes. Okay Google is not that important.

Cheers for the quick reply. I have the gel launcher installed. It is now called Google now launcher. I seem to be missing settings in the voice search section. It must be part of the full gapps. I noticed you have a newer gapps package available. Can I flash this over the old one without any wipes. Okay Google is not that important.

You successfully flashed Google now launcher and offline speech recognition files? How have you made space for that?

You can update to the latest version with the "clean update" method described in the first post. It doesn't delete your stuff.

Guest wards5150

You successfully flashed Google now launcher and offline speech recognition files? How have you made space for that?

You can update to the latest version with the "clean update" method described in the first post. It doesn't delete your stuff.

Yes I have had Gel installed since daz released kit kat. Got the apk from somewhere out there on the net. It is only about 11mb. I still have about 80mb free after installing both. Still no option for hit word detection in voice settings though. What is the speech recognition files supposed to do because I can't see any change or am I missing something? Edited by wards5150