24 replies to this topic

irishpancake

irishpancake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy SIII GT-I9300

I'm sure this parsing package error is because the permissions for /storage are not set properly,

and for some reason can not be changed, they just revert after rebooting ?

this here is how they should be, (on my nexus 5)

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-12-16-15-04-24.png

and this is how they are on the Moto G

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-12-16-14-40-19.png

Since Motorola have supposedly fixed this in an OTA, i'm not going to waste any more time with this problem as i'm out of ideas anyway.

so for now... while we wait for the GB update (would not use the others available as they change modem files, which might be country specific) 

here is an empty flashable.zip which you can open with winrar or 7zip and copy all your apk to it and flash in recovery (ideal for batch)

1.) open the .zip by double clicking on it 

2.) open the data/app folder and drag & drop all your .apk onto it

3.) close, add to sdcard and flash in recovery (no wipes)

attachicon.gifAppInstaller.zip

I can't understand why anyone would need to do this, the flashable zip solution, or indeed uploading apk's to dropbox....

Simply move or copy the downloaded apk to /  .....your internal memory root, with a root explorer, and flash from there...you can delete the apk after installation.

I have not found any apk which refuses to install in that location, even though they give the parsing error in the downloaded location, on /mnt/sdcard wherever the apk is by default when downloaded.

Now got Galaxy S III I9300 ...and Momo11 Bird Tablet running Christian Troy CM9....the wife has an Ascend g300 running?? Stock+ R6 from Cyda!!

Get Dropbox....Please click and get 2GB free plus 250Mb for referral...Dropbox is useful

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

I can't understand why anyone would need to do this, the flashable zip solution, or indeed uploading apk's to dropbox....

Simply move or copy the downloaded apk to /  .....your internal memory root, with a root explorer, and flash from there...you can delete the apk after installation.

I have not found any apk which refuses to install in that location, even though they give the parsing error in the downloaded location, on /mnt/sdcard wherever the apk is by default when downloaded.

like i said, its ideal for batch installing apps.

for instance, people who have all there apps backed up on there computer can simply add them all to the zip and have them installed in seconds, 

doing what you say above is ok for a few apps, but not very practical if your wanting to restore 30+ apps or something

not to mention if your flashing roms that require a full wipe you can easily flash the zip straight after and have all your apps installed at boot

no messing around having to manually move them and then installing them all again. 

reali

reali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:moto G

so what i want to know, the people who flashed the rom but said they still could not install apk's, did you "really" do wipe data factory reset before installing it ?

hi tillaz, first time I'm flashed (Infusion B2) just as you wrote in instructions (Flash the rom in recovery -> wipe data / factory reset -> flash the SuperSU.zip -> reboot) it worked ok but I had a package parsing problem. Then I've seen your message ("did you "really" do wipe data factory reset before installing it") and then I made the wipe data factory reset -> Flash the rom in recovery -> wipe data / factory reset -> flash the SuperSU.zip -> reboot, but it is not worked.

Even "adb install ..." don't working, so it is a problem.

How can we fix it? or just return to stock?

ps did you build ROM from sources or just modified the system partition from the stock rom?

plewis1981

plewis1981

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Technoligy, F1 and Cycling
  • Devices:Moto G
  • Twitter:@plewis1981

here is an empty flashable.zip which you can open with winrar or 7zip and copy all your apk to it and flash in recovery (ideal for batch) 1.) open the .zip by double clicking on it 2.) open the data/app folder and drag & drop all your .apk onto it3.) close, add to sdcard and flash in recovery (no wipes) attachicon.gifAppInstaller.zip

Which recovery do you recommend, as I see recoverys are still buggy and not sure which to go for

Edited by plewis1981, 30 December 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect :)

If I have helped you PLEASE Press the +1 button
and don't forget to push the Dev's +1 buttons to.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

cwm works fine for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users