[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

When I'm calling, the screen goes black, and it stays black as I speak to the other person. If I push the button on the top of the phone, nothing happens. When call is ending, I can see the screen angain. How can I fix this problem?

Guest anonymous-user77

When I'm calling, the screen goes black, and it stays black as I speak to the other person. If I push the button on the top of the phone, nothing happens. When call is ending, I can see the screen angain. How can I fix this problem?

When you take a call (not on speaker phone) and you put phone to your ear the screen will go blank/black until you take it away from your ear if however the phone doesnt wakeup and can`t see screen normally there is a problem.  What rom you using? could be the sensor on the front of your phone (top left) that`s faulty or just a simple case of re-flashing your rom <<<<<< probably re-flash the rom delete cache/dalvic reboot, but dont forget to back it up first

Edited by anonymous-user77

When you take a call (not on speaker phone) and you put phone to your ear the screen will go blank/black until you take it away from your ear if however the phone doesnt wakeup and can`t see screen normally there is a problem.  What rom you using? could be the sensor on the front of your phone (top left) that`s faulty or just a simple case of re-flashing your rom <<<<<< probably re-flash the rom delete cache/dalvic reboot, but dont forget to back it up first

I use this ROM: cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

One more question. Is there any way to reach the usb storage? Because I only see the SD card.

Edited by sambora

Guest anonymous-user77

I use this ROM: cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

One more question. Is there any way to reach the usb storage? Because I only see the SD card.

Ok and has it always been a problem or just recently?

and internal usb storage answer  http://www.modaco.com/topic/367241-devrom27-cyanogenmod-11-android-444/#entry2182727 FAQ`s

Ok and has it always been a problem or just recently?

and internal usb storage answer  http://www.modaco.com/topic/367241-devrom27-cyanogenmod-11-android-444/#entry2182727 FAQ`s

I installed the rom to my phone two times, but i have noticed the black screen mistake both times. I only did factory reset and fromat system and I run the zip file. What did I do wrongly? I think the sensor might be wrong. Because with the original rom, when i put the phone to my ear the screen was lighting, so the sensor is the problem.

Edited by sambora

Guest anonymous-user77

I installed the rom to my phone two times, but i have noticed the black screen mistake both times. I only did factory reset and fromat system and I run the zip file. What did I do wrongly? I think the sensor might be wrong. Because with the original rom, when i put the phone to my ear the screen was lighting, so the sensor is the problem.

what phone model is it and region you bought phone as there are variants I believe, it could be a driver sensor issue......if you go back to stock rom does it work properly? 

what phone model is it and region you bought phone as there are variants I believe, it could be a driver sensor issue......if you go back to stock rom does it work properly? 

I went back to stock rom and it doesnt work properly. Its a ZTE Blade III.

Guest anonymous-user77

I went back to stock rom and it doesnt work properly. Its a ZTE Blade III.

then we both know its a sensor problem and should be sent back for repair/replacement................

I cant instal enything on my blade 3 :( It gives me error (status 7) no matter what rom try. Pls Help!

That's because you haven't read the instructions carefully. You need to update your cwm before...

Do you get a reading from the proximity sensor? Some Acquas have had problems with this but afaik Blade III's should work. I just only posted the old workaroud on the previous page...

@KonstaT are you accepting patches/pull requests for this device via github for some optional extras? I have a couple I`d like to add

Yes, you can send pull requests via github.

Guest anonymous-user77

Thanks I will sort them out today/tomorrow.

Do you get a reading from the proximity sensor? Some Acquas have had problems with this but afaik Blade III's should work. I just only posted the old workaroud on the previous page...

Yes, you can send pull requests via github.

@sambora KonstaT pointed out the proximity sensor fix that might help http://www.modaco.com/topic/360987-devrom179-cyanogenmod-101-android-422/page-8#entry2113446 although I have the Blade III (uk) and no problems at all, hence why I asked if it workde with the Original stock rom you got with it (should have worked)

Guest MJonMoDaCo

It's that proximity calibrator again ^^

The timing... so unintentional...

Some more goodies here... The file you're after is in the Acqua folder, although I'm sure the one Anonymous sent you to is still live...

Although I'm really perplexed since you have a Blade... As KonstaT said it's not the usual.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest powerisevil

Got this error while installing rom:

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

(Status 7)

Anyone else got this as well? Anyone can help me to correct this and apply the rom? Thanks in advance, big up Konstant!

Guest Krityu

Got this error while installing rom:

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

(Status 7)

Anyone else got this as well? Anyone can help me to correct this and apply the rom? Thanks in advance, big up Konstant!

you need 6.0.4.9 CWM

Hey  buddy! Would you be so kind to explain how you did it? Is it managed through "Privacy" settings or somewhere else? I keep my "Location" (main option) OFF by default. Thanx!

...I found that it was infact Gapps gpslocationprovider wakelock not being able to sync GPS location for device and causing screen wake 75% of the time, now location is on for "device only" the battery is lasting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer.

Edited by Vertu

Guest kwstas1979

Greetings

I have ZTE Blade III (fw 4.0.4) and I'd like to flash it with this custom ROM (2.7).

It's the first time I'm trying to flash custom ROM so I've got a few questions, please:

Based on posts #1 and #3 (how to install) it says: 

You will need updated recovery image (CWM, TWRP) to install this build!!!

and

• boot into ClockWorkMod
  • backup and restore -> backup (makes a nandroid backup of your previous ROM)
  • mounts and storage -> format /system
  • wipe data and factory reset
  • install cm-11-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
  • install gapps-kk-xxxxxxxx-signed.zip
  • reboot now

So, the first quote means that first of all I have to install Android SDK, and using that to install CWM and TWRP to the phone ?
And for the second quote, the step #1 "boot into ClockWorkMod", means (based on this guide) that I have to:

Also. do you know if the USB drivers work ok in win8.1 x64 ?

Edited by kwstas1979

Guest kwstas1979

And where are you going to find custom 2.7 rom? P.S. What is 2.7 rom, are you thinking about 2.3.7? O.o

I meant 2.7 of CyanogenMod 11, of course. Android 4.4.4

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Greetings

I have ZTE Blade III (fw 4.0.4) and I'd like to flash it with this custom ROM (2.7).

It's the first time I'm trying to flash custom ROM so I've got a few questions, please:

Based on posts #1 and #3 (how to install) it says:

and

So, the first quote means that first of all I have to install Android SDK, and using that to install CWM and TWRP to the phone ?

And for the second quote, the step #1 "boot into ClockWorkMod", means (based on this guide) that I have to:

Also. do you know if the USB drivers work ok in win8.1 x64 ?

Firstly, don't use that website, as it has outdated version of CWM. This version needs the one from the 1st post, and since you have the original stock ROM on your phone, you're going to come unstuck.

Go here. It has better USB drivers and a rooting program. Install the drivers, then use the rooting program. Then, get the CWM from the first post, and not from the website you found, as that's an outdated version of CWM.

If you want to use your phone (you don't HAVE to use PC) then get the terminal emulator from the play store, and do the following:

Su

dd if=/mnt/sdcard/recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.IMG of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

Try it and report back with any issues. Good luck.

Edit: Oh yeah - you'll need USB debugging on for the rooting process. Should have said so sooner ;)

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest kwstas1979

I just finished flashing, and now I've got Android 4.4.4. I'm glad :D

Great thanks and respect to KonstaT for his tremendous work :)

Firstly, don't use that website, as it has outdated version of CWM. This version needs the one from the 1st post, and since you have the original stock ROM on your phone, you're going to come unstuck.

Go here. It has better USB drivers and a rooting program. Install the drivers, then use the rooting program. Then, get the CWM from the first post, and not from the website you found, as that's an outdated version of CWM.

If you want to use your phone (you don't HAVE to use PC) then get the terminal emulator from the play store, and do the following:

Su
dd if=/mnt/sdcard/recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.IMG of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

Try it and report back with any issues. Good luck.

Edit: Oh yeah - you'll need USB debugging on for the rooting process. Should have said so sooner ;)

Thanks a lot for your helpful post!

Just a few notes though, about the rooting procedure:

it proved that zteblade3.com has the newest drivers of all.

In fact it had 5.2066.1.A14B04

while, the dropbox link you gave has B02

and even the ZTE site has B01.

Anyway, the problem was, using either of the above drivers (starting with B02, as you suggested)

with the unlockbootloader.exe tool (launched as admin) you suggested,

the rooting wouldn't work:

after I pressed "root your phone" it started the procedure,

but, it was displaying some errors among successful messages, and it exited automatically,

and the rooting didn't succeed.

On the other hand, the procedure described in zteblade.com worked great.

After the rooting, I used Terminal Emulator to flash CWM (recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.img).

Then following the instructions, I booted to CWM, did backup and format,

and then, what made me afraid a bit,

was that, during "wipe data and factory reset", the phone rebooted by itself, and hung at the android logo.

No big deal though; I turned it off, then starting it again with power+vol.up and it started CWM

and did once more "wipe data and factory reset" which now completed successfully.

Then finally I flashed the cm and gapp ZIPs.

Edited by kwstas1979