Photo

[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

* * * * * 29 votes

1240 replies to this topic

Guest_Jowat_*

Guest_Jowat_*
  • Guests

Delete this Post

Edited by Jowat, 09 November 2014 - 12:44 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

@KonstaT If I don't istall "gapps-kk-core-20140608.zip" can I still install apps from the Google Play Store like YouTube, WhatsApp, Facebook and co.? Gapps-kk.core only includes Google Mail, Google Maps, Google Voice Search and co. and I don't need that.

You've completely misunderstood this. You can't have Play Store or any Google apps (including YouTube) if you don't install Gapps package! You can install apps from other stores (e.g. Amazon, F-Droid, etc) as well as apk-files. Some third party (non-Google) apps also depend on the Google services framework (maps/location APIs, cloud messaging, in-app purchases, etc), so those apps don't work without Gapps package either.

gapps-kk-core-20140608.zip doesn't include Gmail, Maps, Google Search, YouTube, or any other Google apps that can be installed from the Play Store. It only has the core Google services frameworks, Play Store, and what is necessary for setting up and syncing your Google account (Contacs, Calendar, etc).

Vertu

Vertu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III

Earlier this evening, I've installed cm-11-20140607. Geez, so much options to mess arround with! :D At the moment, it works like a charm.Thanx a lot KonstaT.

bezkintos

bezkintos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3

Hi KonstaT!

Great work!

I have noticed only one problem with wi-fi so I would like to ask here if you or anybody else have experienced the same.

It seems that if you set wi-fi on "keep wi-fi on during sleep only when plugged in" or "never", and leave the phone for 19 minutes (NOT plugged in), after that when it wakes it doesn't start wi-fi automatically. And if you try to enter the wi-fi settings, the wi-fi crashes (you end up at home screen with message that settings has stopped responding or something like that). The only way to make it work again is to do wi-fi off / wi-fi on before entering the wi-fi settings. After that wi-fi starts to work normally and you can without any problem enter the wi-fi settings and it doesn't crash any more (until you left the phone to sleep again for more than 19 minutes). If you use your phone before 19th minute has expired than wi-fi works normally.

Here is my device info

Here is the part of the logfile

I have noticed message in log file:  "WifiStateMachine(497): Driver start failed"  at time 19:27:59.991 and again at 19:28:10.030

That's the approximate time when I have waked the phone and where it should start the wi-fi, so I believe this messages have something to do with it.

I reinstalled 4.4.3. twice - it happenes every time.

I have the same problem with 4.4.3 and 4.4.4. It seems nobody else has this problem (or everyone keeps their 'keep wi-fi on during sleep' setting to "always" - so are unable to experience the problem), but I found the workaround using one simple app Screen Off Wifi Off so I want to share it here if anybody ever in the future stumble upon this problem. What this app do is that while you keep your wi-fi during sleep setting to "always" it turns OFF the wifi when you put your phone to sleep and turns it ON when you wake your phone. By doing so, you have the same effect like if you keep your 'keep wi-fi on during sleep' setting to "never".

Cheers!

Edited by bezkintos, 06 July 2014 - 12:14 AM.

Guest_Jowat_*

Guest_Jowat_*
  • Guests

Delete this Post

CyberTechSRB

CyberTechSRB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3

my wifi not work too.stuck at turning on and must reboot to turn it on :P

bezkintos

bezkintos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3

my wifi not work too.stuck at turning on and must reboot to turn it on :P

If you have the same problem as I have, than the only setting that will not cause you phone to crash is 'keep wi-fi on during sleep' set to "always". But than you have other problem that wifi will drain your battery. That's why I use the app mentioned in my previous post. It simulates manual turning wifi OFF before putting phone to sleep, and turning wifi ON after waking it up >>> this is exactly what the phone should do by itself if wifi during sleep setting is set to "never" or "only when plugged in" (>>during the time it is not plugged in)

Edited by bezkintos, 06 July 2014 - 12:36 AM.

Arijan001

Arijan001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade III
  • Twitter:@Arijan

Everything works perfect. Thanks KonstaT

http://imgur.com/b3R1eIy

Edited by Arijan001, 06 July 2014 - 12:31 AM.

mimmo89

mimmo89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:zte md droid

Good morning, it is true that it is coming ANDROID L on our device?

dubstep774

dubstep774

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Good morning, it is true that it is coming ANDROID L on our device?

KonstaT did mention something about "If the source code for Android L comes out". We will just have to wait & see

mimmo89

mimmo89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:zte md droid

KonstaT did mention something about "If the source code for Android L comes out". We will just have to wait &

thanks for the reply friendly

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

KonstaT did mention something about "If the source code for Android L comes out". We will just have to wait & see

There was no if in what I said. It's just something completely pointless to even discuss before it is officially released (with the complete source code pushed to AOSP). Knowing how stretched this device is even with KitKat (and adding that I have absolutely no reason to port L to this device), you shouldn't get your hopes up.

How about you ask that 4-5 months later when L-version (and it's source code) is released...

http://www.cyanogenm...-l-is-for-later

dubstep774

dubstep774

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

There was no if in what I said. You shouldn't get your hopes up.

A wise man once said "Hope always dies Last!". I don't think I have to say anything more XD

CyberTechSRB

CyberTechSRB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3

can i put 32 gb UHS micro SD on this device?

dubstep774

dubstep774

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

can i put 32 gb UHS micro SD on this device?

Bro I had a 32 GB SD card in this phone from the moment I bought it! Although I don't know the difference between UHC Micro SD and a normal Micro SD.
Eddit: I just checked and mine is a Samsung 32 GB HC Micro SD

Edited by dubstep774, 06 July 2014 - 01:52 PM.

KoleHR

KoleHR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE III

Installed 4.4.4 and works great. There is layout change in contact menuand it's nice :D

So we shouldn't hope for Android L ?

EDIT: Why i can't swipe right or left in status bar? In lower version i could do that :/

Edited by KoleHR, 06 July 2014 - 02:12 PM.

dubstep774

dubstep774

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Installed 4.4.4 and works great. There is layout change in contact menuand it's nice :D
So we shouldn't hope for Android L ?

EDIT: Why i can't swipe right or left in status bar? In lower version i could do that :/

Yep tht's prety much what KonstaT said (we shouldn't hope).
As far as the status bar swiping I found out that now it only works when you hold the white banner at the bottom and swipe on it.

KoleHR

KoleHR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

It's such a shame. Android L will have a bunch of new features, including longer battery life :/

But, wi will hope for it :D

Guest_Jowat_*

Guest_Jowat_*
  • Guests

Delete this Post

KoleHR

KoleHR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Anyone knows what is the best camera for android ?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users