[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest sbojanc

I won't be changing my ol' ZTE for some time in the future, thanks to you all.

I've noticed that I can't stop:

process "Themes"

service "NotificationHijackingService".

Sounds scary, a?

And second: how I can add some features in Profiles and Apollo? Like brightness setting and fade in-fade out, respectively.

I would like to have a try.

Guest kwstas1979

I've updated to the new build by Otila (thanks!) three days ago and I'd like to report that, phone was working alright

but unfortunately, today it rebooted some hours ago by itself, while being idle.

If it's of any help I attach a log of:  logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

which of course was done after the reboot, just now.

(My phone had never random reboots with the latest KonstaT build; I had it for near a month).

One more thing:

yesterday I had the phone in airplane mode for a few hours.

When I disabled the airplane mode, the WiFi would not turn on again

neither via the WiFi tile icon (that appear when you drag the notification drawer and press the upper right button), nor toggling it in Settings,

no matter how many times I tried.

The only solution was to reboot the phone.

So, I re-flashed the latest KonstaT build (after CWR > format /system > wipe data+factory reset).

Today's version has several security fixes, incl CVE-2014-7911

cm-11-20141119-UNOFFICIAL-atlas40.zip

md5sum e0a4de2ac8c5ce63ec5f2742879c90d9

keccak512 4ea955c8ac4418105956fe73a3ccaacb913955d6de16a352c626ed05d80be127efa958e3b1b99d5648d056e3c5d8c76634bb9969ff12e31e72b671f242bc8e6e

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9h02pRWKaODbUNXMEdIMHVvZkU/view?usp=sharing

Guest kwstas1979

I've noticed that after installing Viber the phone freezes.

To reproduce:
after flashing the latest KonstaT build (after CWR > format /system > wipe data+factory reset), i.e the phone is in it's default state:
install Viber via Google Play,
then tap on the icon to start it:
the phone freezes to the point where I have to pull out the battery in order to restart I.
And, even after I restart it , it hangs (it's almost irresponsible) right after I insert the PIN.
The only way to solve this, is to reboot in Safe Mode:

• Press the Power button on the phone.
  • Long-press the Reboot option on the screen.
  • When the Reboot to safe mode message pops up, tap the OK button to continue.
  • Wait for the phone to restart. It will automatically boot into the safe mode after that.

and while in Safe Mode to uninstall Viber. Then reboot phone.

PS. I suspect that the two issues I had reported in here (especially the random reboot)
had to do with having installed Viber.

Edited by kwstas1979

Guest mmadjer

The same happened to me yesterday after updateing. First I didn't know what is causing this because I did several app updates. I had the backup so my solution was to restore from backup...

EDIT: there is a new update of viber from today, version 5.11.42 but the issue is not resolved so I recomend not to update viber for some time...

Edited by mmadjer

Guest kwstas1979

Would there be anything useful given by logcat before the reboot happens?

No, it doesn't help, because, if you just install Viber, it only copies the program files to the phone:

there are no running processes (I checked in Settings>APPS>RUNNING and CACHED) and the program itself is not activated

unless you run it.

The program begins from the moment you tap on the Viber icon to launch it.

Edited by kwstas1979

The program begins from the moment you tap on the Viber icon to launch it.

Yes. But are there logs between the launch and reboot?

You know you can run "adb logcat" and it spits out messages as it receives them? Then just start Viber while it is running..

Guest kwstas1979

Yes. But are there logs between the launch and reboot?

You know you can run "adb logcat" and it spits out messages as it receives them? Then just start Viber while it is running..

No, I didn't know that. Thanks.

So, here you go:

for the sake of helping with this I made 2 logs (I uploaded them in a ZIP ):

the 1st (log1.txt) is for the interval from the moment I  started Viber until I pressed the power button to reboot, and

the 2nd (log2.txt) is for the next interval (after rebooting) from the moment after inserting PIN,

then waiting for a couple of minutes (~ 4 mins after) until the PIN screen changes into the cyanogenmod wallpaper -the big lightblue circle- ,

then (~8 mins in total) shows the cyanogenmod "alien" logo with the twisting arrow as if it's rebooting (although it didn't ask for a PIN again)

and eventually (~11 mins in total) shows all the icon shortcuts, but it's still slow as If it's been freeze if you open an app.

PS. I've re-flashed the phone using your latest build from 11/19. The logs are from using that.

logs 1+2.zip

Edited by kwstas1979

No, I didn't know that. Thanks.

So, here you go:

for the sake of helping with this I made 2 logs (I uploaded them in a ZIP ):

the 1st (log1.txt) is for the interval from the moment I  started Viber until I pressed the power button to reboot, and

the 2nd (log2.txt) is for the next interval (after rebooting) from the moment after inserting PIN,

then waiting for a couple of minutes (~ 4 mins after) until the PIN screen changes into the cyanogenmod wallpaper -the big lightblue circle- ,

then (~8 mins in total) shows the cyanogenmod "alien" logo with the twisting arrow as if it's rebooting (although it didn't ask for a PIN again)

and eventually (~11 mins in total) shows all the icon shortcuts, but it's still slow as If it's been freeze if you open an app.

PS. I've re-flashed the phone using your latest build from 11/19. The logs are from using that.

There were lots of these:

E/VENC_OMX( 1609): OMX_VENC_MSG_HIGH get_parameter::894 OMX_IndexParamVideoPortFormat 

this can be a bug in libstagefright..  

/data/anr/traces.txt might have some details, or it might not.  :huh:

"logcat -v time" shows logs with timestamps.

seems also Nexus 5 has similar problems with viber:
It's hard to debug if it just reboots..  well, good night for now.  :D

Guest kwstas1979

There were lots of these:

E/VENC_OMX( 1609): OMX_VENC_MSG_HIGH get_parameter::894 OMX_IndexParamVideoPortFormat 

this can be a bug in libstagefright..  

/data/anr/traces.txt might have some details, or it might not.  :huh:

"logcat -v time" shows logs with timestamps.

seems also Nexus 5 has similar problems with viber:
It's hard to debug if it just reboots..  well, good night for now.  :D

Here are the 2 logs again, now with timestamps.

But this time, during the 2nd log, it hang during the big lightblue circle so I had to stop the logging with Ctrl+C.

In the new ZIP it's also the traces.txt you mentioned.

log1+2 + traces.zip

Edited by kwstas1979

Guest hbogdanov

Hi, do somebody knows why when updating some applications (for ex. Google earth) I receive “Insufficient storage available” error, although my phone shows 1.35GB available internal storage?

This doesn't happen when updating some bigger applications as for ex. Chrome.

Guest Redmond

Screenshot05-47PMnov252014.png

How i resolve this bug on Browser, when i navigate in site the images have this bug :OO

Try using other browsers like chrome, firefox etc...

It may be just problem with stock browser in this ROM.

Also try waiting a few moments so browser can load everything.

Guest sustikla

Viber freeze my blade3 on cm11 and on cm10 too.

I also have this image bug in default browser (but not in any other browser). When I zoom-in/zoom-out in default browser I can find "zoom level" where the images are normal. The problem is that the same bug occurs in some applications that display images from the Internet and that does not help disable/change default browsers or anything like that. I think that the problem only occurs with images with large resolution.

Guest KonstaT

How i resolve this bug on Browser, when i navigate in site the images have this bug :OO

I also have this image bug in default browser (but not in any other browser). When I zoom-in/zoom-out in default browser I can find "zoom level" where the images are normal. The problem is that the same bug occurs in some applications that display images from the Internet and that does not help disable/change default browsers or anything like that. I think that the problem only occurs with images with large resolution.

How about using the forum's wonderful search function first. This has been explained several times already. It's an issue with the built-in webview and affects all apps that use it. It doesn't affect browsers/apps that have their own web rendering engine (e.g. Firefox has gecko engine).

1) Use another browser

2) Use Android 4.4.2

3) Use a device that can utilize modern GPU drivers and doesn't rely on using hacked/deprecated/forward ported webview that it shouldn't be using in the first place.

Guest Le Cosaque

Great rom dude! But my Wi-Fi isn't working, how can i fix this?

For no bugs, when you are flashing it, you should format system, data i cache partitions from Recovery and wipe dalvik cache, then flash rom and do a factory reset and flash gaps. No bugs :)

Guest KonstaT

For no bugs, when you are flashing it, you should format system, data i cache partitions from Recovery and wipe dalvik cache, then flash rom and do a factory reset and flash gaps. No bugs :)

That's not what it says on the installation instructions on the third post!

What's the point in wiping/formatting the same thing three times? Doing a factory reset in recovery already formats your /cache partition and wipes dalvik cache wherever it's stored. Formatting each partition once is enough (factory reset + format /system).

Guest Dagonlie

That's not what it says on the installation instructions on the third post!

What's the point in wiping/formatting the same thing three times? Doing a factory reset in recovery already formats your /cache partition and wipes dalvik cache wherever it's stored. Formatting each partition once is enough (factory reset + format /system).

Thanks man it worked!