Photo

[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

* * * * * 29 votes

1112 replies to this topic

Krityu

Krityu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
  • Twitter:@Krityu_

And if you read/searched the thread, you'd know I've already answered to that.

Oh that's mean.  :blush:  Sorry my fault. :blush:

Anyway that's just little bug me, i just read news. :ninja:

vuj1ca

vuj1ca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade III

And why would I fake something like this? Where do you see it being charged 25-30 percent in that evenly decreasing graph? And since my screenshots are not real, here's an older one when it was over two weeks between charges. :P Without that reboot (ROM update?) in between it would have lasted even longer...

Like I've already said several times, I don't use this device for anything anymore. It just sits on 2G mobile standby most of the time. Wifi is of course turned off when I don't need it. Display had been on for total of eight minutes and I had used my device as a mp3 player to listen to one album (~45min). Sitting in airplane mode battery would stay alive easily for over a month (maybe even two).

All I'm saying if you have issues with battery life, figure out what's causing the problem for you. Coming here and you posting 'halp, battery drain very fast, pls fix asap' without any additional information certainly doesn't help anyone!

I never write like that, i always back my posts with facts !!!

I posted a screenshots from better battery stats, battery info and so on...

The problem with battery on this rom is on 4.4 android side, and it's not just me. Other forums are full with this kind of problem, where google services are keeping phone from sleep...

I was running clean rom without any other apps from my side, and the drain starts almost a couple of minutes after rom instalation.

Sometimes it's fixed when phone is charged to 100%, but it strikes again in a couple of days...

Google badword up kit kat, services are going wild, and untill update, there will be no better battery life.

Sometimes it's just a bad app, but that is easy to track.

But when google play starts to make troubles, there is nothing you can do.

Google transport manager, google acount manager, google play services, phone( :ph34r: ) are just a few services that are keeping phone awake, for no reason...

One day is google transport manager. Then after a day or two, google  play services starts to drain...

My awake line is solid, and restarting and clean instalations of other builds are just waste of time... Nothing is changed...

With the latest build, it happens only 2 or 3 times, but it's still there. 

msigmond

msigmond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi KonstaT,

I am wondering if you had an Android L rom for Blade III in this early phase?

Many thanks for the many roms you already gave us.

Marton

kresimirn

kresimirn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3

hey konsta, little help maybe?

using your roms from a being of time :)

installed this 4.4.4 and NEVER (i think, maybe, once or two times from THE beginning) crashed or restarted 3 times in 5 days.

So, i installed logcat so i can give you log....but...logcat started reading logs, and keeps crashing, cant do anything....tried logviewer, keeps reading indefinitely, what to do

_

recording with logcat extreme.....will it continue when phone shuts down,reboot?

Edited by kresimirn, 13 July 2014 - 06:54 PM.

laciegy

laciegy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:zte blade III

installed this 4.4.4 and NEVER (i think, maybe, once or two times from THE beginning) crashed or restarted 3 times in 5 days.
So, i installed logcat so i can give you log....but...logcat started reading logs, and keeps crashing, cant do anything....tried logviewer, keeps reading indefinitely, what to do

_
recording with logcat extreme.....will it continue when phone shuts down,reboot?

U should go to cwm and make a full wipe(wipe the cache,data) after format the system and install the android again

asko116

asko116

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Q: When I'm connected with an USB cable to my computer, I can't see my internal sdcard as a storage, why?

A: I've made an executive decision not to include a mount point for internal sdcard. This is because recent Android versions don't allow setting emulated sdcard as secondary storage. Setting rather small emulated sdcard as a primary storage caused issues with games/apps that want to download large amounts of data to the sdcard.

please make a second 4.4.4kitkat rom with internal sdcard storage :( or tell me how do i make it self

Edited by asko116, 14 July 2014 - 04:15 PM.

dubstep774

dubstep774

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Q: When I'm connected with an USB cable to my computer, I can't see my internal sdcard as a storage, why?
A: I've made an executive decision not to include a mount point for internal sdcard. This is because recent Android versions don't allow setting emulated sdcard as secondary storage. Setting rather small emulated sdcard as a primary storage caused issues with games/apps that want to download large amounts of data to the sdcard.

please make a second 4.4.4kitkat rom with internal sdcard storage 

Can't you read man? KonstaT clearly said that making internal sd card visible produces errors with apps (mainly games which require a lot of data)

So I'm gona say it to you so you can understand:

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Edited by dubstep774, 14 July 2014 - 04:25 PM.

libove

libove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Dash

Can't you read man? KonstaT clearly said that making internal sd card visible produces errors with apps (mainly games which require a lot of data)

So I'm gona say it to you so you can understand:

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Actually, I wonder if it couldn't be accomplished, although with a hack which should need to be done at the CyanogenMod level rather than at the level of a port to any particular device:

It's the current Android kernel which wants to make removable SD cards not generally readable, except through app-specific virtualization. There's some neat consistency and security themes to this, but the way that Google did it really is annoying.

At the kernel level, withOUT breaking the current model completely (which the hacks of enabling, in general, the new SD card privilege for whole categories of apps), I suppose it should be possible to create a system service which has that access and which can offer that access brokered through e.g. specifically file managers and the USB storage adapter. Then apps don't break, the general security of the new model stands, but we have easy read-write access when we find it convenient.

KonstaT, I'd be quite interested to hear your thoughts on that (acknowledging that it would not be the right place to put it in any device-specific port, but to know how you feel about us trying to convince CM to find a clean solution to Google's "damage" regarding SD card storage)?

thanks,

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Hi KonstaT,

I am wondering if you had an Android L rom for Blade III in this early phase?

Many thanks for the many roms you already gave us.

Marton

Already asked and answered several times. Completely pointless to even discuss before L-version is officially released and it's source code is pushed to AOSP. And it wouldn't even be remotely possible before that because of all the hacks we have even for KitKat (and it's only going to get worse). In addition, I really don't see any point pushing this device any further (which of course doesn't mean someone else couldn't do it).

_

How could an app do anything if the OS has crashed? ADB is the only proper way to do this (e.g. 'adb logcat > filename.txt').

please make a second 4.4.4kitkat rom with internal sdcard storage :( or tell me how do i make it self

That's not going to happen. I never preferred having internal emulated sdcard myself and when I once released a build, user outrage was unheard-of. It would be different if we had physical nand partition for internal sdcard, but no, ZTE decided to have only one 'large' /data partition and emulate sdcard (/data/media). You'd also need a recovery image that supports internal emulated sdcard to make things right.

If you want to do it yourself, you should follow the reference for 'emulated primary, physical secondary' device. Essentially it means reverting this commit as I had this done at very early KitKat bring up. General build instructions are in the third post as usual.

Actually, I wonder if it couldn't be accomplished, although with a hack which should need to be done at the CyanogenMod level rather than at the level of a port to any particular device:

It's the current Android kernel which wants to make removable SD cards not generally readable, except through app-specific virtualization. There's some neat consistency and security themes to this, but the way that Google did it really is annoying.

At the kernel level, withOUT breaking the current model completely (which the hacks of enabling, in general, the new SD card privilege for whole categories of apps), I suppose it should be possible to create a system service which has that access and which can offer that access brokered through e.g. specifically file managers and the USB storage adapter. Then apps don't break, the general security of the new model stands, but we have easy read-write access when we find it convenient.

KonstaT, I'd be quite interested to hear your thoughts on that (acknowledging that it would not be the right place to put it in any device-specific port, but to know how you feel about us trying to convince CM to find a clean solution to Google's "damage" regarding SD card storage)?

thanks,

Who's said it can't be done? Nothing to do with kernel, nothing to do with CyanogenMod, very little to do with Google - purely a problem how the internal storage is partitioned on this device. Only problem with Android here is that you can only set emulated sdcard as the primary storage. And the /data partition where this primary emulated sdcard should reside is rather small on this device (~2.5 gb or even less on some newer devices). After app data and dalvik cache etc for system apps only, you already have some 500 mb of that gone. Any apps that you'll install will decrease it even more. In best case scenario, you'd have ~1.5 gb left for internal sdcard and that's way too small to have as a primary storage these days. Having larger external sdcard as a secondary storage would practically mean completely wasting it as it would be virtually inaccessible for any apps to utilize.

That's why I've said I've made an executive decision not to have it. I don't prefer it, having it would suck big time.

Dionis

Dionis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3

Hi KonstaT, mobile data not working, i cant access to mobile internet can you fix that? Thanks 

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Hi KonstaT, mobile data not working, i cant access to mobile internet can you fix that? Thanks 

Lol, of course it works. Fix it yourself (set correct APNs for your carrier).

dubstep774

dubstep774

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

I want to ask:

is there a way to use swaping (or any other method) to swap some of that internal sd card sace (some % of the unused) for some more RAM?

technically speaking (not that I can or will try) I want just to now if it's possible.

Thanks in advance.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

I want to ask:

is there a way to use swaping (or any other method) to swap some of that internal sd card sace (some % of the unused) for some more RAM?

technically speaking (not that I can or will try) I want just to now if it's possible.

Thanks in advance.

Of course, and if you'd search the forum you'd even find a guide to do it.

http://www.modaco.co...repartitioning/

KitKat has zRAM enabled by default though and I'm not quite sure if you're grasping the concept of swap correctly.

CyberTechSRB

CyberTechSRB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

KonstaT can you add OTG support for mouse and keyboard and joystick :D

and one more qus. what is best combination governors & i/o shedulers

i Use Smartassv2 and SIO

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

KonstaT can you add OTG support for mouse and keyboard and joystick :D

and one more qus. what is best combination governors & i/o shedulers

i Use Smartassv2 and SIO

Can't add something that's already there. ;) Mouses and keyboards work just fine as well as external USB-storage. Blade III doesn't output power from the USB port so you'll need an active USB hub or other outside power source. Using an USB OTG y-cable is probably the easiest solution.

I use Smartassv2 and ROW. I doubt you're going to notice any major difference in everyday use.

Szegab

Szegab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi Konsta!

I have CM11 with Kitkat 4.4.4.

Could you tell me how can I fixing kamera crash when I try to make video, and my other problem is not able to recording my phone calls. For example with Call Recorder app by skvalex. My old system was working fine with these components and never problem for that.

Thank you for your help.

Gabriel

Edgaar

Edgaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks for the new build, KonstaT!

If you disable the google play market app, it won't consume all the battery power. Of course it's not a solution, but until google fixes it, it's a workaround.

Saky

Saky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

For everyone having battery issues you could try this (option is checked by defaut,uncheck it)  :) It helped me! But never had any problems with google play services...using latest build from KonstaT.

androidpit-android-4-3-wifi.jpg

Zoplor

Zoplor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE blade
  • Twitter:@Zoplor

Hello,

Dear KonstaT, Some questions about building ROM:

I was flashed CM11 ROM ,And no GSM/3G connection possible because my phone is ChinaUNICOM version. So

i means how to make or bulid can support the ChinaUNICOM version,

e.g

you had built a MIUI Rom for blade 3,but the offical MIUI rom is only for N880E,how you can change the  networks mode can make the rom support blade 3?

LogCat info:

Edited by Zoplor, 21 July 2014 - 02:34 PM.

bezkintos

bezkintos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

For everyone having battery issues you could try this (option is checked by defaut,uncheck it)  :) It helped me! But never had any problems with google play services...using latest build from KonstaT.

androidpit-android-4-3-wifi.jpg

This option is not checked by default. You chose it during the initial setup/ install...

11 user(s) are reading this topic

5 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Madaz, anonymous-user77, KonstaT, mmadjer, MJonMoDaCo