[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Peterling123

This is a Blade III thread.

Android is more than capable of handling the memory management. If you need to close apps, you can do it from the recent apps view. Using any task managers/killers is only going to have negative impact on system's own memory management and usually only leads to problems (i.e. bug reporting is forbidden from users who use task killers).

Ok - did not know that. You live and learn. Thanks for answering.

• 1 month later...
Guest Tontze

Terve Konsta ! 

Nice work there, but im having a "small" problem installing your latest .. Im getting "E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip" with (Status 7), Installation aborted.

i did MD5, was fine. What can be the problem here ? 

Thnx in advance, Tomi

Guest KonstaT

Terve Konsta ! 

Nice work there, but im having a "small" problem installing your latest .. Im getting "E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip" with (Status 7), Installation aborted.

i did MD5, was fine. What can be the problem here ? 

Thnx in advance, Tomi

You will need updated recovery image (CWMTWRP) to install this build!!!

Yes, update your recovery.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest markodj
Thank you KonstaT! I have one question.. When I put out my memory card from the device some applications like camera, gallery, browser.. are not working. Is there any way to fix that, what should I do?
Edited by markodj

Guest KonstaT

Thank you KonstaT! I have one question.. When I put out my memory card from the device some applications like camera, gallery, browser.. are not working. Is there any way to fix that, what should I do?

Don't. You need to have a sdcard in your device if you want to use this ROM.

Guest shozeike

Hi Konstat!
In the 1st post there are the google apps link.... Is there maybe a newer one package with fresh google apps?

im gonna reinstall my phone with this:

cm-11-20141119-UNOFFICIAL-atlas40.zip

So i want a fresh package from google thingies, if there exist... ty :)

Sorry for bad english  :)

Guest KonstaT

Hi Konstat!

In the 1st post there are the google apps link.... Is there maybe a newer one package with fresh google apps?

im gonna reinstall my phone with this:

cm-11-20141119-UNOFFICIAL-atlas40.zip

So i want a fresh package from google thingies, if there exist... ty :)

Sorry for bad english  :)

Any KitKat gapps will do. Just make sure they'll fit in /system partition with the ROM (IIRC some 'full' gapps packages won't fit).

Play Store, Google Play Services and Google Search will update through Play Store anyway so it really doesn't matter if you're using a slightly older package. As these apps are updated, eventually you'll still end up with a copy in both /system and /data partitions so doing this to save storage space won't work either.

Guest Jericho-damn

Hello, I'm getting error code when I try to flash this ROM (tried 4.4 and 4.3), and the operation aborts. Could it be because my CWM is v.3, 'cause have no idea what else it could be? 

I tried finding the solution here, but the thread has 65 pages...

Update: now I read it in the first post that it needs an updated CWM/TWRP. Do I need to backup my stock ROM again (just in case something goes wrong again), once I update CWM, or the old backup will do?

Edited by Jericho-damn

Guest KonstaT

Hello, I'm getting error code when I try to flash this ROM (tried 4.4 and 4.3), and the operation aborts. Could it be because my CWM is v.3, 'cause have no idea what else it could be? 

I tried finding the solution here, but the thread has 65 pages...

Update: now I read it in the first post that it needs an updated CWM/TWRP. Do I need to backup my stock ROM again (just in case something goes wrong again), once I update CWM, or the old backup will do?

Well, you already answered your own question.

Previous backups should work just fine with the updated recovery but it never hurts to make a new backup either.

Guest vladic1

Hi Konstat! :)
Thank you very much for this ROM
Firstable , I want to ask you about Viber - it really doesn't work on my phone,also,sometimes,after unlocking the screen(moving the swipe)-the screen becomes black,it's not about me being rasist,but... :D

I pray for you to hear me,in the name of all Russians users of ZTE Blade 3,and for the entire world,whatever is their phone   ^_^ 

I am a really  important person in Biellorussia B) ,so I will make you a huge monument using all of ours potatoes that will grow this year B) 

Thnak you,ROM-commander  :rolleyes: 

Guest Krityu

Viber problem the video call. So have two solution. Use older Viber or delete libOmxVidEnc.so from /system/lib - camera recording will not work, but not freezing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

Hey people, the sound over headphones is real crappy, distorted, low bass, and lo volume.Is there a "cure" for that.

Yes, buy a better device.

CyanogenMod comes with a DSP manager that can be used to enhance audio output.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest baotica

Yes, buy a better device.

CyanogenMod comes with a DSP manager that can be used to enhance audio output.

Dude, your ROM is great, and I use it.But I can not fathom that sound over the headphones is so bad.I had a huawei 8220 Pulse from 2009, a real cheap phone, and sound is wonderfull (in ear  headphones for cca  10 bucks), of course DSP is on.But on this phone, nothing helps, bas is distorted no mater what you do, DSP or not.

I have a headphones with three rings on the jack, I heard that the sound is better with two rings.Is that true, I don't want to buy new headphones with two rings only to find out that it makes no difference at all.

PS 

Do not install gapps, of any kind.It will slow down your phone, and eat your battery.Even worse, it will eventualy update, and decrease your already small system partition from 100 MB of free space to 48 MB of free space, and that will slow your phone to stuttering, it shouldn't, but it will.

badword Google Framework services that drains my battery and make my phone stutter, and badword Google play and it's ads.

Edited by baotica
Mistakes

Guest KonstaT

Dude, your ROM is great, and I use it.But I can not fathom that sound over the headphones is so bad.I had a huawei 8220 Pulse from 2009, a real cheap phone, and sound is wonderfull (in ear  headphones for cca  10 bucks), of course DSP is on.But on this phone, nothing helps, bas is distorted no mater what you do, DSP or not.

I have a headphones with three rings on the jack, I heard that the sound is better with two rings.Is that true, I don't want to buy new headphones with two rings only to find out that it makes no difference at all.

PS 

Do not install gapps, of any kind.It will slow down your phone, and eat your battery.Even worse, it will eventualy update, and decrease your already small system partition from 100 MB of free space to 48 MB of free space, and that will slow your phone to stuttering, it shouldn't, but it will.

badword Google Framework services that drains my battery and make my phone stutter, and badword Google play and it's ads.

And you think hardware issues are something that you can fix with software?

4-pin headset jack has extra connector for the microphone, it has nothing to do with sound quality. Impedance of the headphones you're using does affect the 'loudness' and quality of the audio, though. If you're having issues with distortion, you might want to lower volume or use headphones with higher impedance.

/system partition is mounted read only so nothing ever gets changed there (unless you change it yourself of course). Free space on /system doesn't get smaller either unless your doing something wrong (any free space on /system is wasted space anyway). Updating gapps through Play Store will just create a duplicate copy of the updated app on /data partition.

Guest baotica

And you think hardware issues are something that you can fix with software?

4-pin headset jack has extra connector for the microphone, it has nothing to do with sound quality. Impedance of the headphones you're using does affect the 'loudness' and quality of the audio, though. If you're having issues with distortion, you might want to lower volume or use headphones with higher impedance.

/system partition is mounted read only so nothing ever gets changed there (unless you change it yourself of course). Free space on /system doesn't get smaller either unless your doing something wrong (any free space on /system is wasted space anyway). Updating gapps through Play Store will just create a duplicate copy of the updated app on /data partition.

Dude, I bought Samsung headphones for 10 bucks, old phone had a good sound through them, this one has a shity bass, and I do know about impendace, it's just that I'm not about to buy some expensive headphones, why, because no metter what I buy, something for 10 bucks or 80 bucks, it will fail in about three to four months.I'm saying this because cheap phones don't come with impendance readings on the box or cover, so one can't know impendance when buying them.

And what do you mean, system partition is read only.I have Titanium app, and it shows apps instaled on system partition red colored, and when you install gapps (and google serveces framework updates it self) system pasrtition  shrinks from cca 86 MB free to 48 MB free space.And then it's phone stuttering time, and of course, it does eat up battery faster.

I just say it like I see it.

Guest KonstaT

Dude, I bought Samsung headphones for 10 bucks, old phone had a good sound through them, this one has a shity bass, and I do know about impendace, it's just that I'm not about to buy some expensive headphones, why, because no metter what I buy, something for 10 bucks or 80 bucks, it will fail in about three to four months.I'm saying this because cheap phones don't come with impendance readings on the box or cover, so one can't know impendance when buying them.

And what do you mean, system partition is read only.I have Titanium app, and it shows apps instaled on system partition red colored, and when you install gapps (and google serveces framework updates it self) system pasrtition  shrinks from cca 86 MB free to 48 MB free space.And then it's phone stuttering time, and of course, it does eat up battery faster.

I just say it like I see it.

And you still think your headphone problem has something to with this ROM and it's something I should do about for a device that I haven't even had in years? Buy better hardware (phone or headphones - you choose).

It means that nothing ever gets written to /system partition unless you flash something in recovery mode or you first mount /system as read-write yourself. Updating Google Services does nothing to your /system, updated app goes as a duplicate to /data. And like said, any free space in /system is wasted space for this reason anyway.

Edited by KonstaT

• 2 weeks later...
Guest baotica

I've been using your version of Cynogen 11 ROM.But it's a lot slower, and a lot more unstable then your Cynogen 10.1 ROM version.Games are also a lot slower on CM 11.I could stand slow from time to time, but random reboot a day after  I would hang up, that was a straw that broke the camels back.

Them google fellers can say that Kitkat is more optimised for 512 RAM phones than older Android OS versions, all day long, at least not on this phone it's not.

Guest KonstaT

I've been using your version of Cynogen 11 ROM.But it's a lot slower, and a lot more unstable then your Cynogen 10.1 ROM version.Games are also a lot slower on CM 11.I could stand slow from time to time, but random reboot a day after  I would hang up, that was a straw that broke the camels back.

Them google fellers can say that Kitkat is more optimised for 512 RAM phones than older Android OS versions, all day long, at least not on this phone it's not.

This hardware (msm7x27a) is not supposed to run anything beyond Android 4.1 (Qualcomm EOL'ed it). This device is not supposed to run anything beyond Android 4.0 (because ZTE left it with ICS, 3.0 kernel, and PMEM blobs). Nothing to do with KitKat being 'optimized' for low RAM devices or not.

Edited by KonstaT

• 2 weeks later...