Random black screen on phone - display working correctly when on homescreen, turning black when running an app

Guest MiLiPa

Hey guys,

Long story short - I was on the bus and my phone fell after a sudden turn. The screen got mad, with digital noise (you know, pink and white stripes) and I was like "it's dead".

But at least I could open the apps, I could get on whatsapp - the major app I need here - and (barely) read the messages, and I was able to send them.

Then, just like that, and before my battery died, the screen went black, with the backlight turned on. Soon the battery was gone.

I charged the phone overnight and, in the morning, the huawei symbol was fine, without any stripes, just some noise in the right lower corner. 

Now the phone was turning on, the homescreen loaded... but whenever I tried to do something, e.g, running whatsapp or facebook by clicking on the shortcut, the phone went black.

The deal is that currently I'm in Brazil and phones are overpriced here. I'm Portuguese, and soon I'm returning to Portugal, but in the meantime I really need a phone I can rely on for whatsapp and whatnot, as nobody uses SMS anymore in here, they're just too expensive to be used, and it's an useful way to be in contact with people back home.

Just 1 month ago I had a malfunctioning digitiser, I went to a shady shop here in Rio and the man fixed it. Spent 40€ on it, way too much for this phone (I'm buying a Nexus in 3 months).

So, guys, what can I do? It seems like software, as it only happens when I'm running an app, but it seems hardware because it happened after the fall. What can I do? Have you heard of stuff like this?

Can you show me a video of someone disassembling a screen and putting back on? It may be a short-contact...

Guest george109

Have you reinstalled WhatsApp?

Have you gone into manage apps > whatsapp > clear cache > clear data > yes > move to phone (if the option exists - DON'T move to the SD Card!)

Have you tried a wipe data/factory reset? That usually fixes any strange problems.