My Huawei G300 started to freeze

Guest thirdian

Guest thirdian

Hello everyone,

Today my device started to to freeze and I can't find a solution...I am rooted and running CM9 ICS rom.I was having bugs with this rom but nothing special to make me change rom.Last apps installed were Greenify and Titanium backup..Idk if this made the problem...
So the facts:
I was playing candy crash when everything got frozen( no touch, no buttons just the screen frozen) and I had to remove battery to make reboot. but after reboot 1 minute later it goes frozen again.Idk what to do and I am very dissapointed.I am looking to backup my contacts and try to put the official ICS rom (the one I found at the huawei site) if I could make it work.

Any real help or advice would be great!I was not prepared for bricked phone just before christmas..I will hope that it will be fixed soon... :(

thank you!

Guest DarioGTI

I would do the same as you. Backup your contacts, or whatever is important to you, and try another ROM, custom or official. Maybe even a factory reset could help, maybe you should try that first.

Wait also for an opinion from a more experienced user.

Guest thirdian

Thnx for the quick answer!

I'll keep charging the device.I tried to boot, I did it, I switched ON wifi.I thought it returned but it got frozen again unfortunately...I uninstalled titanium backup but I think it was not the problem.I am preparing for the next boot to back up. the time I have to do this stuff is short. I will go for official ICS( If I can go for recovery mode)

Guest thirdian

It's not working...I think I tried everything.
It just stopped working after 7-8 times of rebooting. Now I can't even try to switch it ON. Left it on battery charging...
I will search for the receipt and boxes to give it back( I had it for 11 months and it was a great device until today) but can't hope much...

Guest thirdian

It is already at the store that I bought it.I will wait by the new year to see the beast alive again..
Had anyone got a replacement by Huawei with a new one?
I still don't know what caused the sudden death though...

Guest cryptoncore

The sudden death, seems to be happening to a lot of people, do you know what type of eMMC it was? It seems that some models had this problem where they would freeze and never turn back on, seemed to be due to the type of eMMC.

-edited due to incorrect wording, thanks dalyer & smweb-

Edited by cryptoncore

The sudden death, seems to be happening to a lot of people, do you know what type of RAM it was? It seems that some models had this problem where they would freeze and never turn back on, seemed to be due to the type of RAM.

Just to be clear - it's the type of eMMC that matters here:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/366014-a-warning-to-all-g300-owners-please-read-hynix-flash-memory-problem/page-1

The sudden death, seems to be happening to a lot of people, do you know what type of RAM it was? It seems that some models had this problem where they would freeze and never turn back on, seemed to be due to the type of RAM.

HYNIX embedded Multi-Media Controller (not RAM) - susceptible to sudden death (theoretically)

Guest thirdian

As I am reading into http://www.modaco.co...-problem/page-1 I see that now it's too late to find out the answer...
I don't have the device anymore on my hands, I brought it to the service department of Huawei.
Has anyone here solved this problem by his own? Or had the store given to him a new one or the same device revived? 

Thank you all guys for any info and help! 
The more I learn the more experienced I feel by these situations..! :)

Edited by thirdian

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jimsie

My G300 has started to do the same :( I did check the emmc a little while back and thought I was safe because it has the samsung memory. Tried installing new Rom's but even then would shutdown halfway through. It does still boot up and stay on for a while then just shuts down. I have a Logcat txt file which I had running when it shutdown if anyone can make any sense of it.

Guest thirdian

It's similar with me BUT mine died absolutely. So maybe turns to a different problem.
The forum helps a lot with the feedback for this device!
I am still waiting for the service to change my motherboard as they say..I really like this phone by the way, I hope it will be fixed!

It's similar with me BUT mine died absolutely. So maybe turns to a different problem.

The forum helps a lot with the feedback for this device!

I am still waiting for the service to change my motherboard as they say..I really like this phone by the way, I hope it will be fixed!

Do you know if you had Hynix or Samsung eMMC?

The suspicion is that Hynix eMMC based G300s are inherently prone to spontaneous bricking and some ROMs/kernels may accelerate their demise - but hard data is difficult to come by...

My G300 has started to do the same :( I did check the emmc a little while back and thought I was safe because it has the samsung memory. Tried installing new Rom's but even then would shutdown halfway through. It does still boot up and stay on for a while then just shuts down. I have a Logcat txt file which I had running when it shutdown if anyone can make any sense of it.

Did you ever overclock?

If you did then there's always a possibility that you damaged the CPU/SoC.

Guest thirdian

I never overclocked the phone and also I didn't check what emmc it had(I had to do it before...).The service told that they will change the motherboard and it is under warranty.
I'm still waiting to see what happens... :unsure:

Did you ever overclock?

If you did then there's always a possibility that you damaged the CPU/SoC.

May have overclocked, but nothing too extreme. Had also had problems with memory card unmounting quite a bit. Got a new 32gb class ten card just before christmas and it seemed to sort that out.

Phone won't power on at all now so have bought a Moto G. Will keep trying it occasionaly to see if I can get any life out of it.

Guest thirdian

So your phone won't power on  too? Isn't under warranty?
You said you bought moto G! I think we have the same taste on devices and the same budget too..! :D
Still waiting though for the g300...And I'm getting tired......