Hudl video playback distorted/pixelated for YouTube/Netflix etc

Guest ethanholmes

Guest ethanholmes

I was given a Hudl for Christmas and plan to use it to play videos from Netflix and YouTube, but somtimes the playback will turn green and pixelated but there is audio. It's annoying because I'm not sure whether I should take it back as it works fine one time and then randomly it will just be unwatchable. I have a link to a youtube video here showing what happens. Anyone had this before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jo5EMGbnVY

On the information supplied - with YouTube for example, do you expereince the same results if you play the same clip via the app and via a browser like UC Browser HD?

Also maybe worth checking via something like VLC what codecs have been used in the clips that don't work / or sometimes don't work? 

A final note of caution, I have experience of the stock original 'tri-fold' cases that are sold by Tesco sometimes being a little too snug for the hudl and 'occasionally' cause the hudl to do strange things or crash. This could be purely anecdotal but experience so far would suggest otherwise - although these 'hickups' are far apart.  :wacko:

Just some thoughts............. :ninja:

Guest sirius-c

I had a similar issue except my display was pink, I bought a more expensive HDMI lead and the problem was sorted...I always use "wondershare player" from the play store, it's the best video player out there imo, hasn't failed to play a video yet

Edited by sirius-c