[ICS][AOSP]Android 4.0.4 MoltenMotherBoard

Guest gbosh

This is pretty much an AOSP build of ICS for the Crescent, built of MoltenMotherBoard's sources

Other Credits:

• tilal6991 - for being awesome, helping Dazzozo with getting started and offering a ton of advice and fixes.
  • Dazzozo - god of crescent
  • Fuzzra - getting this off the ground in the first place, we wouldn't be here now without his initial work!
  • Fuzzra and UndauntedOlly - Orange UK Signal Boost!
  • TomGiordano - the ZTE overlord.
  • fr0do - the awesome Vivacity guinea-pig with getting the buttons fixed up!
  • The entire CyanogenMod team - For supporting armv6 devices!
  • MoltenMotherBoard team
  • C3C0 For his work on ICS kernel
  • rymate1234
  • H3ROS for his great governor

Sources:

What type of device do I have?:

• P736V: Orange San Francisco II, Free Blade S and other variants.
  • P736E: T-Mobile Vivacity, Telenor Touch Plus and other variants.

Downloads:

Details:

• Android 4.0.4 - Ice Cream Sandwich in pure AOSP flavour!
  • Adreno 200 ARMv6 GPU drivers for awesome 3D performance - Ice Cream Sandwich running smooth on the Crescent!
  • Hardware acceleration! (hell even omx might be working thanks to the hacky hacks)
Edited by gbosh

Working:

• Hardware Acceleration
  • Mobile Data - 3G/2G
  • Network and RIL
  • Sound
  • Sensors
  • Live Wallpapers
  • USB Mass Storage
  • Calculator
  • Gallery
  • Rear Camera
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camcorder
  • Hardware decoding (with the hackiest of hacks)
  • Panorama

Not Working and being worked on:

• Wi-fi tethering
  • Screenshots and multitasking previews are upside-down

Not working:

• Front Camera (hahahahaha lol nope)
  • Camera flash (hahahahaha lol nope)
Edited by gbosh

Guest dodgetimmy

Thanks for this. I wonder how this will rank performance wise. It's always easy to assume performance is better on a new install.

I'm guessing this only just fits a 200mb system partition?

@gbosh

thanks! yes 160 mb is enough.Rom is wery smoth and fast, no random reboots.

wifi tethering works with "wifi tether for root users". only proximity sensor need calibration... if is possible.?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dodgetimmy

I installed this rom using a 160mb system TPT.

The rom may be small enough to fit, but with gaps is does not fit.

The way android deals with this scenario is just stupid, apps just go missing etc.

This means, because I installed gaps before superuser, I am going to have to re-install from scratch because I cannot remove the system apps to make more space! Doh!

Edited by dodgetimmy

I installed this rom using a 160mb system TPT.

The rom may be small enough to fit, but with gaps is does not fit.

The way android deals with this scenario is just stupid, apps just go missing etc.

This means, because I installed gaps before superuser, I am going to have to re-install from scratch because I cannot remove the system apps to make more space! Doh!

You could try with trimed gapps http://www.mediafire.com/download/vti8xb50wb2awh5/lite-gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip thanks to Dovahpig.

Yeah, mobile data 'appears' to work but doesn't actually connected, but otherwise good job!

@Trotil Also thanks for link the trimmed gapps! (and Dovahpig of course) 

Edited by SCORE!

Guest dodgetimmy

Yeah, mobile data 'appears' to work but doesn't actually connected, but otherwise good job!

Did you mean GPS or Mobile Data? Mobile data works fine for me.

Did you mean GPS or Mobile Data? Mobile data works fine for me.

Yeah, mobile data. I haven't tried GPS yet but for some reason I can't get a data signal although I can make & receive calls?

I found T mobile APN and created a new one, but mobile data it still didn't work. Any fixes or tips available? I'm getting gps working in maps. Really like this rom, just wish the mobile data worked  :(

You can use the apn you used on whatever ROM it works on and just enter it in this rom.

Or just Paste any apn-conf.xml to your /system/etc from any rom were mobile data works, this e.g is cyanogenmod 9's https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_f-rFtMJSdjQVlqNmF1eVJnaFU/edit

When I update this ROM I will include the standard apns and the proximity calibration.

Guest dodgetimmy

Okay, now I have got which rom is which correct, I tested GPS the other day with this rom and although it finds a signal, I found the instructions were lagging behind a lot, the google arrow in navigation(google maps) especially. As an example, the application seems to get stuck with the arrow showing in one location and then later when you tap the screen it seems to catch up again

I am wondering if its just me this is happening too and whether there is something wrong with the GPS chip in my handset. Or perhaps my SD card just isn't fast enough or something.

The other thing is, if you take the phone just walking about, it can't seem to get a GPS signal at all and relies only on the mobile signal to work out roughly where you are, this results in it never knowing which direction you are travelling in because you go very slow.

Of course I am making sure at this point I actually have a signal according to android and that there are no tall buildings around.

Just none of it seems to work like GB roms do when it comes to GPS.

Edited by dodgetimmy