Screenshot_2013-12-31-01-00-56.png 303.48KB 34 downloads Screenshot_2013-12-30-22-24-31.png 70.33KB 27 downloads Screenshot_2013-12-30-22-23-41.png 41.93KB 19 downloads Screenshot_2013-12-31-01-19-49.png 239.71KB 22 downloads
cm-11-20140407-PenguinKANG-v9.zip (goo.gl/fJdG81) from mega. there are also mirrors at yandex disk and google drive (thanks to RKucherov)
get a cut-down gapps from the first post here
use this ClockworkMod Recovery which uses the home/menu/back touch screen buttons.
Downloading & Installing
the download site mega has significant cpu and memory usage, so downloading the rom directly to your v9 is unlikely to work. download to a PC and then transfer the rom zip to the v9's sdcard, then boot to CWM, backup, format /system, install the rom, install gapps. downloading from google drive or yandex is more likely to work directly to the v9's sdcard.
NOTE: no matter what the source - always check that the md5sum is correct!
- backup all your v9 including /data and /sd-ext before trying this rom. it is highly likely that things will break if you flip back and forward between cm10.2 and cm11.0 using the same /data.
- you will need >185MB in /system to flash this rom (~219MB with the gapps from above)
- this ROM is for the resistive screen V9's only - capacitive V9c touch screens won't work.
- everything except what's listed below
- FM - there's not enough upstream in cm11 for this to work yet
- notification shade sometimes rendered behind apps - eg. google maps (this is also a bug in cm10.2)
- not sure if bt tethering is working (never tested this in cm10.2)
- wifi reconnect on resume is sometimes a little slow
suggestions and especially patches are welcome for all the above issues!!
Minor Issues that affect all ARMv6 ports
- AOSP keyboard gesture typing doesn't (won't ever) work
- voice search from the google search app doesn't work. Voice search from browser is ok
- newer versions of the google+ app use armv7 code so do not work
- SELinux due to the ar6000.ko wifi/bt binary kernel module
Linking to and Mirroring this rom
it's both useful and fun for me to be able to see rom download stats. I get to see which roms are popular and where most of my users are. that helps me to focus my work where it does the most good.
- If you want to link to this rom from another forum then link to this post. please do not post other "more direct" links.
- if you want to setup a mirror of the above rom then that's ok, but please only do it via a goo.gl link that you tell me about. ie. mirror, setup a goo.gl link to the mirror rom (or ask me to generate one for you), publish the goo.gl download link (along with a link to this post), and then send me the goo.gl url. thanks. if the mirrored file link is cryptographically unique (so it can't be trojan'd later) then I'm also happy to publish it as an "official" alternate download link.
- all sources and instructions are on my github
- ar6000.ko wifi driver now built from atheros sdk2 src instead of binary blob - no more binary kernel modules - yay!
- battery life improvement - changed the wifi deep sleep timeout to 5mins (was 15). this timer starts when the screen is off and the network is idle
- fixed default images dpi which allows space to include the full set of default audio media (ringtones etc.)
- bunch of updates from cm including working wifi/mobile data arrows
- fixed mic being muted on phone calls(!) (thanks to designmechanic_ for the bug report) - on the bright side, the NSA couldn't listen in to your phone calls
- reduced delay on incoming call and in general for wake from deep sleep (thanks to zeelog)
- fix progress bar in browser with quick controls
- other >= cm11.0 m4 features/fixes
- fixed h263 playback
- movie previews now work
- get rid of obvious 16bit colour banding in some apps
- the usual cm updates
- found GL crashes fix (1)
- renderscript patches now upstream (1)(2)(3)(4)
- texture target fix now upstream (1)
- smaller boot animation to save space
- auditd on
- prefer 16bit surfaces(1) is also upstream now, although without the rest of the 16bit patches some apps now have banding artifacts. I might remove it in future.
- a bunch of rearrangements and tidying to the build patches
- lots of cyanogenmod updates (eg. Trebuchet)
- far closer to being a useful rom than the last one...
- new faster kitkat zram added, and it's enabled by default (64MB)
- wifi tethering fixed
- bt tethering might be fixed
- V9Parts fixed by upstream
- added patch to allow turning on high end gfx from the Performance menu (not really recommended)
- mostly fixed the long standing google maps blank labels problem, although the solution isn't perfect
- movie recording (mpeg4 and hd263 work. previews for mpeg4 work too)
- rom now fits into a 220MB /system with a gapps (some of the sound files and packages etc. left out can be found in extras/ in the zip)
- various upstream fixes and updates from CyanogenMod
- preview release. a bunch of things still don't work
- built with gcc 4.8
- uses old webcore rather than new chromium_org webview
- based on androidarmv6 repos
Many thanks to all those working on CyanogenMod and armv6 and especially to the androidarmv6 folks (especially psyke83) and to zeelog, KonstaT, legaCyMod
Edited by PlaguedByPenguins, 12 April 2014 - 02:07 PM.