[DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.2) for ZTE V9

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

Guest ninetailfox97

I flashed this onto my zte v9 over the past weekend (actually tried the 10.2 first), but both roms don't have the touch screen working. the screen works fine, but there is no touch response. The buttons at the button seem to work, as I get a little vibration when I touch it, but the screen is completely unresponsive. It looks like its because its capacitive, but how do you know its capacitive? I thought the capacitive screen was called the V9c, and the one I have is just V9.

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

How to fix camera f.c pbp? :huh:

I just took 2 pics and a movie and the camera works ok for me.

do you have a way to make it FC every time?

if you have a logcat of the FC then send it to me.

Guest naifah

problem solved..instagram camera is crash..so i turned off the camera of instagram. tq buddy..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest naifah

post-992460-14016363203674_thumb.jpg camera fc again bro..[emoji27]

• 2 months later...
Guest OuhXwaH

Guys, I can't use the play store from the cut down gapps because I can't sign in my account.. it always say that it cannot reach google servers.. Do anyone of you who is able to use play store tell me what u did to fix it, please?

• 3 weeks later...

this is my CyanogenMod 11.0 based rom for ZTE V9 - the resistive screen model. NOTE this is NOT an official CyanogenMod rom. it is suitable for developers and advanced users. it is likely to have bugs and be incomplete and to eat all your data. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. having said that, this is the rom that I use daily and it works well for me.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-12-31-01-00-56.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-12-30-22-24-31.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-12-30-22-23-41.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-12-31-01-19-49.png

cm-11-20140407-PenguinKANG-v9.zip (goo.gl/fJdG81) from mega. there are also mirrors at yandex disk and google drive (thanks to RKucherov)

md5sum b0599829a16cf02a066acb400ae3093c

get a cut-down gapps from the first post here

use this ClockworkMod Recovery which uses the home/menu/back touch screen buttons.

md5sum 302fa9d7f8b7bdbb76ad5e73c6d5e582

Downloading & Installing

the download site mega has significant cpu and memory usage, so downloading the rom directly to your v9 is unlikely to work. download to a PC and then transfer the rom zip to the v9's sdcard, then boot to CWM, backup, format /system, install the rom, install gapps. downloading from google drive or yandex is more likely to work directly to the v9's sdcard.

NOTE: no matter what the source - always check that the md5sum is correct!

Important Notes

- backup all your v9 including /data and /sd-ext before trying this rom. it is highly likely that things will break if you flip back and forward between cm10.2 and cm11.0 using the same /data.

- you will need >185MB in /system to flash this rom (~219MB with the gapps from above)

- this ROM is for the resistive screen V9's only - capacitive V9c touch screens won't work.

Working

- everything except what's listed below

Not working

- FM - there's not enough upstream in cm11 for this to work yet

- notification shade sometimes rendered behind apps - eg. google maps (this is also a bug in cm10.2)

- not sure if bt tethering is working (never tested this in cm10.2)

- wifi reconnect on resume is sometimes a little slow

suggestions and especially patches are welcome for all the above issues!!

Minor Issues that affect all ARMv6 ports

- AOSP keyboard gesture typing doesn't (won't ever) work

- voice search from the google search app doesn't work. Voice search from browser is ok

- newer versions of the google+ app use armv7 code so do not work

Unlikely to Ever Work May one day soon work  :) 

- SELinux due to the ar6000.ko wifi/bt binary kernel module

Linking to and Mirroring this rom

it's both useful and fun for me to be able to see rom download stats. I get to see which roms are popular and where most of my users are. that helps me to focus my work where it does the most good.

• If you want to link to this rom from another forum then link to this post. please do not post other "more direct" links.
  • if you want to setup a mirror of the above rom then that's ok, but please only do it via a goo.gl link that you tell me about. ie. mirror, setup a goo.gl link to the mirror rom (or ask me to generate one for you), publish the goo.gl download link (along with a link to this post), and then send me the goo.gl url. thanks. if the mirrored file link is cryptographically unique (so it can't be trojan'd later) then I'm also happy to publish it as an "official" alternate download link.
Building

- all sources and instructions are on my github

ChangeLog

- ar6000.ko wifi driver now built from atheros sdk2 src instead of binary blob - no more binary kernel modules - yay!

- battery life improvement - changed the wifi deep sleep timeout to 5mins (was 15). this timer starts when the screen is off and the network is idle

- fixed default images dpi which allows space to include the full set of default audio media (ringtones etc.)

- bunch of updates from cm including working wifi/mobile data arrows

- fixed mic being muted on phone calls(!) (thanks to designmechanic_ for the bug report) - on the bright side, the NSA couldn't listen in to your phone calls  :) 

- reduced delay on incoming call and in general for wake from deep sleep (thanks to zeelog)

- fix progress bar in browser with quick controls

- other >= cm11.0 m4 features/fixes

- fixed h263 playback

- movie previews now work

- get rid of obvious 16bit colour banding in some apps

- the usual cm updates

- found GL crashes fix (1)

- renderscript patches now upstream (1)(2)(3)(4)

- texture target fix now upstream (1)

- smaller boot animation to save space

- auditd on

- prefer 16bit surfaces(1) is also upstream now, although without the rest of the 16bit patches some apps now have banding artifacts. I might remove it in future.

- a bunch of rearrangements and tidying to the build patches

- lots of cyanogenmod updates (eg. Trebuchet)

- far closer to being a useful rom than the last one...

- new faster kitkat zram added, and it's enabled by default (64MB)

- wifi tethering fixed

- bt tethering might be fixed

- V9Parts fixed by upstream

- added patch to allow turning on high end gfx from the Performance menu (not really recommended)

- mostly fixed the long standing google maps blank labels problem, although the solution isn't perfect

- movie recording (mpeg4 and hd263 work. previews for mpeg4 work too)

- rom now fits into a 220MB /system with a gapps (some of the sound files and packages etc. left out can be found in extras/ in the zip)

- various upstream fixes and updates from CyanogenMod

- preview release. a bunch of things still don't work

- built with gcc 4.8

- uses old webcore rather than new chromium_org webview

- based on androidarmv6 repos

Many thanks to all those working on CyanogenMod and armv6 and especially to the androidarmv6 folks (especially psyke83) and to zeelogKonstaT, legaCyMod

Hi, could you write me step by step instructions how to flash this rom to my zte? I have never done this before and i dont want to make some mistakes. Thank you in advance!

Hi, could you write me step by step instructions how to flash this rom to my zte? I have never done this before and i dont want to make some mistakes. Thank you in advance!

Take a look here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/365005-devrom-cyanogenmod-102-android-431-for-zte-v9/?p=2156675 

Just to help you a little: 

"Installing

boot to CWM, backup, format /system, install the rom, install gapps

Important Notes

- backup all your v9 including /data and /sd-ext before trying this rom. it is highly likely that things will break if you flip back and forward between cm10.1 and cm10.2 using the same /data.

- you will need >190MB in /system to flash this rom (my .au Optus v9 has 220MB), and initial boot will take ~5mins

- this ROM is for the resistive screen V9's only - capacitive V9c touch screens won't work.

- there is not enough space in a 220MB /system partition for both gapps and Focal (~25MB) so Focal is not included. it doesn't really work anyway.

- as with all cm10.2 updates from previous versions, the phone shortcut will break. delete it and copy in a new one from apps

- if you are booting to a non-wiped /data then android will restart some services (including surfaceflinger) to complete the update and adb will stop working too. reboot the phone to fix adb."

And some more info I've found from another post:

HarryPirate, on 25 Mar 2013 - 7:21 PM, said:snapback.png

HarryPirate, on 25 Mar 2013 - 7:21 PM, said:

Assuming you already have Root Access and that this is going to be a clean install and you have a backup of your SD Card.

1 - Reboot in to Clockwork Recovery

1.1 Power Button -> Reboot -> Reboot -> Recovery -> OK

2 - Cleaning Tablet (Menu navigation is done by the Volume buttons and confirmation is done by the Power button)

2.1 Wipe Data/Factory Reset -> Yes

2.2 Mounts And Storage -> Format /boot -> Yes

2.3 Mounts And Storage -> Format /system -> Yes

2.4 Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache -> Yes

2.5 Advanced -> Wipe Battery Stats -> Yes

3 - Partition SD Card (All the information in the SD Card Will Be Lost)

3.1 Advanced -> Partition SD Card -> 512MB -> 32MB -> Yes

4 - Copy ROM and Gapps to SD Card

4.1 Mounts And Storage -> Mount USB Storage

4.2 Copy ROM and Gapps from your Computer to your SD Card

4.3 Unmount

5 Flash ROM and Gapps

5.1 Install Zip from SD Card -> Choose Zip from SD Card -> Choose the ROM -> Yes

5.2 Install Zip from SD Card -> Choose Zip from SD Card -> Choose the Gapps -> Yes

5.3 Reboot System Now

Hope those help you a lot :)

Edited by faji

Take a look here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/365005-devrom-cyanogenmod-102-android-431-for-zte-v9/?p=2156675 

Just to help you a little: 

"Installing

boot to CWM, backup, format /system, install the rom, install gapps

Important Notes

- backup all your v9 including /data and /sd-ext before trying this rom. it is highly likely that things will break if you flip back and forward between cm10.1 and cm10.2 using the same /data.

- you will need >190MB in /system to flash this rom (my .au Optus v9 has 220MB), and initial boot will take ~5mins

- there is not enough space in a 220MB /system partition for both gapps and Focal (~25MB) so Focal is not included. it doesn't really work anyway.

- as with all cm10.2 updates from previous versions, the phone shortcut will break. delete it and copy in a new one from apps

- if you are booting to a non-wiped /data then android will restart some services (including surfaceflinger) to complete the update and adb will stop working too. reboot the phone to fix adb."

And some more info I've found from another post:

HarryPirate, on 25 Mar 2013 - 7:21 PM, said:snapback.png

HarryPirate, on 25 Mar 2013 - 7:21 PM, said:

Assuming you already have Root Access and that this is going to be a clean install and you have a backup of your SD Card.

1 - Reboot in to Clockwork Recovery

1.1 Power Button -> Reboot -> Reboot -> Recovery -> OK

2 - Cleaning Tablet (Menu navigation is done by the Volume buttons and confirmation is done by the Power button)

2.1 Wipe Data/Factory Reset -> Yes

2.2 Mounts And Storage -> Format /boot -> Yes

2.3 Mounts And Storage -> Format /system -> Yes

2.4 Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache -> Yes

2.5 Advanced -> Wipe Battery Stats -> Yes

3 - Partition SD Card (All the information in the SD Card Will Be Lost)

3.1 Advanced -> Partition SD Card -> 512MB -> 32MB -> Yes

4 - Copy ROM and Gapps to SD Card

4.1 Mounts And Storage -> Mount USB Storage

4.2 Copy ROM and Gapps from your Computer to your SD Card

4.3 Unmount

5 Flash ROM and Gapps

5.1 Install Zip from SD Card -> Choose Zip from SD Card -> Choose the ROM -> Yes

5.2 Install Zip from SD Card -> Choose Zip from SD Card -> Choose the Gapps -> Yes

5.3 Reboot System Now

Hope those help you a lot :)

Thanks Faji :)

Guest piciolog

So if you can now add something to the kernel. Dear can add support for usb-host with USB audio.Proshu you, I Had very necessary, but he did not know how. Least try to do it.

Guest a.wallner

Hi!

I got this tablet from a friend that wanted to throw it away.

And I saw this and wanted to give it a try!

This was my first time flashing an android, but I thought.. how hard could it really be?

At first I did break it, but now 4.4 works!

But it is super slow and the preference is very bad. 

Does anyone have an idea what I could have missed?

I hade problems getting in to recovery mode and hade to use a CWM app and choose the option to reboot in recovery mode.

Hi!

I got this tablet from a friend that wanted to throw it away.

And I saw this and wanted to give it a try!

This was my first time flashing an android, but I thought.. how hard could it really be?

At first I did break it, but now 4.4 works!

I hade problems getting in to recovery mode and hade to use a CWM app and choose the option to reboot in recovery mode.

I hade problems getting in to recovery mode and hade to use a CWM app and choose the option to reboot in recovery mode

The phone is off.

Press volume down & power on at the same time. This will get you into the recovery menu.

I had performance problems until I bought a faster SD (class 10). Since then its faster.

Some more tweeks are: overclocking the CPU,

"freeze" the apps that you don't use frequently,

Under Developer options --> Drawing --> Select off to any animations (Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, Animator duration scale)

Those are my suggestions. They wont make the phone lightning fast but they help :)

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

v9's aren't fast, so you may have a skewed idea of what super slow is... :)

however, if you don't have a working sim card in the phone then it'll be very very slow - the radio layer is looping and crashing all the time.

try turning on flight mode and see if it speeds up a lot.

if that works then there are posts around here somewhere that tell you which file to edit to fix it properly (so you can use wifi, bt), but try the above first to see if that really is your problem. get back to this forum if that fixes it and someone'll point you at instructions for the real fix.

Guest a.wallner

The phone is off.

Press volume down & power on at the same time. This will get you into the recovery menu.

I had performance problems until I bought a faster SD (class 10). Since then its faster.

Some more tweeks are: overclocking the CPU,

"freeze" the apps that you don't use frequently,

Under Developer options --> Drawing --> Select off to any animations (Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, Animator duration scale)

Those are my suggestions. They wont make the phone lightning fast but they help :)

I tested again and Ofc it did work now when I don't need it anymore. I promise it didn't work before! 

Before I only got a black screen with a white logo with the text FTM on. 

The SD card.. yeah but then it also should preform bad with Android 2.2 on, which it doesn't.

Pushing the processor sound fun, will have a look at it  :)

v9's aren't fast, so you may have a skewed idea of what super slow is... :)

however, if you don't have a working sim card in the phone then it'll be very very slow - the radio layer is looping and crashing all the time.

try turning on flight mode and see if it speeds up a lot.

if that works then there are posts around here somewhere that tell you which file to edit to fix it properly (so you can use wifi, bt), but try the above first to see if that really is your problem. get back to this forum if that fixes it and someone'll point you at instructions for the real fix.

What? So you mean I can't stream my 4K videos flawless with this V9?! :huh:

Haha but yes, here we have it.

I don't have a sim card in it, and as i turned it into flight mode it actually responds when I push the buttons, not 10 sec later.

The radio loop is my problem.

Edit:

Found it!

http://www.modaco.com/topic/365005-devrom-cyanogenmod-102-android-431-for-zte-v9/?p=2162754

Now wifi works!  :D

Edited by a.wallner

I tested again and Ofc it did work now when I don't need it anymore. I promise it didn't work before! 

Before I only got a black screen with a white logo with the text FTM on. 

The SD card.. yeah but then it also should preform bad with Android 2.2 on, which it doesn't.

Pushing the processor sound fun, will have a look at it  :)

You can try the following, if you haven't tried anything else (e.g. int2ext)

gusper, If instead of FTM CWM, this same is set. You load recovery and you connect tablet to the PC, and on it drivers shall be preset. It is desirable to have OS Windows XP.

mitchiti, There is a method of extension of memory with simlink and script sd-ext. Int2ext noticeably reduces system performance for me. Here link to the instruction on mount Ext partition.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1971689

I hope how to create it through recovery you know?

After successful assembling, it is necessary to transfer data/app and data/dalvik-cache to created partition, the instruction I will write later, it is necessary to translate from Russian.

Transfer of dalvik-cache and applications on sdcard. Alternative to the single adequate script of Simple2EXT.

1 . In CWM Recovery we create the ext-partition, 512Мb it is enough. If it was created, in >mount and storage< it is necessary to make format sd-ext.

2 . Mount the partition by means of SD-EXT script.

3 . Correctness of actions can be checked in the terminal emulator. Enter: mount

In one of lines there shall be a mentioning about sd-ext.

4 . Launch Root Explorer and find folder /sd-ext. It will be in the root directory of the device.

5 . Find the data/app and data/dalvik-cache folders and copy them in /sd-ext.

6 . Open the Terminal emulator and contract.

7 . Again open Root Explorer. If everything was copied operationally, in turn delete the initial folders, differently references (I delete, at first, the dalvik-cache folder) won't be created. Be not frightened if on the screen there are disturbing texts, it is system lost applications. Now everything is adjustable!

8 . Close Root Explorer and open the Terminal emulator.

9 . Create symbolical references to folders from /data in /sd-ext. Enter:

su

ln - s /sd-ext/app /data/app

ln - s /sd-ext/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

After input of each link the terminal shall answer, having repeatedly shown the entered text, it means - links are created.

10 . Reboot.

Edited by faji

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest siaotim

Newbie here. A big thank you to OP and other contributors on this thread, the old ZTE V9 is now breathing new life sporting CM11!

But memory shortage is now the issue, and I've already used up all my dumb luck getting to this point - I really don't want to stuff it up :P

If I'm not mistaken, Simple2EXT is an easy way to automagically make the sdcard available for apps. But Simple2EXT app description on Google Play says it doesn't support CM11 - is there other "easy" alternatives? Unfortunately I can't quite wrap my mind around the instructions under "Transfer of dalvik-cache and applications on sdcard. "

Any pointers appreciated.

Guest siaotim

Thanks for that suggestion. But the problem is, once this ROM and Gapp are flashed on my V9, I don't have enough memory to download anything from Google Play. Hence I can't even try mounts2SD and Simple2EXT :(

Has anyone else found this to be the case? Is there anything I can do?

Guest RogyHyde

What about lalipop..pbp can u make it?[emoji23]

OMG, don't let me suffer again for having a V9+... (thus no touch screen since 4.0)

But anyway, that would be amazingly sublime for a 2.1 tablet.

• 1 year later...
Guest elyas pasha

hi frends i have huawei g750 hang on fastboot and rescue mode plz help i remove battry try to flash in sptool no aney luck

even its not going in recover mode

HELP