Problem with Moto G Recovery

Guest BlackToaster

Guest BlackToaster

Hello boys and girls,

New guy in town, been here for some time but just created an account now so i could create this topic with my problem.

I bought the phone from UK, and the KitKat update came out for US users, i was really excited with it but i couldn't wait for an UK release, so i installed this version from xda, worked great till i wanted to access my WiFi, WiFi wouldn't just turn on, so i installed this version from here.

No problems to install or anything, but something is wrong with recovery, it was probably my mistake at some point but when i access it, it just boots up normally, so i tried to install ClockworkMod Recovery that was on the topic, installed it, but the same happened, it was just booting normally, but it came to my idea to try another recovery, and i found an TWRP Recovery for Moto G, did the same thing but this time it had a different behavior, it appeared the Motorola logo and then it faded into a black screen,then nothing, but currently i installed the ClockworkMod Recovery and the same happens, it just boots normally. 

I don't think that it's a thing that affects the normal functionality of the phone but i still wanted this to get fixed.

Keep in mind that i'm new to the Android community since this is my first Android phone, so please *ELI5, and i appreciate any kind of feedback or help you guys give me!

Cheers and big hugs,

Marco

*explain like i'm 5

Guest plewis1981

Did you re-flash the 4.3 bootloader before flashing recovery? As CWM and TWRP are not yet compatible with the 4.4 bootloader. Instructions on how to do this are in the first post of the us4.4 rom thread.

Edited by plewis1981

Guest BlackToaster

Did you re-flash the 4.3 bootloader before flashing recovery? As CWM and TWRP are not yet compatible with the 4.4 bootloader. Instructions on how to do this are in the first post of the us4.4 rom thread.

No i didn't.

Gonna try that now, thanks plewis1981!

Edited by BlackToaster