Photo

[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

* * * * * 21 votes

1504 replies to this topic

kogos

kogos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Devices:nexus1, zte blade, galaxy tab

this seems to be the only active blade thread, since zte blade is an old device and there are not many ppl dealing with it. So, i'm posting this here, hoping that someone will answer: none of ZeeLog roms can be downloaded from goo.im. So, every rom he posted in mocaco or any other forum, hosted at goo.im, is pretty much a ghost rom. Anyone be kind enough to rehost/repost/reupload his latest v23 pacman rom for the blade???

thanks in advance

silverchair

silverchair

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:zte san francisco

It was time my old trustworthy blade continued its life in the hands of my mom. For that purpose I decided to upgrade it with the latest KitKat fitting on 180 Mb system partition. Went into recovery, wiped and deleted everything as per Zeelog instructions and installed ROM and gapps and voila - it booted. However .. for the life of me I cannot create or log with an existing gmail account, I keep getting There was a problem vommunicating with Google servers. Try again later. I've been googling for a while but could not find anything that helped, so decided to post here as I have doubts, google have changed something that no longer validates the gapps package that zeelog provided. What I've tried so far:

1) Checked MD5 of both ROM and GAPPS - both match. Copied them to device and checked again - matched.

2) Installed latest recovery from zeelog

3) Checked system part - 177 from 180, so no space issue.

4) Found more current gapps packages and tried to strip them so they fit - all of them got errors when trying to install in recovery.

5) Cleared cache and data for all google services.

6) Tried older versions of Zeelog's Rom - same issue.

This phone has been running with an older version of Zeelog's rom for over an year so I am at lost and would appreciate your help.

Update: Google Play Services seem to be missing (can't find it in Settings -> Apps -> All), could that be the problem and why would that suddenly be missing and worked before?

Edited by silverchair, 04 May 2015 - 09:35 PM.

silverchair

silverchair

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:zte san francisco

Ok I can confirm that Google Play Services is missing in the gapps attached on 1st page of this ROM. Since I could not find proper gapps to run, I downloaded only a Google Play Services apk and it worked ... Something got messed up along the way I guess, wondering how nobody else reported this

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

!!!IMPORTANT!!! - READ ME FIRST:

As from build 18.1 (18 January 2015) You'll need at least 186mb system partition for the ROM and gapps to fit.

3) Checked system part - 177 from 180, so no space issue.

No such thing. The recovery just stopped copying the last few files before 180 MB (at 177 MB) because there was no space left. So nothing is missing in the ROM itself, the problem is in your system size. I suggest you reinstall with a proper system size, because some other things might have failed to be copied and you won't know until something fails to work.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

TheCactusman

TheCactusman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

I'm having a WiFi issue with this ROM, keeps saying "Authentication Problem" whenever I try to connect to my router. Anyone else having the same issue?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users