[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest abarthman

I tried installing the latest 18.1 ROM several times late last night, but I am getting constant reboots.

I installed the 210MB system partition TPT from here http://www.amphoras.co.uk/downloads/blade-tpts and then updated to the latest Clockworkmod v4 before cleaning everything according to the first post on this thread and then installing the ROM and Gapps.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

I have installed ROMs many times in the past, so it shouldn't be a rookie error.

Edited by abarthman

I tried installing the latest 18.1 ROM several times late last night, but I am getting constant reboots.

I installed the 210MB system partition TPT from here http://www.amphoras.co.uk/downloads/blade-tpts and then updated to the latest Clockworkmod v4 before cleaning everything according to the first post on this thread and then installing the ROM and Gapps.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

I have installed ROMs many times in the past, so it shouldn't be a rookie error.

assuming that you wiped data, cache & formatted system...try using the int2ext dalvik cache wipe tool, alternatively if that doesn't work as well, recreate an sdext partition to make sure everything gets deleted from your sdext partition (be aware that everything on your sdcard gets wiped as well afaik) - i'm assuming also that rom didn't even boot up...if problem persists try attaching a logcat

Thank you for all work ZeeLog. I am tryıng to install your rom right now and i am curious about what is SELinux? What will i use it for?

you can find more info here: link - basically it enhances security, though right now we're on permissive mode.  On the other hand if ever there will be a cm12 release, it's definitely useful.

Guest silverchair

Thanks for yet another update!! CM12 for the ZTE Blade? Is that even possible considering ART does not support arm v.6? Coming from zeelog, this sounds kind of like a promise :)

P.S. Can somebody who already installed the latest ROM, share how the performance is compared to previous version?

new build up, ROM + gapps need at least 186Mb system partition space, int2ext script has been removed since it was causing problems after adding SELinux support.  SELinux mode is set to permissive, at least for the time being, with enforcing mode it just breaks wifi tethering otherwise I didn't notice any problems...This build must be installed with the latest recovery:

[18 JANUARY 2015]

CWM Recovery 6.0.5.3 (v4) - DOWNLOAD

md5: 1088D808D28C9FB6DF829D94120CCBE4

Add SELinux support (required to flash SELinux enabled builds)

ROM 18.1 - DOWNLOAD

md5: 78AC542C0BBA5921A2ACF126BA3E2590

*** IMPORTANT: THIS BUILD MUST BE FLASHED WITH CWM RECOVERY 6.0.5.3 (v4 - SELINUX) LINK ABOVE OR ON 1st post ***

MINIMUM SYSTEM PARTITION: 186Mb

Various kernel updates noticably:
Add auditd & SELinux support (permissive mode)
Removed INT2EXT script *
Set default governor as Smartassv2
Set default I/O scheduler to SIO
Add SIOPLUS scheduler
various bug fixes
Updated cLOCK widget can be found under the extras folder (ROM package)
other fixes/commits from androidarmv6/CM upstream not mentioned in the changelog

* as alternative us S2E mod (thanks to psyke83 & oleg krikun)

Hi Zeelog,

Thanks for the ROM update.

Is there a guide on how to build your ROMs from source? I'm trying to get my camera to work with CM. With 5 AUGUST 2014 build, I get "Can't connect to camera" error when launching camera app (or "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped" if sd card isn't available), and dmesg during startup shows

<3>[01-17 16:21:24.770000] [68: mt9p111_wq]mt9p111_workqueue: rc != -ENOINIT
<3>[01-17 16:21:24.900000] [69: mt9t11x_wq]mt9t11x_sensor_dev_probe: rc=0x0,model_id = 0x2682
<3>[01-17 16:21:24.900000] [69: mt9t11x_wq]mt9t11x_sensor_dev_probe: model_id = 0x2682

I've downloaded ZTE sources from http://support.zte.com.cn/support/news/NewsDetail.aspx?newsId=1000304 and http://support.zte.com.cn/support/news/NewsDetail.aspx?newsId=1000502 , since my camera only works with OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08 which I think is 2.6.29 kernel, I will diff the camera code of the two stock sources to see if I can spot anything. Is there anything else you think I should try? Would you mind if I PM you about this?

Thanks.

Guest kireerik

Hi bble,

I have this same issue with the previous ROM. There were not enough space on my SD card. So do you have enough available storage on it? Maybe you have another issue, but hope this helps.

Best regards,

Erik Engi

Hi bble,

I have this same issue with the previous ROM. There were not enough space on my SD card. So do you have enough available storage on it? Maybe you have another issue, but hope this helps.

Best regards,

Erik Engi

Hi Erik,

I assume you had "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped" problem? I had that problem when there's a problem with sd card partition. With sd card problem fixed, I now get "Can't connect to camera" error which is present in most/all non-stock ROMs.

thank you @zeelog for your work in this device. please can you tell what is supose to do with '\extras' folder? do you advice to merge into \system with a bigger tpt? thank you again for your support. (hope you understand my bad english . . . )

Guest mpvargas

Thank's Zeelog for your work, and for not giving up on sharing, despite all the begging for updates...

I installed your latest's ROM cm-11-20150118-ZeeLogKANG-blade and every thing works great evan the s2e. But i don't now if is just me, my phone has physical keys, and they just stop working after a little while,

replacing the cwm with the previous version 6.0.5.3 v3, fixes the issue, is this problem known? I searched but cant find where to search for new version....

Guest sashkyyy

Thank's Zeelog for your work, and for not giving up on sharing, despite all the begging for updates...

I installed your latest's ROM cm-11-20150118-ZeeLogKANG-blade and every thing works great evan the s2e. But i don't now if is just me, my phone has physical keys, and they just stop working after a little while,

replacing the cwm with the previous version 6.0.5.3 v3, fixes the issue, is this problem known? I searched but cant find where to search for new version....

Cwm 6.0.5.3 v4 is using the phone's touch. At the bottom is information how you can use it.

Guest mpvargas

Thank for the help, but if you read carefully, I said " I Installed your latest's ROOM... " the problem occurs after the rom installation, and stops after the installation off cwm v3, just wandering if there's a version without the problem..

Thanks for yet another update!! CM12 for the ZTE Blade? Is that even possible considering ART does not support arm v.6? Coming from zeelog, this sounds kind of like a promise :)

P.S. Can somebody who already installed the latest ROM, share how the performance is compared to previous version?

no promises  :) there have been several attempts to port art for armv6 - yet still unsuccessful, from my end I managed to compile a cm12 build for blade, but won't boot because of art, furthermore even if somehow it boots, i don't really know what's working or not.... 

Hi Zeelog,

Thanks for the ROM update.

Is there a guide on how to build your ROMs from source? I'm trying to get my camera to work with CM. With 5 AUGUST 2014 build, I get "Can't connect to camera" error when launching camera app (or "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped" if sd card isn't available), and dmesg during startup shows

<3>[01-17 16:21:24.770000] [68: mt9p111_wq]mt9p111_workqueue: rc != -ENOINIT
<3>[01-17 16:21:24.900000] [69: mt9t11x_wq]mt9t11x_sensor_dev_probe: rc=0x0,model_id = 0x2682
<3>[01-17 16:21:24.900000] [69: mt9t11x_wq]mt9t11x_sensor_dev_probe: model_id = 0x2682

I've downloaded ZTE sources from http://support.zte.com.cn/support/news/NewsDetail.aspx?newsId=1000304 and http://support.zte.com.cn/support/news/NewsDetail.aspx?newsId=1000502 , since my camera only works with OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08 which I think is 2.6.29 kernel, I will diff the camera code of the two stock sources to see if I can spot anything. Is there anything else you think I should try? Would you mind if I PM you about this?

Thanks.

There are instructions on my github - here

further to those instructions

you need to issue the following commands:

lunch cm_blade-userdebug 

cd vendor/cm

./get-prebuilts

to apply patches - copy patches in the corresponding folders, then apply patches using git am *.patch

thank you @zeelog for your work in this device. please can you tell what is supose to do with '\extras' folder? do you advice to merge into \system with a bigger tpt? thank you again for your support. (hope you understand my bad english . . . )

not really, maybe just for the cLock widget which is around ~8mb (last time i checked), but other than that I would recommend leaving the system partition small enough for the rom & gapps to fit in i.e. 186Mb or 190Mb for any/if there are future builds...then it depends how many apps you're planning to install eventually...

Not sure if you're referring to recovery, if so, then for both v3 & v4 you need to use swipe left/right up/down for menu selection, the first time you boot into recovery using power + vol down hardware keys don't work, as a workaround you can reboot recovery (from recovery itself - advanced menu afaik) & then you should be able to use the physical keys along with swipe.

Guest mpvargas

Tanks for the reply, I am referring to recovery, I had v3 installed, to install your rom I replaced it with v4, every thing worked as expected, after rebooting to ROM the key's stopped working, I Had to reboot to recovery and replace recovery v4 with v3, and the key's started working again... The ROM is working perfectly....

not really, maybe just for the cLock widget which is around ~8mb (last time i checked), but other than that I would recommend leaving the system partition small enough for the rom & gapps to fit in i.e. 186Mb or 190Mb for any/if there are future builds...then it depends how many apps you're planning to install eventually...

thanks for the reply.

Guest szpilasty

Hi

I'm getting notification "USB storage in use - tap to manage" if I do it takes me to Storage settings > Unmount USB storage. This notification stays and can't be dismissed. Reboot helps, but it is keeps coming back.

I'm on 18.1 - full wipe with S2E installed, ext4.

Any idea?

new build up, ROM + gapps need at least 186Mb system partition space, int2ext script has been removed since it was causing problems after adding SELinux support.  SELinux mode is set to permissive, at least for the time being, with enforcing mode it just breaks wifi tethering otherwise I didn't notice any problems...This build must be installed with the latest recovery:

[18 JANUARY 2015]

CWM Recovery 6.0.5.3 (v4) - DOWNLOAD

md5: 1088D808D28C9FB6DF829D94120CCBE4

Add SELinux support (required to flash SELinux enabled builds)

ROM 18.1 - DOWNLOAD

md5: 78AC542C0BBA5921A2ACF126BA3E2590

*** IMPORTANT: THIS BUILD MUST BE FLASHED WITH CWM RECOVERY 6.0.5.3 (v4 - SELINUX) LINK ABOVE OR ON 1st post ***

MINIMUM SYSTEM PARTITION: 186Mb

Various kernel updates noticably:
Add auditd & SELinux support (permissive mode)
Removed INT2EXT script *
Set default governor as Smartassv2
Set default I/O scheduler to SIO
Add SIOPLUS scheduler
various bug fixes
Updated cLOCK widget can be found under the extras folder (ROM package)
other fixes/commits from androidarmv6/CM upstream not mentioned in the changelog

* as alternative us S2E mod (thanks to psyke83 & oleg krikun)

WoooooooOOOOooooooooHooooooooOOOooooOOOooo !!!! cheers big guy :D

Hi

I'm getting notification "USB storage in use - tap to manage" if I do it takes me to Storage settings > Unmount USB storage. This notification stays and can't be dismissed. Reboot helps, but it is keeps coming back.

I'm on 18.1 - full wipe with S2E installed, ext4.

Any idea?

indeed, I just uploaded a new build which supports MTP usb mode - I recommend upgrading to the latest build. (by default it's set as MTP, though if you're upgrading you might need to switch to MTP manually after upgrading to the latest build (25.1)

new build up:

[25 JANUARY 2015]

ROM 25.1 - DOWNLOAD

md5: 8B290825CA41842DFBE3672E9D0B5013

new USB options:

Add Media transfer protocol (MTP) support

Add Picture transfer protocol (PTP) support

Upgrade from build 18.1 supported

Must be flashed using CWM recovery v4

some more details about MTP/PTP : LINK

Hi there!

First of all thank you very much Zeelog and all the others who have contributed to the creation of this great mod. It's good to know that some experts still care about Blade.

I'd have a question. Is there any way to install the latest build (now it's 25.01.15) and still flash the int2ext script somehow? I know there was a good reason to remove it since it caused problems with SE Linux support (unfortunately I have no idea what it is).

The reason I want the script back is that even though I'm mounting an ext partition in Link2sd or S2E, these programs only link the data after download and installation (using Google Play for instance). Therefore I'm unable to install a 24MB+ app with a fresh installation of build 18.01.15. The installation stops with a message about lack of storage. On the other hand with the int2ext script it worked well, when I tried an older build (05.08.14).

Or is there any solution to have "directly" mounted ext to supplement the system partition to avoid lack of storage during app download and installation?

Sorry I'm not an expert, I hope I made myself understood.

Thanks for the answers in advance ;)

Update: Since then I found CronMond. I think this is the way to go...

Edited by krdtms

Guest sergiuv

...I'm unable to install a 24MB+ app with a fresh installation of build 18.01.15. The installation stops with a message about lack of storage. On the other hand with the int2ext script it worked well, when I tried an older build (05.08.14)...

I had the same issue with int2sd when installing OSMAnd (29 Mb). The apk download folder was not mounted on SD. I managed to fix it by linking the download folder to a SD folder. I think this is how I did it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1786497

Edited by sergiuv

Guest Berdroid

Thank you zeelog! It's amazing how this blade is still alive! At the moment I have a new phone, but I still come here to try the roms!

My phone is new and I am already having problems (http://www.modaco.com/topic/374413-cubot-s208-new-firmware/), with my old Blade in case of problem I only need to flash a new rom, the Blade community is colossal, not like the new smartphones communities.

Thank you all