Photo

[DEV][ROM] [5.8] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

* * * * * 21 votes

1428 replies to this topic

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (San Fran)

I refer to post  #1405 as earlier mentioned in this thread, everyone in this forum is still waiting for YOU to update this rom???
If it matters that much, why don't you take over from ZeeLog?

This phone is over 5 years old, it's hardly going to be the number one developed platform now, when there are many other newer ones out there... We should be grateful we still have ONE developer left. However constant moans and complaints will drive him away soon.... (if not already). Please lets be a bit more respectful, and appreciate all the work his HAS DONE, and no doubt will continue to do... He works on his own, and releases when he feels like it... (Unless you know otherwise???? by keep saying the rom is dead, perhaps you speak to him???).

If the rom _IS_ dead, I'm sure (like all other Devs) is that he'd come on here and say he is no longer working on it.... As he hasn't done this yet, lets assume he is still working on it, and we'll hear when he is ready....

Sorry to be so negative, just find myself having to repeat myself over and over and over again.... :(

Thanks, Lister

ROM is dead :-(

FFS2309

FFS2309

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE, HTC DESIRE C

I refer to post  #1405 as earlier mentioned in this thread, everyone in this forum is still waiting for YOU to update this rom???
If it matters that much, why don't you take over from ZeeLog?

This phone is over 5 years old, it's hardly going to be the number one developed platform now, when there are many other newer ones out there... We should be grateful we still have ONE developer left. However constant moans and complaints will drive him away soon.... (if not already). Please lets be a bit more respectful, and appreciate all the work his HAS DONE, and no doubt will continue to do... He works on his own, and releases when he feels like it... (Unless you know otherwise???? by keep saying the rom is dead, perhaps you speak to him???).

If the rom _IS_ dead, I'm sure (like all other Devs) is that he'd come on here and say he is no longer working on it.... As he hasn't done this yet, lets assume he is still working on it, and we'll hear when he is ready....

Sorry to be so negative, just find myself having to repeat myself over and over and over again.... :(

Thanks, Lister

I can only agree with you and it is really  wondering me that there are devs out there which make rom for this phone these days. I mean stock ROM is 2.1 or 2.2 at most and what have we got ? Android 4.4.4! I wonder every time how you could modify these ROMs so that they are working on this really old and slow device and I hope this isn't dead because it is working in every day usage without problems which is very nice because there are way better phones out there that can't give you stable custom ROMs... So at least I'm hoping that this phone will be alive longer than it already has been.

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Even if the ROM is dead, we already have a nice KitKat version. It's very unlikely that we will get any newer Android versions (at least not such that actually work well), because our phone is extremely slow and old and Android 5.0 "Lollipop" requires ART, which is not compatible with ARM6 CPUs such as ours.

So enjoy the version we have OR if you want something new and working - buy a cheap new phone like Moto G or Moto E (both will get official Lollipop). Thankfully, nowadays there are many cheap phones with good quality.

Edited by elrond_bs, 19 November 2014 - 10:27 PM.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

FFS2309

FFS2309

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Even if the ROM is dead, we already have a nice KitKat version. It's very unlikely that we will get any newer Android versions (at least not such that actually work well), because our phone is extremely slow and old and Android 5.0 "Lollipop" requires ART, which is not compatible with ARM6 CPUs such as ours.

So enjoy the version we have OR if you want something new and working - buy a cheap new phone like Moto G or Moto E (both will get official Lollipop). Thankfully, nowadays there are many cheap phones with good quality.

I don't think that there will be no ARM6 ART because there are so many people and in worst case you could trick android in thinking that dalvik is art it wouldn't be as fast as art but should work and as far as I know are most Apps compatible with ART and Dalvik so I bet that there is a possibility to port it to ARMv6

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

I never said it won't happen, but not only ART has be ported, it will have to be working without problems. And then a 5.0 ROM has to be ported and be good enough, otherwise users will start complaining a lot with a half working or slow ROM. We have no active developers here and even KitKat was a big surprise. Blade is a lower-end phone from 2010, we should to be realistic and thankful for what we have.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (San Fran)

Hi All,

Yeah, basically what he ^ said....

The ZTE Blade came out near end of 2010, and was only supported up to the "initial" rom it shipped with... ie: Android 2.1 (Eclair).

The fact we've had, FroYo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, IceCream Sandwich, JellyBean and KitKat.... we should be grateful for those, and without our Dev's.... We wouldn't have, which the way SOME PEOPLE ON THESE BOARD CARRY ON, we won't even have our last remaining known Dev....

We can't expect this phone to keep going on, and on and on... Heck, it only has 512Mb of storage space to store the OS, which mainly around 80-90Mb mark... I dare say even Lollipop is way above that by now...

The noobs (and we were all one, at one point) just need to calm the f__k down, and just wait... Like we all used to in the past, if he wants to carry on developing for us, he'll let us know when "HE IS READY" and not be told, when we want a new rom... Thats how its always worked...

Cheers, Lister

I never said it won't happen, but not only ART has be ported, it will have to be working without problems. And then a 5.0 ROM has to be ported and be good enough, otherwise users will start complaining a lot with a half working or slow ROM. We have no active developers here and even KitKat was a big surprise. Blade is a lower-end phone from 2010, we should to be realistic and thankful for what we have.

FFS2309

FFS2309

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi All,

Yeah, basically what he ^ said....

The ZTE Blade came out near end of 2010, and was only supported up to the "initial" rom it shipped with... ie: Android 2.1 (Eclair).

The fact we've had, FroYo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, IceCream Sandwich, JellyBean and KitKat.... we should be grateful for those, and without our Dev's.... We wouldn't have, which the way SOME PEOPLE ON THESE BOARD CARRY ON, we won't even have our last remaining known Dev....

We can't expect this phone to keep going on, and on and on... Heck, it only has 512Mb of storage space to store the OS, which mainly around 80-90Mb mark... I dare say even Lollipop is way above that by now...

The noobs (and we were all one, at one point) just need to calm the f__k down, and just wait... Like we all used to in the past, if he wants to carry on developing for us, he'll let us know when "HE IS READY" and not be told, when we want a new rom... Thats how its always worked...

Cheers, Lister

That's what I'm thinking but I only wanted to point out that it's possible so it could be coming and maybe I will get myself a try on porting and even if it's slow and people complain what would probably happen I personally think it's worth a try because you know that you've done it and who really uses this phone anymore who really wants everything to be smooth ? That shouldn't be that much and I think if it is possible to port and someone is there who knows how than it should happen because this person could be proud of himself because he has done something nearly impossible and for me that is what matters and even if this device is going to be dead soon it wouldn't be that worse because it is the low section on low-end and that kitkat even runs that fast as it does is sooo amazing and I hope as said it will be alive longer. And if I have spare time I will try to port this. And I think you can ask people if they want to port it, it is ok but don't try to force anyone to do this because that wouldn't work .

gerhardo

gerhardo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Stop all porting immediately!

I do not want to be surprised again seeing amazing updates to the Blade.

No more releases to try out will save time. Stop posting here too.

hajj_3

hajj_3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

I recommend that people considering an upgrade to get the Huawei Y550, it is £49.95 delivered from carphonewarehouse on PAYG upgrade, it is unlocked but you need someone with a payg sim that is 6 months+ old and has been topped up within the last 6 months. Here are the specs: http://www.gsmarena....d_y550-6676.php

64bit qualcomm snapdragon 410 cortex a53 with 4G support, 1gb ram, 4gb rom and microsd. It is an incredible phone for the money. We just need it rooting and a custom rom building as the stock UI is bad. The Moto E is good but the specs are much better on the y550 overall. Ordered the y550 myself, for £46.90 delivered (after £3.05 topcashback) just waiting on root and custom roms now.

Edited by hajj_3, 25 November 2014 - 03:50 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users