Photo

European OTA roll out started (UK is a go!)

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

markhuges

markhuges

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Yep,just read that too. Lost track of how many times I've flashed the 2 phones I've had & now Tesco roll out the OTA!

what? When did tesco roll out the OTA?

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts

what? When did tesco roll out the OTA?

It's a staged roll-out so usually they send it out to a very small number of devices to make sure there are no problems, then they send it out to a larger number of devices before finally releasing it for all. It also prevents the OTA web server from dying if thousands of handsets try to update at the same time.

So I say give it another week. Moto said it'll be available on the 24th so I think that would be the release for all devices. If I find the OTA updates then I'll share them and post up a simple guide for updating with them.

jusumgeezer

jusumgeezer

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:Motorola MotoG Stock en_GB 4.3
Got a few friends running untouched TESCO ROM, so I've told them not to apply the update so I can attempt to pull it off first.(fnar fnar!)
Will wait & see what happens...

Edited by jusumgeezer, 10 January 2014 - 06:03 PM.

Loren82

Loren82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade - Xperia U - Moto G

It's a staged roll-out so usually they send it out to a very small number of devices to make sure there are no problems, then they send it out to a larger number of devices before finally releasing it for all. It also prevents the OTA web server from dying if thousands of handsets try to update at the same time.

So I say give it another week. Moto said it'll be available on the 24th so I think that would be the release for all devices. If I find the OTA updates then I'll share them and post up a simple guide for updating with them.

We will be watching on, I live in Spain but my Moto G comes from UK, thanks for the info

chodu666

chodu666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:OSF/ZTE BLADE
Just downloading the kit kat update now. Have a tesco moto g. Have done nothing to i since i got it.A prompt just came up automatically asking me if I wanted to download it. Approx 23:05 on Friday 10th jan. 187mb over WiFi.

Edited by chodu666, 10 January 2014 - 11:11 PM.

digital0

digital0

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Just downloading the kit kat update now. Have a tesco moto g. Have done nothing to i since i got it.A prompt just came up automatically asking me if I wanted to download it. Approx 23:05 on Friday 10th jan. 187mb over WiFi.

Could you please save the zip file from /cache?

djdiablo5

djdiablo5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Moto G 8GB

Same here , receive automatic update from Tesco.

I downloaded but I haven't installed yet. Where can I find the file so I can uploaded here?

fuzzyy

fuzzyy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300

Same here , receive automatic update from Tesco.

I downloaded but I haven't installed yet. Where can I find the file so I can uploaded here?

Someone says /cache?

EDIT: Got the update myself now too. I'm going to leave the notification open for a bit - anyone want to give instructions?
I've started downloading, along with seemingly a lot of others? 200MB download estimated 321 minutes

Edited by fuzzyy, 11 January 2014 - 01:13 AM.

Moto G 8GB

Tesco 4.4

kuji

kuji

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Got the OTA - Error whilst installing on the green droid screen. Rooted, Unlocked Tesco 8gb. Thought it failed as I had xposed & gravitybox installed.. Turned em off.. re-leeched but same same.

fuzzyy

fuzzyy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300

Got the OTA - Error whilst installing on the green droid screen. Rooted, Unlocked Tesco 8gb. Thought it failed as I had xposed & gravitybox installed.. Turned em off.. re-leeched but same same.

Can't it fail just because of root? Having Superuser in the system apps folder?

Moto G 8GB

Tesco 4.4

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Devices:Android

Got a few friends running untouched TESCO ROM, so I've told them not to apply the update so I can attempt to pull it off first.(fnar fnar!)
Will wait & see what happens...

I have one here that got the update. Any idea how to read it out? It is not showing up in Downloads where I was expecting it. (And I never got ADB to work since the new pairing feature.)

dwl99

dwl99

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Tab2 P5100, Galaxy S3

uploaded Blur_Version.14.71.8.falcon_umts.TescoSL.en.GB.zip to mediafire http://www.mediafire...scoSL.en.GB.zip

I have an unlocked rooted stock 4.3 with CWM recovery but the install failed - I think it needs stock recovery. It also started shutting down a few seconds after starting up & I needed to restore my CWM backup. I also copied the zip to the SDCard & tried to flash it with CWM but got an error message "This package is for "falcon_umts" devices, this is a "xt1032""

We need someone clever to make a de-odexed, zipaligned, debloated, rooted, flashable CWM zip. That doesn't sound too much, does it? :-)

Edited by dwl99, 11 January 2014 - 09:50 AM.

MickJack

MickJack

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 & Moto G 16gig
Just been offered the update, Tesco 16g, root,unlockedbootloader, downloaded the update will install later, looking into the handset files cannot see or know what I am looking for ? Happy to copy and dropbox/drive if I knew what it looked like and where it is hidden. Guess someone who knows what they are doing will be on it but won't run the update until later.

Edit: 10am ish, getting it now, the update is the Blur_Version.14.71.8.falcon_umts.TescoSL.en.GB.zip as above, good work dwl99. also more links on xda. looks like we have what we wanted :-)

2nd Edit: 11am ish, Just used 'rom toolbox app', found the zip in cache, will watch dwl99's and others before installing, expect it may not, I am XT1032 as well and working well on 4.3. I am sure a flashable file will be here soon or I will be on to tillaz's infusion.

3rd Edit 5.30pm. asked handset to install, failed. Started again, full download - straight into install (handset plugged into charger) failed again. no reason shown, starts ok but just stops and reboots back to where I started.

Edited by MickJack, 11 January 2014 - 05:35 PM.

mrflibbles

mrflibbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
Tesco 16gb. Update downloaded. Couldnt find it in /cache. Installed and working fine. I miss the network activity symbols which go in kitkat.

henrythedog

henrythedog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

updated mine this morning, un-rooted stock tesco 8gb model, installed fine, took approx 10 mins. One thing to look out for, I noticed it chnaged the settings back to default in one or 2 places... had to select my network again to get a signal and also that it had reverted to NOT being in  battery saver. I also checked to see if I could now install non-market apps without getting the "parsing failed" error... no luck unfortunately, will have to stick to google drive method for now it seems.

miali

miali

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
Just restarted my phone and daw the update notification. Haven't downloaded it yet as not near WiFi. I'm have Tesco 16 GB model, only network unlocked, no root etc.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts

Tesco update is the same as the German and French updates but you must use the right OTA for your installed ROM. Just means if you flashed the German ROM then there is no need to reflash as you wont gain anything :)

Owl93

Owl93

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G
  • Twitter:@O_0wl

So I read that the 4.4 updated has been realeased to UK phones. I've bought mine at Amazon.uk but when I check System Updates it says that my system is up to date. Any answers? Thank you.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts

Only Tesco UK is rolling out now. Retail UK should start from the end of next week. 

Owl93

Owl93

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G
  • Twitter:@O_0wl

Thank you. Even If I'm in Portugal (no sim lock) I'll have the update by then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users