European OTA roll out started (UK is a go!)

Guest jusumgeezer

Guest vickdu31

Got my french 8go retail OTA update this morning ;)

A friend got his SFR 16go Kitkat update on friday morning !

Edited by vickdu31

Guest Simon O

Any problems with using the flash method that I used to flash the UK retail firmware to my Tesco Moto G with the Tesco 4.4.2 firmware that can be found and downloaded from HERE

Download and flash the Tesco 4.3 rom from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14

Open the flashall.bat with Notepad and go to line 89. Delete the following two lines:

CALL :fastboot_flash partition gpt.bin

IF %errorlevel% NEQ 0 EXIT /b 1

then save the file 

Run the script from a command prompt as follow:

flashall.bat /u /eu /ec

which will wipe data and cache.

Then you can wait for the update or flash it manually. Details are elsewhere on the forum.

Guest trueno2k

Thanks...

Would you think there be any real/big differences between the Retail 4.4.2 & Tesco 4.4.2 firmware?..

Edited by trueno2k

Guest markhuges

Thanks...

Would you think there be any real/big differences between the Retail 4.4.2 & Tesco 4.4.2 firmware?..

I'm 99% sure but its hardly any difference at all. There are no tesco apps and nearly like stock.

Just under settings it says module code or number tesco.

Thats all

Guest trueno2k

I'm 99% sure but its hardly any difference at all. There are no tesco apps and nearly like stock.

Just under settings it says module code or number tesco.

Thats all

Thought as much... :P I remember reading a few posts regarding the 4.3 ( JB ) firmware between the Tesco & Retail firmwares... Thanks...

Guest trueno2k

Download and flash the Tesco 4.3 rom from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14

Open the flashall.bat with Notepad and go to line 89. Delete the following two lines:

CALL :fastboot_flash partition gpt.bin

IF %errorlevel% NEQ 0 EXIT /b 1

then save the file 

Run the script from a command prompt as follow:

flashall.bat /u /eu /ec

which will wipe data and cache.

Then you can wait for the update or flash it manually. Details are elsewhere on the forum.

Failed to flash userdata.img and then exited, rebooted Moto G, it then started updating installed apps, and did a OTA check, still no luck!..

Have just done a factory reset and see if that will help!..

Man this is so damn frustrating that my device didn't get in the OTA shortlist... boo hoo hoo... :angry2:

Edited by trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

Okay, so I couldn't get the OTA to work, but I remembered I downloaded the zip format that I mentioned previously and copied that to the Moto G internal SD and went to the stock recovery and flashed that zip to the Moto G and low and behold 4.4.2 is now flashed on my device and running so far so good...

Now, just to be safe, gonna to do another factory reset and re-set up the settings and apps all over again!.. <_<

Edited by trueno2k

Guest rwalton159

I live in Yorkshire, England and my Tesco purchased Moto G updated last night.

Seems to be more Google (we want to know where you are stuff) on the phone seen in the Location settings.

I use my phone with the Windows 8 launcher, so I have a superb easy to use launcher with superb performance.

Not sure what the benefits are over JB but I suppose there's no going back now.  TBH, I've never thought about flashing and changing the rom.  I did this with the Blade and G300 I owned previously.

I live in Yorkshire, England and my Tesco purchased Moto G updated last night.

Seems to be more Google (we want to know where you are stuff) on the phone seen in the Location settings.

I use my phone with the Windows 8 launcher, so I have a superb easy to use launcher with superb performance.

Not sure what the benefits are over JB but I suppose there's no going back now.  TBH, I've never thought about flashing and changing the rom.  I did this with the Blade and G300 I owned previously.

It took a couple of minutes to download while I was out and had my Sunday lunch and no wonder you need to be on 50% as that did hit the battery for quite a bit of power for a few minutes work.

The data requests are Motorola wanting to collect App usage statistics, nothing else mentioned from Google themselves. Everything seems the same, the text and icon colours on the top bar seem to have changed from blue to white, other than that it just seems a lot faster. The camera does also appear to be a bit quicker and a little better, but that might just be my imagination, will need others to confirm this.

Just performance improvements so I don't think I would want to go back, much better than the g300 fiasco.

Edited by eLJay

Guest Simon O

UK Retail update should be coming now. From Motorola:

"Android KitKat Comes to Moto G in the UK – Our KitKat family is expanding! When we launched Moto G to the UK market in November 2013, we committed to delivering Android, KitKat, to devices by early 2014. We’re thrilled to start delivering on that promise. Over the next week we are officially rolling out Android 4.4.2 to Moto G phones – starting today! This latest version of Android brings some cool new features, including printing emails and photos from your phone."

I think I know why the OTA is failing... For some reason my tesco 8gb, unlocked and rooted using pauls superboot in CM it thinks its an XT1034 not an XT1032...

OTA normal, OTA sideload and CM flash all fail..

Anyone else with same issue ?

I have an unlocked rooted stock 4.3 with CWM recovery but the install failed - I think it needs stock recovery. It also started shutting down a few seconds after starting up & I needed to restore my CWM backup. I also copied the zip to the SDCard & tried to flash it with CWM but got an error message "This package is for "falcon_umts" devices, this is a "xt1032""

I'm getting this error too (This package is for "falcon_umts" devices, this is a "xt1032) on an unlocked rooted stock 4.3 with CWM recovery.

Does anybody have any ideas how to resolve?

Guest MickJack

I am 16g Tesco, bootloader unlocked & rooted method 2, OTA just stops and boots back to 4.3 handset is seen as XT1032 but I was thinking the update was failing because of root, tried to disable superu and the app has now disappeared from my handset, but I still seem to be rooted. Don't want to spent hours playing around and reinstalling apps, I am in waiting mode :-)

as it is my phone is so much better than my G300.

Same as what I was on - why did I get it and you didn't then ? 

One thing - have you rooted your phone ? If so, you'll need to unroot it. 

Normally they roll out updates in stages, in case there are problems.

Normally they roll out updates in stages, in case there are problems.

Now that I got my hopes up I got to have the update now ahahah xD

EDIT: Just received the update notification! Downloading now !

Edited by Owl93