Wanting to revert to stock

Guest Asianfoodrules

Guest Asianfoodrules

Hi there, after messing around for a bit, I would like to return to stock. I can't really ATM since I kinda deleted my stock ROM backup.

Anyone have a link or someway to return to complete stock (including bloatware) since I don't have a backup?

I'm from New Zealand, my phone was from Vodafone (New Zealand obviously). I have the G510-0100 (NFC version).

I kinda need this to unlock my phone. Or not. Either way, I want to get back to stock.

Cheers guys.

Guest wbrambley

Hi there, after messing around for a bit, I would like to return to stock. I can't really ATM since I kinda deleted my stock ROM backup.

Anyone have a link or someway to return to complete stock (including bloatware) since I don't have a backup?

I'm from New Zealand, my phone was from Vodafone (New Zealand obviously). I have the G510-0100 (NFC version).

I kinda need this to unlock my phone. Or not. Either way, I want to get back to stock.

Cheers guys.

Try this. Flash from your current recovery, it will replace it with stock recovery in the process. After that it should OTA update to B193.

https://mega.co.nz/#!HB4GVa5B!Bbh-k3i-PlNpLOZuPga-WUTNXskSTvBSSXaWgC9YoDI

Let me know how you get on.

Guest Asianfoodrules

Try this. Flash from your current recovery, it will replace it with stock recovery in the process. After that it should OTA update to B193.

https://mega.co.nz/#!HB4GVa5B!Bbh-k3i-PlNpLOZuPga-WUTNXskSTvBSSXaWgC9YoDI

Let me know how you get on.

I'm trying the download now, though, when you unlock it, it comes up with something to unlock it as soon as you put a different carrier's SIM in it. Will that rom mentioned work for that?

Guest wbrambley
I'm trying the download now, though, when you unlock it, it comes up with something to unlock it as soon as you put a different carrier's SIM in it. Will that rom mentioned work for that?
No. If it is network locked it will stay that way. Mine was. $30 to unlock from Vodafone or about $12 doing it yourself with DC Unlocker. I'm quite happily on 2degrees now. Edited by wbrambley

Guest wbrambley

i set up account, purchased credit and logged in with dcunlock pc app. it showed up strait away.

basicly i unlocked boot loader, network ulocked, custom recovery, rooted and cm11 on within an hour of picking up my  phone.

(oh and maybe voided warranty too. :))

Guest wbrambley

Will upload update.zip for vodaphone nz (b193) Unless you can findn it in system updates?

will be up in about 15 munutes.

Edited by wbrambley

• 4 months later...
Guest Asianfoodrules

6 months on, when i finally want to do this, not so great. OTA failed for some reason? Where are the OTAs stored? Also I will try flashing the update.zip you provided.

Guest wbrambley

6 months on, when i finally want to do this, not so great. OTA failed for some reason? Where are the OTAs stored? Also I will try flashing the update.zip you provided.

Should be on SD card, HWOUC I think.

Guest Asianfoodrules

So, i flashed it, and it said assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/fat/image/amsshd.mbn) then a bunch of numbers when flashed throygh TWRP.

Guest wbrambley

So, i flashed it, and it said assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/fat/image/amsshd.mbn) then a bunch of numbers when flashed throygh TWRP.

You can only flash any OTA update from stock recovery.

Did the zip I sent have that?

Edited by wbrambley

Guest Asianfoodrules

Prior to that, I had to delete the first line in the updater script for the build.prop in order to get where I am now.

Guest wbrambley

Prior to that, I had to delete the first line in the updater script for the build.prop in order to get where I am now.

You may need to download OTA again if you modified the zip file.