Gemini/Tablo/JoyTab 7" TAB7012 - Battery Failure

Guest Max-Power

Guest Max-Power

Hi chaps,

I've got a Tablo 7" (which is basically a re-branded Gemini) which is 22 months old and failed on it's second battery (but this time out of warranty with box.co.uk) so I am looking to change the battery myself.

Has anyone tried this (with a tutorial) and know the right one from fleabay to buy as a replacement?

Cheers!

Guest Simon O

I think I know the tablet you have.. gemini sold it as the 7012. Usually the batteries in these are just simple flat batteries with two wires soldered to the mainboard. As long as you get the right voltage then you should be fine. However it does depend how much the battery will cost and if it's ultimately worth replacing as it's quite an old tablet. 

Guest Max-Power

Just a quick update, one of the wires to the mainboard from the battery had broken off for some reason... I re-soldered it on and it's charging now :) Had to re-flash it though as it got stuck on the android logo when booting up!

The battery seems like the standard 7" tablet ones on eBay if anyone wanted to change it. Soldering points are a decent size for anyone to do it themselves :)