Photo

[Q] Optimus L7 II P710 Bootloop [Fixed], How to root?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CrashBX

CrashBX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Almost anything computer related.
  • Devices:LG Optimus L7 II

Hello, I came here in a need of quick help. I have rooted Optimus L7 II and I tried editing media_profiles.xml
After editing it and rebooting it got stuck on a LG boot animation. I can't get a logcat during boot but thankfully I have full rooted ADB access in stock recovery mode, Could any fellow L7 II owner give me his unmodified "media_profiles.xml" so I can replace it although I have a bad feeling that it's not causing the problem because I (think) I reverted all the changes in it before pushing it back with ADB. So someone with L7 II post their media profiles file or tell me how to get adb while booting so I can diagnose this problem myself.

Reflashing kdz's is a LAST resort.

kuTO6bk.png

This is the screenshot of some of the files in /system/etc and underlined one is the presumably correct media_profiles.xml that I pushed back using adb in hopes of fixing the bootloop.

Could the different date be the problem?

Edited by CrashBX, 14 January 2014 - 08:03 PM.

CrashBX

CrashBX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Bumping the thread in need of serious help. I think this problem is way bigger than the incorrect media_profiles file. I tried to reflash the rom but I just get the image shown below.

U9ViMW2.png

I was trying to reflash by following the tutorial from this thread which goes is pretty detailed. This is the page I got my KDZ from. Since the link for V10A is broken I used V10B. I used that one because I am from Croatia and I assumed the "CRO" part of the kdz name is short for Croatia. I was in emergency mode (yellow screen) and have installed pretty much any driver I found. Just one more quick question, my phone originally came with V10E, will using V10A or V10B superbrick it or something?

CrashBX

CrashBX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Rebump. Managed to fix it somehow by using stock LG updater. Thankfully, before the brick I haven't updated my firmware and now it's updated and working. Unfortunately, the rooting exploit that framaroot uses and probably every fu**ing exploit out there was patched by LG in that update. So my question is, how do I root LG P710 with latest firmware. Also one sub-question, what difference is between firmwares from different countries and let's say V10A and V10B firmware? Anybody?

CrashBX

CrashBX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Update!

Root problem solved, huge thanks to user Dejan990 over at XDA for finding a way to root it and to guys at Kingoapp for doing the actual work behind this.
Just install the application, activate the debugging mode for usb and connect the phone to the pc.

http://www.kingoapp.com/index.htm

3ipagMB.png

Edited by CrashBX, 10 March 2014 - 05:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users