Touchscreen Calibration app

Guest virgopunk

Guest virgopunk

Hi, haven't been here for a while but my Hudl was one of the 'dodgy' ones with screen issues. I've been getting phantom key strokes etc which has been a real pain. I was debating whether to send it back but the prospect of re-installing stock was causing me to procrastinate.

I use my tab for a lot of comic reading using Perfect Viewer and was experience continual phantom key strokes which would knock the current file on a page or call up the settings etc (all very annoying). Of course quick press of the power button would resolve the problem but only for a few minutes.

so, I thought I'd do some trawling to see if there was any possibility of fixing the issue through a software fix. I've seen some discussion of tweaking the build.prop etc but I chanced up on this thread on XDA and decided to give the apk a go.

It's still early days but so far (touch wood) I haven't experienced any issues. I'd be very interested to hear of anyone else's experiences trying this little calibration app. I'll also come back and update the post if it hasn't worked (I'm expecting it not to just because so much of the evidence suggests a deeper lying reason for the issues). I'm hoping that a KitKat firmware update might resolve the problem but obviously we don't have any firm date for that as yet

Still, as long as it's not harmful I think it's worth exploring every option.

Kind regards,

- Virgopunk

Guest CashMoney

I don't really have any issues with touch, although on the odd occasion a touch won't be registered, forcing me to try 2 or 3 times to get a button/icon to react. My concern with this app is what to do if it makes a mess of things. Is there an easy way to go back?

Guest sirius-c

I can confirm that it didn't work, I lost touch screen response down left hand side just like many others have even after using this apk... It happens more with typing in landscape for me

• 2 weeks later...

FYI another member "Greybot" has posted this "I rang the helpdesk and they informed me that the touchscreen becoming unresponsive is software related and a fix via an update is coming out before the end of this month. I am waiting for this and an update for an HDMI problem (also software related) due for middle of February, to fix my Hudl. If it doesn't I will return it. "

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367050-tesco-replacement-hudl-service/