[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 8.20 UNOFFICIAL [09/12/2014]

4216 replies to this topic

Karakura Red

Karakura Red

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300, HTC Wildfire

I have a problem when updating apps through Aptoide.

Normally with root, Aptoide installs the update automatically after downloading it.

However, with some updates it opens the standard App Installer after downloading and then I get a message that I don't have enough free space, although I have more than enough (~350mb). Other updates on the other hand are normally installed through Aptoide without any problems.

Installing new apps, either through Aptoide or using the Apk, doesn't give me any error message.

I actually don't know if it's a problem with the ROM or Aptoide itself, but I never had that before. So if anyone has an idea what causes it, it would be greatly appreciated.

chil360

chil360

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300-0100

Hi CHIL360

thanks a lot for this wonderful rom.

by the way, any plan for correcting the frequency table as

http://www.modaco.co...able-selection/

Yes, I have seen this fix, just need to test it out with the other freq table changes already in the kernel - y300 overclock and under volt.

Hey chil360: There's a old change in CM11 that allow the device to use lockscreen wigdets, even with low RAM is set in true. You can add it?
P.D: Isn't for me, is for the people here and in HTCMania.

Is the change you are referring to - patch1 - patch2 ?  I'll port the patches and try it.

If you would like to support my work with a donation you can use this link. Thank you.

moochermick

moochermick

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300, g510
@Chil360

I've just restored a backup of slimkat 4 (31/03/2014) and the browser displays images perfectly, no white boxes. Zooming in and out is also fine.
What's changed with the browser since then?

chil360

chil360

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

@Chil360

I've just restored a backup of slimkat 4 (31/03/2014) and the browser displays images perfectly, no white boxes. Zooming in and out is also fine.
What's changed with the browser since then?

When SlimKat moved to Android 4.4.3 there was a patch to android_external_webkit to allow it to build against updated libraries. I think this is where the problem was introduced.

If you would like to support my work with a donation you can use this link. Thank you.

domenico76

domenico76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:y300

Hi Guy,

Thanks for th valuable effort.

Slim Kat porting is really a step ahead with respect to any stock modding

The comparison does not hold.

The only annoying problem is that I don't have the number of the incoming call (and the picture) as soon as the phaone rings.

Yes... I have already reduced the call_ring_delay from 3k to 0, but I still observe 1-2s of delay in getting the name....and this is to me a not negiglible drawback.

Any clue on that?

Ciao,

D.

painteramit

painteramit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Hi Guy,

Thanks for th valuable effort.

Slim Kat porting is really a step ahead with respect to any stock modding

The comparison does not hold.

The only annoying problem is that I don't have the number of the incoming call (and the picture) as soon as the phaone rings.

Yes... I have already reduced the call_ring_delay from 3k to 0, but I still observe 1-2s of delay in getting the name....and this is to me a not negiglible drawback.

Any clue on that?

Ciao,

D.

i've observe the same on luzactive governer.

I am using interactie now, better than luzactive. but the delay is still there.

also the min freq is 196

markoprogramer

markoprogramer

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300

also the min freq is 196

I think it is too low...

Device : Huawei Ascend Y300

ROM: SlimKat 4.4.4 by chill360

banner.png

yapmeo

yapmeo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-0100

Hi @chil360

1. Is it possible to increase the charger current draw limit?
Even using 1.0A charger but the draw seems like same as the stock (550mAh) one, 3 hours charging time is too long.

2. Is it possible to increase the speaker volume without installing 3rd party app/driver?
The speaker volume is still not loud, but louder than stock rom.

Thanks!

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-100

also the min freq is 196

It's because interactive governor will scale up more aggressive then other usual governor's. & the ring delay is there just to mask it...

juanpablocastillo

juanpablocastillo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Yes, I have seen this fix, just need to test it out with the other freq table changes already in the kernel - y300 overclock and under volt.

Is the change you are referring to - patch1 - patch2 ? I'll port the patches and try it.

You are lucky to port the changes?

domenico76

domenico76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

I think it is too low...

In the end the ROM comes with ring_delay set to 3000, and I did not chenge the min freq (196 I believe)... and I have the trouble....

I believe 100% of users have the same

The point is that the same slim kat ROM on a samsung S2 of a friend of mine does not suffer of any delay in displaying the image of the caller, so is our poor device porting to miss a fast path for the incoming call awareness?

Can we raise somehow the priority of the task? improve the time to exit from stand by by build prop editor? 

Thank you Chil360 for a reply on that if possible.

Ciao,

D.

Edited by domenico76, 19 July 2014 - 10:17 AM.

javad esmaeelpour

javad esmaeelpour

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Anybody knows how to use otg?

chil360

chil360

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

You are lucky to port the changes?

Yes, I have ported the patches and will add them in the next weekly. With these patches, lockscreen widgets are disabled by default but can be enabled in Settings > Security.

Any clue on that?

The call_ring.delay property is set in the device tree which I ported from CM11 - Dazzozo must have added this for a reason but I don't know why. If you all think that setting it to 0 is a good idea then I will. If you know of any other tweaks to improve this let me know and I will add them.

domenico76

domenico76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Yes, I have ported the patches and will add them in the next weekly. With these patches, lockscreen widgets are disabled by default but can be enabled in Settings > Security.

The call_ring.delay property is set in the device tree which I ported from CM11 - Dazzozo must have added this for a reason but I don't know why. If you all think that setting it to 0 is a good idea then I will. If you know of any other tweaks to improve this let me know and I will add them.

Thank You Chil,

I believe it something related to the time it takes to reload the task to show the caller id... but i don't know, since I am not expert of android OS how to improve. Yes we could try avoid letting the system to go in deep sleep but Slim Kat is already hungry in power and I believe some strategy to reduce that also introduced the caller delay popup drawback. Which is the forum you suggest to post the question?  It is a pity becasue is really the only noticeable issue in a really really good ROM !

Ciao

Edited by domenico76, 19 July 2014 - 11:59 AM.

juanpablocastillo

juanpablocastillo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Thanks, chil.

Aqirul

Aqirul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-0100

waiting lockscreen widgets :3 

btw, i use itelledemand with sioplus, the problem gone... min freq 169..

luca020400

luca020400

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts
  • Interests:Linux Android
  • Devices:Moto G 2014

You have to add ro.config.low_ram=true in build.prop

Aospa 4.4.4 My Topic

Mahdi Rom 4.4.4 My Topic

Carbon Rom 4.4.4 My Topic

Carbon Rom 4.2.2 My Topic

Nameless Chil360 Topic

All bootanimation My Personal Server

Mega script collection My Personal Server

Sorry for my bad english ( I promise you : I will learn English well XD )
I'm Italian and I'm 14 years old
Remember to click the thanks button

Hesham Elswalhy

Hesham Elswalhy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I have a problem in the screen i have tried a lot of roms but all CM roms this happen the only rom works fine is miui v5

This picture of the problem

Yo4CLg.gif

how i can fix it ?

painteramit

painteramit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

you need to disable the screenoff animation from Settings > Display > CRT Animation = Don't Show

Hesham Elswalhy

Hesham Elswalhy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

thanks painteramit for your reply 

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users